Superdrug Management reviews

Found 333 reviews matching the search See all 1,153 reviews
Management don't care
Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands23 November 2018
I worked as a nail tech at Superdrug for 3 months, worst decision I ever made! I did about 5 sets of nails the whole time I was there as they constantly had me on cosmetics with a radio watching for shoplifters. They did not support/advertise the nail bar in the slightest I only applied for the job because it was something I had trained to do but now I wish I had stayed at Primark! They also wanted to send me om training in Croydon when I live in Cannock and would not allow mw to take anybody with me this was ultimately the reason my employment ended as I refused to go...but I was planning on handing in my notice anyway. The only good point is the pay and staff discount.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Management, Job Not As Advertised
Fun and happy place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire19 November 2018
Amazing management and colleagues, makes coming to work enjoyable. 30% staff own branded discount. Many opportunities for progression. I enjoy mostly working on tills.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil17 November 2018
Work culture is fun and productive.
Management are fair and like to progress in employees future. Pay could be improved. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the products and helping customers find what they want and need. Company discount and perks are good.
Pros
l1`o
Good Money, very poor un-organised and un-cooperative management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon16 November 2018
I have worked for the company well over a year now and over the time there has been 3 different store mangers! When i first started i loved the job, flexible hours and my manager was fabulous. But now i really don't enjoy it, the management is poor and rude with no consideration for you at all, as a full time student i worked here part time so at times it was very hard to balance work and college, superdrug were not helpful with this at all.
The discount is good But i don't want to stay working in an environment where i do not feel welcome.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, short lunch breaks
warehouse op
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire14 November 2018
I stayed in Superdrug Dunstable for about 5 years and enjoyed. Management probably the best you ever could get and collegues are nice people too. Job is hard, but manageable ;)
Pros
team, area, canteen, car park
Cons
heavy lifting
Horrible
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 November 2018
You are told a few things then left for the first days,they hardly help you at first it's all confusing and if you ask for,help you it's a big bother, most would get shouted at and sometimes they swear at you so unprofessional.
A week in super drug
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Lincoln6 November 2018
The tasks at hand were ordinary to most retail environments.
Must enjoy providing customer service
willingness to tidy and be well organized
looking presentable and self-care is key to promote sales in the beauty industry
friendly staff
well looked after by management
Pros
friendly staff, relaxed retail environment
Cons
small sized shop
Fun and ever growing but takes over your life slightly
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lymington31 October 2018
As management this job completely takes over you life and you out a lot of hours in and don’t get anything out. Very little praise and nothing to show for all the extra hours done over your contract. Lovely staff to work with 99% of the time though. Not the worst job but they don’t really care about their staff too much
Pros
Staff discount and lovely coworkers
Cons
Long hours no rewards
productive work place
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Ham, Greater London27 October 2018
I will be putting putting out stock from the delivery, serving customers on tills and the shop floor, the management at the place are very friendly, the hardest part of the job is finding out where all the products are the most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
Ok for shop work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk25 October 2018
Minimum wage, management were OK.
No flexibility on hours, you are given different every week, no good for paid childcare.
Lots of youngsters employed
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
No soap supplied in toilets!
Superdrug Stores
Sales Assistant-Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2018
This was my first job and I rose from sales assistant to store management in less than three years. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend them as a company to work for.
Not Lenient with health
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 October 2018
I had serious health issues which require me to sit down, however i was very rarely allowed to sit or have breaks as management were not understanding.
Pros
wage
Cons
long periods of time standing
Not the best place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire15 October 2018
I worked in a smaller store it was the most boring job and the manager pressures you into trying to sell the star buys. All they care about is selling, they do not care about their staff
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rubbish pay, rude managers, boring
Busy place
Multi-skilled operative worker (Former Employee) –  Luton14 October 2018
Your shift starts at 6am to 14pm.
Its very busy place with almost two hundred workers.
After the goods have been dispatched it is necessary to save it to the correct opinion, then to sort, place and send it to the shop.
Its multicultural work place with lot of foreigners.
Maine language is english.
Management is very swiftly,educated,helpful and kind.
I improve my language skills and learn drive vehicles like LLOP and FLT.
Hardest part of job is lifting heavy boxes with washing powders.
Most enjoyable part of job is driving vehicles.
Pros
overtimes possibility
Cons
cold warehouse
warning stay away
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wales12 October 2018
setting up to fail as a store manager given very low hours for store to survive to get all tasks done to company policy no help of area managers only down your neck when you have done wrong no support of any one higher up they just don't want to know only looking out for themselves
Pros
discount bonus
Cons
managers overworked
Friendly people to work with, busy on tills.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Crewe6 October 2018
Superdrug is a friendly place where I had it as a part time job. I enjoyed working there and selling the products to customers and helping them choose the right products when they asked for help. I liked helping people out and making sure they wanted what they needed. I was on my feet all day on tills serving but sometimes I was stocking shelves and helping customers at all times. I have learned that retail can be hard at times and dealing with some hard customers can be hard work but I got management as soon as possible when it was a hard situation or asked for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working with some of my friends and friendly helpful colleagues and being in ages work environment with products that I love and had a high interest in them.
Pros
Staff discounts - 30% on own Superdrug products, 10% on the rest
Cons
Constant pressure to ask each customer 5 question.
Poor place to work
Fragrance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol2 October 2018
Weak management both in store & from Head Office.
Expected to work all day every day for next to nothing.
Entry level pay is incredibly poor, it does improve as you move up but very difficult to do so.
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Pay, Weak Management
Great work place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 October 2018
Great place to work. Good team work and great management. Flexible in catering for staff needs. Options to go further up the career ladder completing modules.
Pros
Discount
Pro-active
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mitcham24 September 2018
Superdrug can be a nice place to work but it does depend on the location as well as the management, I was fortunate to have a great manager who helped me in my training but as the hours started to get cut down with staff, then the workload increased greatly
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Too much stress
Stressful
Sales Associate & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2018
Working as a team leader, I was given management responsibility which put extra stress on my personal life and as a student. Pay isn't worth the amount of work that is done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.