Superdrug Management reviews

Not the best place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire15 October 2018
I worked in a smaller store it was the most boring job and the manager pressures you into trying to sell the star buys. All they care about is selling, they do not care about their staff
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rubbish pay, rude managers, boring
Busy place
Multi-skilled operative worker (Former Employee) –  Luton14 October 2018
Your shift starts at 6am to 14pm.
Its very busy place with almost two hundred workers.
After the goods have been dispatched it is necessary to save it to the correct opinion, then to sort, place and send it to the shop.
Its multicultural work place with lot of foreigners.
Maine language is english.
Management is very swiftly,educated,helpful and kind.
I improve my language skills and learn drive vehicles like LLOP and FLT.
Hardest part of job is lifting heavy boxes with washing powders.
Most enjoyable part of job is driving vehicles.
Pros
overtimes possibility
Cons
cold warehouse
warning stay away
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wales12 October 2018
setting up to fail as a store manager given very low hours for store to survive to get all tasks done to company policy no help of area managers only down your neck when you have done wrong no support of any one higher up they just don't want to know only looking out for themselves
Pros
discount bonus
Cons
managers overworked
Friendly people to work with, busy on tills.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Crewe6 October 2018
Superdrug is a friendly place where I had it as a part time job. I enjoyed working there and selling the products to customers and helping them choose the right products when they asked for help. I liked helping people out and making sure they wanted what they needed. I was on my feet all day on tills serving but sometimes I was stocking shelves and helping customers at all times. I have learned that retail can be hard at times and dealing with some hard customers can be hard work but I got management as soon as possible when it was a hard situation or asked for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working with some of my friends and friendly helpful colleagues and being in ages work environment with products that I love and had a high interest in them.
Pros
Staff discounts - 30% on own Superdrug products, 10% on the rest
Cons
Constant pressure to ask each customer 5 question.
Poor place to work
Fragrance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol2 October 2018
Weak management both in store & from Head Office.
Expected to work all day every day for next to nothing.
Entry level pay is incredibly poor, it does improve as you move up but very difficult to do so.
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Pay, Weak Management
Great work place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 October 2018
Great place to work. Good team work and great management. Flexible in catering for staff needs. Options to go further up the career ladder completing modules.
Pros
Discount
Stressful
Sales Associate & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2018
Working as a team leader, I was given management responsibility which put extra stress on my personal life and as a student. Pay isn't worth the amount of work that is done.
Okay place to work - would push to accept something else
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 September 2018
worked for a year - was first job.
four hour shift would feel like a 12 hour shift.
management was okay but would push for unachievable targets given how quiet the store was.
not enough responsibility giben to sales advisors so would find yourself with absolutely nothing to do.
am under 18 so pay was only 6.20 - not the worst but when your only working 10 hours or so a week and every shift feels so long it just feels like a waste of time for such a low pay.
would be doing the exact same as other advisors if not more and get paid so much less
Pros
Discount
Cons
so extremely boring
Terrible, Never again
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London14 September 2018
Terrible company, started working there at 17, got paid only £4 per hour. New staff was hired, everyones hours got cut down to 4-8 hours, complete joke. You cant have a social life, they expect you to work everyday, even if you're part time. They don't care about your contract hours, they try to manipulate you into having to work more. The discount wasn't bad, 20% off own brand however, their own brand stuff arent even good. I enjoyed working with the staff (apart from some management). We had a lot of shoplifters stealing fragrances and we were expected to stop them (they should have their own security in stores)
Pros
The discount, the headsets
Cons
Terrible hours, a lot of management problems, bag searches everyday
Depends massively on what store you are in
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bramhall, Greater Manchester6 September 2018
Some managers will break their backs all day and take pride in their store, others will sit in the office all day and watch you all struggle with ridiculous work loads. Reall does depend on what store you’re in, smaller stores generall equal nicer managers in my experience.
Good for progression and promotions, pay is ok.
Pros
Pay is ok for retail
Cons
Lazy managers, unsupportive area managers
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross30 August 2018
One of the worst jobs I have ever had, management so rude and very unhelpful in all shapes and forms.very nasty and sarcastic towards you . Far to much to offer at till point - star buys sim cards points card a nusence customers don't want and get annoyed with u asking and can be rude towards you because of this. People just want served and that's it not a million questions customers will be lost this way. Very boring job and everyday is the same. Did not like it as management were so rude to much to push at tills, not enough hours never enough tasks to keep u busy enough therefor extremely boring. No I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Staff discount was good
Cons
Never got all the breaks you were entitled to
The hours were good
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  St. Neots, Cambridgeshire24 August 2018
The tasks were fun to do, but the management in my store wasn't great. I was quite often left to just stand behind the till and do nothing for hours. The pay was okay but not great.
busy on tills. Friendly people to work with.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford24 August 2018
Superdrug is a friendly place where I worked in Guildford I had it as a weekend job but sometimes I worked extra days because
I was in college doing beauty therapy. so as I was doing my
Course in beauty it also related to the fact I was working in a career based on beauty and health to
Do with the skin. . i had a inspiration in health and beauty so I enjoyed working there and selling the products to customers and helping them choose the right products when they asked for help. I liked helping people out and making sure they wanted what they needed. I was on my feet all day on tills serving but sometimes I was stocking shelves and helping customers at all times. I have learned that retail can be hard at times and dealing with some hard customers can be hard work but I got management as soon as possible when it was a hard situation or asked for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working with some of my friends and being in ages work environment with products that I love and had a high interest in them.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
6-7 hour only 15 min break
It's a good place to work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 August 2018
Staff were friendly and it was comfortable for a first hand experience in retail. If you're interested in beauty then it's a great place to work. Management we're okay , strict but fair.
Fun workplace.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 August 2018
very fun and productive workplace, always ensures that each member of staff is having no struggles and the staff all work together very well. the management is also very reliable.
Not a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
Horrible staff who make you work extremely hard and made to work longer than you are paid for. Very rude people who were very rude to me and made me cry on number of occasions. Constantly being watched and not allowed to talk to other members of staff. IF you make a mistake you get in a lot of trouble. Management are horrible people
Pros
No pros
Cons
The whole job role
Sales staff helped run this store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye8 August 2018
When I worked here, the management was all over the place. Our manager walked out and left the supervisors in charge for the whole summer. The sales staff had to pick up 20+ hours a week due to this, most of the staff at the time being under 18. We (as sales staff) pretty much ran this store over the summer, and when the summer ended the manager seemed to think it okay to just "waltz" back in as if nothing had happened. It was hard, but the people who I worked with were lovely and friendly and we did enjoy ourselves working there. Customers were lovely and took our advice and tips on board.
Pros
Friendly staff, friendly customers, flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
Progression
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South East7 August 2018
They offer a great progression courses for management to Beauty course working in Head office.
Customer service focus.
Loyalty Team.
Fantastic Apprenticeship program
friendly workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote, Derbyshire31 July 2018
I learned how to stock the shelves with supplies and organise the displays. The management was friendly and approachable, the hardest part of the job was knowing which shelves to put the supplies on, and the most enjoyable part of the job was labelling up the merchandise.
Pros
learning new skills
Easy and fun workplace!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex31 July 2018
Working at Superdrug is a fairly chilled out and enjoyable, the jobs are not taxing and the staff and management are understanding and welcoming, making working here easy even on stressful days.

I received comprehensive customer service training which is applicable to and valuable in all job areas. The pay is decent and the discount is good too, however, you are required to sell and promote "star buys", "beauty cards" and "Superdrug mobile" sim cards to every customer which can be tedious.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Sales targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.