Superdrug Pay & Benefits reviews

Okay.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff16 January 2018
Was on a zero hour contract with hardly any hours, management had their favorites and only gave hours to certain people. They were very strict with their promotional sales and loyalty cards and would often call you up if you hadn't met their targets. Colleagues were great but I wouldn't recommended this as a full-time job unless they offer you contract.
Pros
Discount was great.
Cons
0 hour contract, Not enough hours, strict management.
Friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
You get to meet lovely staff, a very friendly environment and are understanding in terms of flexibility with students. Hard working staff that don’t get paid as much as they should
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Low pay
Nice place
sale advisor and at the till sometimes (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
At superdrug I was very happy with my team, we was all very kind and friendly. Customers were very rude, but this wasn't a big problem. I was working only weekends.
Pros
30 min free launch
Cons
less payment
The company doesn't care about employees at all
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire9 January 2018
I love the people I work with which is the only reason I have stayed in Superdrug. The company as a whole likes to pay minimum wage, cut everyones hours and yet expects amazing customer service and brilliant sales. There is not enough staff to run a store and they are reducing the hours every year. They are greedy and horrible and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Cons
minimum wage, greedy company and cuts hours
Good
sales adviser (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey7 January 2018
I loved working at superdrug because of the flexible hours as they fit in so well with my studies. However, throughout my 4 years of working there we had many different team members and I could really tell the difference in how well people worked with having a different team, luckily i got on well with everyone. The salary isn't great but if you're a big people person this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
good for making friends
Cons
bad pay
Friendly and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex29 December 2017
Easily one of the best jobs I've had, I could fit my job round my school and social life and the pay was very good.
My manger was incredibly nice and extremely accommodating, I entered the nob receiving a lot of training and felt well prepared.
All of my co-workers were extremely friendly making work more enjoyable.

The only thing I didn't like was the treatment I would receive from customers and the strict expectation put in place for mystery shop which meant doing things which seemed unesscary to tick boxes
Pros
Good staff benefits, good pay
Cons
Treatment from customers
Enjoyable job but bad company.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oswestry28 December 2017
Brilliant benefits with the job but the company as a whole done care about their staff at all. after working in 3 different superdrugs I would defiantly never go back to the company.
Pros
discount
Fun working place
Store Assistant, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Croydon20 December 2017
Superdrug Stores Plc takes pride in developing its employees. There was good incentives and motivation to develop yourself. There was the need to work as team. The working environment was good.
Pros
Subsidised breakfast and lunch
ok place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bradford14 December 2017
depends on where your store is and how much money it takes on how much you will enjoy your job. if you are in a low income area the benefits of work will not be as much to you as they are to others
Pros
discount is pretty good
Cons
long hours, no recognition of hard work
friendly workers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire29 November 2017
Work experience over all was quite tiring and repetitive as i would be doing the same thing everyday. but it built my confidence and made me see work in a better light.
Pros
long lunch
Ok - if youre a student
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset26 November 2017
This job would be fine if you are studying and need it part-time. I would not recommend this job for a full-time role. Management do not really know what they are doing and expect everything but pay the minimum for it.
Lovely but tedious
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York21 November 2017
I loved working here due to the nice customers and fairly easy money. However nasty customers can get you down, hours can be terrible and pay is awful. Sometimes I did a 4 hour shift, and was paid around 16 pound, and a return bus ticket cost £4. Generally though the atmosphere of the staff and shop was good. Also, i understand security etc but sometimes we got 15 minute breaks and had to buy food in store and the queues would 10 ten minutes and we werent told we could have an extra ten, so I'd rush and basically have 2 minutes sit down over 6 hours.
Pros
Discount and pleasant collegues
Cons
Short hours. Low pay and short breaks
It is okay if you are not in education
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire15 November 2017
Superdrug is a fun job if you are working with the right people and the right management, its helped me earn a lot of work experience and the discount benefits are amazing however they try to take over your life with the job.
Pros
Discounts, free gifts if you've been working hard
Cons
Makes you feel as if you can't call in sick, unnecessary disciplinaries
Decent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2017
Very hard work for very little pay.
Not many opportunities to exceed in this company.
So much pressure where targets are concerned.
Not a good place to work in, in terms of salary.
Pros
You can wear your own uniform as long as it's black
Cons
less wage
great job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Shipley25 October 2017
superdrug was fun although standing during long hour shifts could be demanding and tiering. for the amount of work done, pay rise is a must. girls would enjoy to work here.
Pros
discount on superdrug products
Cons
provide chairs on tills
Fairly standard retail
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berkshire24 October 2017
Store staffing levels are inadequate and there appears to be a total absence of set rotas for part time staff, which means planning for family events is almost impossible. Sometimes requested to work additional hours at very short notice. However I gather this is fairly standard for retail these days.
Rate of pay meets statutory requirements, but no more.
Staff discount is very good.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No set rotas for part time staff
Progression Possible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland6 October 2017
This company offers good progression opportunities if you are willing to give up all aspects of your personal life.

On a 39 hour contract I was regularly expected to work 50 hours plus with some weeks being as high as 70 hours for no extra pay.

The company offers its staff a good pay structure at all levels.
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
Ridiculous hours.
Good for first job/getting sales experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear28 September 2017
The job for fab for someone who needs to be part time for university or college but when working there full time was a chore that got very repetitive.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Repetitive
relaxed atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire28 September 2017
It was very relaxed but sometimes very boring to work there. There wasn't enough to do and management would usually take most of the tasks. The pay also isn't that great which doesn't make it worth it.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London23 September 2017
I have enjoyed working in Superdrug. its a really fun and peaceful environment to work in. I get along with all the customers and provide them with what they need. Also I am able to give customers advice in certain products they buy, and make sure they have high expectations. I use to get praised by working really hard and helping customers out. Superdrug was a really fantastic job. I would advise anyone who is interested in retail to work in Superdrug as they will love the customers and the staff.
Pros
long lunch break if you work long hours
Cons
stopping customers from opening products all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.