Superdrug Pay & Benefits reviews

Busy and Fun Environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 October 2018
Was always something to do and was enjoyable if you liked the type of products that the store stocks. Was offered to do team leader training which meant more money. I was only contracted a small amount of hours but was always given so many more than that which was a bonus.
Pros
10-30% staff discount
Cons
Repetitive tasks
Stay well clear of them
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South West12 October 2018
Not the best company to work for, managers working 50 odd hours per week and only getting paid their contract of 39. Only looked after from Area Manager up - would not recommend this company to anyone
fun place to work
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside5 October 2018
Fun place to work, new retail experience staff and customers always friendly, great benefits for the staff, latest you work till is 8/9 unless you are working a night shift
Pros
staff discount
Cons
given disceplinarys if you dont up sell
Stressful
Sales Associate & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2018
Working as a team leader, I was given management responsibility which put extra stress on my personal life and as a student. Pay isn't worth the amount of work that is done.
workplace
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2018
it good place to work for. the people our thier are really good to student who work thier however they mkae you work alot i didnt had promble with that but seen i was fasting i could not do it.
Okay place to work - would push to accept something else
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 September 2018
worked for a year - was first job.
four hour shift would feel like a 12 hour shift.
management was okay but would push for unachievable targets given how quiet the store was.
not enough responsibility giben to sales advisors so would find yourself with absolutely nothing to do.
am under 18 so pay was only 6.20 - not the worst but when your only working 10 hours or so a week and every shift feels so long it just feels like a waste of time for such a low pay.
would be doing the exact same as other advisors if not more and get paid so much less
Pros
Discount
Cons
so extremely boring
fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland13 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Superdrug massively. unfortunately i was only there a short period of time as I was a Christmas temp, I would of loved the opportunity to be able to stay there and be still currently working there.
Pros
staff discount
Okay company...
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bideford11 August 2018
Not the best job, quite repetitive and not much career progressions plus the amount of information you have to say is ridiculous and constantly being observed is a bit much.
Pros
Staff discount
Easy and fun workplace!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex31 July 2018
Working at Superdrug is a fairly chilled out and enjoyable, the jobs are not taxing and the staff and management are understanding and welcoming, making working here easy even on stressful days.

I received comprehensive customer service training which is applicable to and valuable in all job areas. The pay is decent and the discount is good too, however, you are required to sell and promote "star buys", "beauty cards" and "Superdrug mobile" sim cards to every customer which can be tedious.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Sales targets
productive placement
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend29 July 2018
i would recommend this job if you are looking for something while you are in full time education as this company actually cares and prioritises in your education first
Pros
staff discount
Cons
standing up for long hours without barely sitting down
Not a long term job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester21 July 2018
It’s an ok place to work if you don’t need something long term. Wouldn’t say the management is great. They’re chilled but you do all the work and they get all the praise. The hours aren’t all that either. I’d say it’s ok for a first job just to get you into working life. Feel like it’s the same day constantly because it’s so repetitive.
Pros
30% of one brand or exclusive products
Cons
Short breakst, constant weekend shifts, repetitive days.
Productive and Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy, Fife16 July 2018
- Good Atmosphere and fun environment
- Appropriate weekly targets
- Good management
- Very flexible
- Great staff discount and lots of fun competitions on the hub
Enjoyable sales environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham20 June 2018
I very much enjoyed working for Superdrug; I appreciated the benefits such as employee discount, and excelled in recommending products to customers such as makeup and perfume. However, I found that due to the management in the particular shop I was in, I was extremely limited and was not taught as much as I should have been. I helped out at other stores and the management was surprised that I could not complete simple tasks simply because my manager had never shown me how to do them. Additionally, I believed that the pay rate was extremely low, even for someone under the age of 18.
Pros
Interest in products sold
Cons
Low pay and poor management
Ok
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Letchworth18 June 2018
Poor salary, met nice people there. Bad management, horrible boss and poor lunch breaks. Good place to get customer service experience. Not long hall job
Ok place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire10 June 2018
Although this has been a great job to have unfortunately my shifts are not always guaranteed and my shifts can be cancelled at short notice. Unfortunately this does not work for me as I need guaranteed work every week.
alright
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Braehead, Glasgow4 June 2018
worked here for work experience when I was younger and it wasn't too bad the staff were friendly but I could not give an accurate rating as I never was paid for working here.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no pay
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe21 May 2018
Superdrug is a fast paced retail industry. great opportunities for advancement within the company. they invest a lot of time into their employees and want to hire from within.
Pros
advancement
Cons
time consuming and salary
Hours are good for students.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton19 May 2018
Superdrug is good for a first job, the hours are good for students, I worked Saturday and Sunday but only for 4 hours on Sunday so I could still enjoy my weekends. Unfortunately the management I had was awful, there was a lot of inequality and judgement but I understand that not every store is like this and they pay was £4 something an hour..
Pros
Good first time job
Cons
Pay
Good First Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wallington13 May 2018
Days at work can become repetitive, good if you enjoy routine.
Helpful at basic retail training. Minimum wages are paid, and discount in OK. Work is enjoyable depending on area you work in and management team also.
Pros
discount, competitions to win prizes, good team environment
Cons
Low wages
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire8 May 2018
no communications or help, they don't rally care what you do unless you go for long breaks then they do.
they are not friendly
they don't have good security
Pros
long break
Cons
people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.