Superdrug Pay & Benefits reviews

Shocking
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland27 March 2018
I was employed by superdrug as a team leader. 4 months of being in the company I didn’t get my full training or wasn’t signed off as a team leader. I was basically a sales asistant the whole time I was there which completely knocked my confidence as I had been doing amazing in my last job before I started here thinking that I’ll have more opportunities in superdrug. Well wasn’t I very wrong!!! In my interview I was promised lots of hours, The manager knew I was leaving a 30 hour contract to come and work here and then all of a sudden everyone’s hours are all dropped to 20 hours a week after only being in the company a few weeks. How can anyone live of that! Discusting and embarrassing! This job should only be advertised for students! Also the manager wasn’t approachable at all, the way the staff were being spoke to was shocking! Rotas were only getting done a day before the new week began, I could go on forever but this says enough!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salary
boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking26 March 2018
Not an enjoyable place to work, my co workers were lovely but the job is horrible. I was stuck on the till for my whole shifts 9-6 without being allowed to move anywhere else. They were surprisingly very strict given the awful salary and there are next to no discounts.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor salary, boring work, long
Fun workplace and inviting to all customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 March 2018
I really enjoy working with this company the people are so amazing to work with and the benefits and salary are beneficial to my circumstances everything I needed taking care of in regards to the management was well taken care of
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Average pay
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Nail Technician (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex23 February 2018
I have always enjoyed working for superdrug stores, it's a very nice environment to work in. They work you hard but I think that's good because it keeps you busy.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive plce to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire20 February 2018
I have learned a lot while working for Superdrug. However the hours are getting longer and no work/life balance and impossible sales targets. Absolutely no public holiday off apart from Christmas day so stores are open 364 days of the year. I used to enjoy working for Superdrug however I feel they do not appreciate there employees.
Pros
Staff discount, Salary
Cons
Long hours, High sales targets, No work/life balance
Fun hard place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire5 February 2018
Superdrug is very noticeable its very well known store, my review would be that it has everything you need material wise e.g make-up, perfumes, creams and others i think it is highly overrated and its quiet pricey some people might think its to expensive compared to other shops. The experience i got from there was how to greet the customers and help them needed.
Pros
right amount of lunchtime
Cons
longer hours
Flexible hours and good management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds4 February 2018
Management is always willing to listen to you if you're unhappy with your hours, and as long as you stay productive on the shop floor, socialisation with your coworkers isn't punished so that you can still have fun at work. Easy job to pick up and the wage is above minimum. Good staff discounts too.
Quiet and boring
Nail technician (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 February 2018
I worked as a nail technician for superdrug was lied to by management about the hourly rate, told between £8-9 per hr and I was on minimum wage not even the rate advertised in job advert. No communication between nail techs which made it hard to know what has happening after you'd been off for a day or so. The only good thing I can possibly say about this job is the training is good but you could find similar courses closer to home without having to travel to London etc
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Company is up to date and moving forward, pay is low and job made harder by lack of hours to run the store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  manachester30 January 2018
I worked with some of the best store managers, colleagues and team leaders ever in this job.
issues are (like in most retail jobs) lack of labour budget
This effects store and colleague security it is so low.
The pay is minimum wage. as a colleague you are expected to be flexible across the week when you might be on as little as a 4 hour contract
as a manager you are paid for 39 hours per week yet might work above 50 hours, all because you do not have the budget to bring in the staff.
Pros
10% branded 30% own brand discount
Cons
low pay/long hours
no comment
Sales Assistant/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Somerset22 January 2018
Worked for the company over 11 yrs .

It's a ok place but they expect you too work extra hours for free, and have targets' too get every day.

Keep cutting budgets and minimal staff...
Pros
30% of Superdrug products
lovely place to work
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2018
really nice place to work and is always filled with laughs. only reason im looking to leave as i need full time hours. Lovely staff and management is good.
Pros
discount
Cons
low contract hours
Overall - good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex22 January 2018
Recruitment team are superb.
Training and Development opportunities good.
Long hours are expected despite being paid for 39.
Good benefits, 30 per cent on own brand and exclusive products. 10 per cent on all other branded goods.
Pros
30% discount on GOBE products
Cons
long hours, no Saturdays off unless holiday
Friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
You get to meet lovely staff, a very friendly environment and are understanding in terms of flexibility with students. Hard working staff that don’t get paid as much as they should
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Low pay
Friendly staff and management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester10 January 2018
Superdrug is much changed since I worked there. The shop has moved. Staff seem always much younger than in my time there. Job was interesting and varied. Stocktaking was amazing
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Wages fairly low
Nice place
sale advisor and at the till sometimes (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
At superdrug I was very happy with my team, we was all very kind and friendly. Customers were very rude, but this wasn't a big problem. I was working only weekends.
Pros
30 min free launch
Cons
less payment
The company doesn't care about employees at all
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire9 January 2018
I love the people I work with which is the only reason I have stayed in Superdrug. The company as a whole likes to pay minimum wage, cut everyones hours and yet expects amazing customer service and brilliant sales. There is not enough staff to run a store and they are reducing the hours every year. They are greedy and horrible and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Cons
minimum wage, greedy company and cuts hours
Good
sales adviser (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey7 January 2018
I loved working at superdrug because of the flexible hours as they fit in so well with my studies. However, throughout my 4 years of working there we had many different team members and I could really tell the difference in how well people worked with having a different team, luckily i got on well with everyone. The salary isn't great but if you're a big people person this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
good for making friends
Cons
bad pay
Friendly and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex29 December 2017
Easily one of the best jobs I've had, I could fit my job round my school and social life and the pay was very good.
My manger was incredibly nice and extremely accommodating, I entered the nob receiving a lot of training and felt well prepared.
All of my co-workers were extremely friendly making work more enjoyable.

The only thing I didn't like was the treatment I would receive from customers and the strict expectation put in place for mystery shop which meant doing things which seemed unesscary to tick boxes
Pros
Good staff benefits, good pay
Cons
Treatment from customers
Enjoyable job but bad company.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oswestry28 December 2017
Brilliant benefits with the job but the company as a whole done care about their staff at all. after working in 3 different superdrugs I would defiantly never go back to the company.
Pros
discount
Fun working place
Store Assistant, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Croydon20 December 2017
Superdrug Stores Plc takes pride in developing its employees. There was good incentives and motivation to develop yourself. There was the need to work as team. The working environment was good.
Pros
Subsidised breakfast and lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.