Superdrug Pay & Benefits reviews

- Good Atmosphere and fun environment
- Appropriate weekly targets
- Good management
- Very flexible
- Great staff discount and lots of fun competitions on the hub
Ok
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Letchworth18 June 2018
Poor salary, met nice people there. Bad management, horrible boss and poor lunch breaks. Good place to get customer service experience. Not long hall job
Ok place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire10 June 2018
Although this has been a great job to have unfortunately my shifts are not always guaranteed and my shifts can be cancelled at short notice. Unfortunately this does not work for me as I need guaranteed work every week.
alright
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Braehead, Glasgow4 June 2018
worked here for work experience when I was younger and it wasn't too bad the staff were friendly but I could not give an accurate rating as I never was paid for working here.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no pay
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe21 May 2018
Superdrug is a fast paced retail industry. great opportunities for advancement within the company. they invest a lot of time into their employees and want to hire from within.
Pros
advancement
Cons
time consuming and salary
Hours are good for students.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton19 May 2018
Superdrug is good for a first job, the hours are good for students, I worked Saturday and Sunday but only for 4 hours on Sunday so I could still enjoy my weekends. Unfortunately the management I had was awful, there was a lot of inequality and judgement but I understand that not every store is like this and they pay was £4 something an hour..
Pros
Good first time job
Cons
Pay
Good First Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wallington13 May 2018
Days at work can become repetitive, good if you enjoy routine.
Helpful at basic retail training. Minimum wages are paid, and discount in OK. Work is enjoyable depending on area you work in and management team also.
Pros
discount, competitions to win prizes, good team environment
Cons
Low wages
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire8 May 2018
no communications or help, they don't rally care what you do unless you go for long breaks then they do.
they are not friendly
they don't have good security
Pros
long break
Cons
people
friendly and up beat place to work,
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick25 April 2018
When I worked there I enjoyed my work life and I also enjoyed my home life it was an equal balance for me at the time due to commitments with school. Good place to work however very irritating getting constant paper cuts.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks long hours
Great
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saffron Walden24 April 2018
Superdrug is the best retail job i ever had, everything was good about it, if i didn't have to leave, i wouldn't have. If i lived closer i would still be there. The people are great, good hours, good job! Not the easiest retail job but that is what made every day exciting.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Long distance.
Shocking
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland27 March 2018
I was employed by superdrug as a team leader. 4 months of being in the company I didn’t get my full training or wasn’t signed off as a team leader. I was basically a sales asistant the whole time I was there which completely knocked my confidence as I had been doing amazing in my last job before I started here thinking that I’ll have more opportunities in superdrug. Well wasn’t I very wrong!!! In my interview I was promised lots of hours, The manager knew I was leaving a 30 hour contract to come and work here and then all of a sudden everyone’s hours are all dropped to 20 hours a week after only being in the company a few weeks. How can anyone live of that! Discusting and embarrassing! This job should only be advertised for students! Also the manager wasn’t approachable at all, the way the staff were being spoke to was shocking! Rotas were only getting done a day before the new week began, I could go on forever but this says enough!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salary
boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking26 March 2018
Not an enjoyable place to work, my co workers were lovely but the job is horrible. I was stuck on the till for my whole shifts 9-6 without being allowed to move anywhere else. They were surprisingly very strict given the awful salary and there are next to no discounts.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor salary, boring work, long
Fun workplace and inviting to all customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 March 2018
I really enjoy working with this company the people are so amazing to work with and the benefits and salary are beneficial to my circumstances everything I needed taking care of in regards to the management was well taken care of
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Average pay
Good for a first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 February 2018
Working at Superdrug was good as I was able to gain many skills aswell as getting to know amazing colleagues .however, the pay rate for my age wasn't reasonable .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Nail Technician (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex23 February 2018
I have always enjoyed working for superdrug stores, it's a very nice environment to work in. They work you hard but I think that's good because it keeps you busy.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive plce to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire20 February 2018
I have learned a lot while working for Superdrug. However the hours are getting longer and no work/life balance and impossible sales targets. Absolutely no public holiday off apart from Christmas day so stores are open 364 days of the year. I used to enjoy working for Superdrug however I feel they do not appreciate there employees.
Pros
Staff discount, Salary
Cons
Long hours, High sales targets, No work/life balance
Fun hard place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire5 February 2018
Superdrug is very noticeable its very well known store, my review would be that it has everything you need material wise e.g make-up, perfumes, creams and others i think it is highly overrated and its quiet pricey some people might think its to expensive compared to other shops. The experience i got from there was how to greet the customers and help them needed.
Pros
right amount of lunchtime
Cons
longer hours
Flexible hours and good management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds4 February 2018
Management is always willing to listen to you if you're unhappy with your hours, and as long as you stay productive on the shop floor, socialisation with your coworkers isn't punished so that you can still have fun at work. Easy job to pick up and the wage is above minimum. Good staff discounts too.
Quiet and boring
Nail technician (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 February 2018
I worked as a nail technician for superdrug was lied to by management about the hourly rate, told between £8-9 per hr and I was on minimum wage not even the rate advertised in job advert. No communication between nail techs which made it hard to know what has happening after you'd been off for a day or so. The only good thing I can possibly say about this job is the training is good but you could find similar courses closer to home without having to travel to London etc
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Company is up to date and moving forward, pay is low and job made harder by lack of hours to run the store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  manachester30 January 2018
I worked with some of the best store managers, colleagues and team leaders ever in this job.
issues are (like in most retail jobs) lack of labour budget
This effects store and colleague security it is so low.
The pay is minimum wage. as a colleague you are expected to be flexible across the week when you might be on as little as a 4 hour contract
as a manager you are paid for 39 hours per week yet might work above 50 hours, all because you do not have the budget to bring in the staff.
Pros
10% branded 30% own brand discount
Cons
low pay/long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.