Superdrug Employee Reviews for Team Leader

work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  teeside park12 January 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my work at superdrug, enjoyed meeting different individuals in store, clear forward approach from the management team, work was proactive focusing on drive sales and giving customer full reliability in delivery the right products in their search within the store.
Pros
meeting needs of customer
Cons
not enough time to understand more.
ok place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bradford14 December 2017
depends on where your store is and how much money it takes on how much you will enjoy your job. if you are in a low income area the benefits of work will not be as much to you as they are to others
Pros
discount is pretty good
Cons
long hours, no recognition of hard work
It has a great atmosphere
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire24 November 2017
I was new to Superdrug and the retail industry starting out as a sales advisor but my goal was to become team leader and I felt in that environment that I could achieve that goal.
Pros
Flexable hours
Typical retail work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire1 November 2017
Typically long hard hours working in retail, but good opportunities to go on course and progress towards team leader and management. Goof friendly atmosphere
Excellent workplace to start career
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dunstable24 October 2017
Worked for Superdrug for 10 years and have progressed from a warehouse operative to a Team leader. Enjoyable atmosphere and good workplace culture , management are understanding and willing to listen.
Pros
Excellent holiday entitlement
Lovely people
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 October 2017
Great job managers nice too , met my best mate here so lots of good memories , job was local and enjoyed it just needed better hours and needed to step down from team leader role to suit family life better
Good
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Poole24 September 2017
worked on tills
stock take
shop deliveries
paperwork
date coding
good and friendly staff
flexible contract
I used to get called in all the time to cover sick staff
Discusting - Dead rats and mold
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade21 September 2017
Overworked - 6 day weeks (sometimes 7)
The work place is discsting dead rats outside i slipped on a guy came in and told us all the black mold on the walls was very dangerous to breate in - all round discusting.

The management is awful you cannot go to the toilet without being moanded at

Could write so much more but would be here all day.

- Much better friedly clean places to work.
Pros
Makeup
Cons
Managment, sanitation, long hours, dead rats, overworked
management is a mess
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rickmansworth15 September 2017
you will be expected to work in temperatures that the council deemed unsafe with no heating or air con
the pay is okay but you will do alot of work for free
Pros
paid breaks, friendly team members, discount
Cons
no heating/air con, aggressive management
Irregular hours and underpaid
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire24 August 2017
I've enjoyed my time working with Superdrug and believe it is a good progressive business to work for. My manager has been great in helping my achieve more and more throughout my career including a promotion to Team Leader.
However, Superdrug do not offer larger hour contracts - I work an average of 25 hours a week but am on a 4 hour contract,
Secondly, whenever you have to stay late to finish a task - particularly after promotion change, even by no fault of your own the team are always behind schedule and you are made to feel guilty if you do not stay behind to help. I always stayed behind an extra hour however my manager refuses to pay me for this which I think is appalling.
Also, as Team Leader I have to cash up 3-4 tills each night after the store closes. I am on the rota until 6pm (when store closes) but always have to stay until at least 6:30, of which i do not get paid for.
Pros
Staff discount
Productive and Rewarding
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands14 August 2017
As most retail jobs, the same routine gets repetitive after a while, however, Superdrug makes you feels like you are gaining a lot from there teachings and also part of the family, which they pride themselves on.

I learned a lot from my time at Superdrug and I can use what I learnt, not just in the workplace but in my everyday life too. The company promotes advancement and if it was not for me being at University, I would of progressed further with the programs they had to offer.

The management is very similar to other companies within the retail sector and you may get rude bosses or too laid back bosses. I worked in a lot of stores throughout my time there and found out that management varies due to the area you are in. City centre, there is a lot of pressure with no time for full training, you learn on the job. Whereas smaller stores you get better training and the ability to succeed further with the steps up. I always advise that if you have experience of a fast paced environment, jump in the deep end, if not, start from the bottom and work your way up.

The hardest part of the job was the pressure you get from Head Office to achieve, not just with sales but with store standards. Regarding store standards, shop moves will take place during school half terms and they will be big moves but in the quiet periods, not much. The company did get more understanding with this but issues still run through the company on this issue.

I enjoyed this job a lot. I was a team leader and was given my own personal tasks to complete and was, on occasions, the highest management
  more... in the store, which I loved. The staff are very friendly and that helps you fit in more. The best part of my job was my invitation to take part in a customer/sales assistant focus group with the CEO.  less
Pros
Discounts, job security and career advancement
Cons
Head office instructions at stupid periods
Occasionally fun place to work, depends on the store location.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire10 July 2017
The job is good for part time work, I wouldn't work anymore than 20hrs a week. Different stores work differently and also treat their staff different.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No team work
achivements
team leader (Former Employee) –  stratford upon avon10 July 2017
so I first started in the company as a sales assistant and over the 4 years I worked hard to become a person that would go to over stores to help them out and work my way to become a team leader.

it is a great company to work for but I was working in a store and also going to uni and they didn't understand that I had to go and not work days which meant that I was missing work or missing uni.
Pros
staff are always lovely, able to progress, good discounts.
Sales driven
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Antrim, County Antrim20 June 2017
Superdrug is a very sales driven company - this isn't a bad thing. Within a year of working here i got a promotion and future training which has benefited me greatly.
Great Job
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central18 May 2017
Superdrug has been one of the most enjoyable roles I have ever had in my employment history. They offer a fun workplace and fortunately I have been blessed with the most excellent team who work together and get on fantastically. The work is challenging at times, but not too challenging, therefore you feel fulfilled in your role but not overworked or like the job is too hard. Superdrug pay well, have good expectations and promote a fun workplace culture. The stores are quite well managed and the only downside is that you rarely get your rota until the week before it starts, so planning time is not the easiest.
Pros
great workplace culture, fun job, excellent advancement opportunties
Cons
rotas
Good place to work overall
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK23 April 2017
Despite the company not caring at all about their staff, rubbish wages, rubbish benefits it's a good job to build your career. I went from a sales assistant to a team leader in less than 3 months. Only issue is they advertise as an equal opportunities company and my store was definitely not suitable for any disabled person.
Pros
Good way to build career
Cons
rubbish wages and benefits
lovely place to work
team leader (Former Employee) –  edinburgh19 April 2017
Loved working here friendly staff, very good manager, everyone works well as a team.

Job consists of tills, filling shelfs customer service. Very nice place to work
busy , hectic but rewarding .
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  telford14 April 2017
managed to progress in this company quite quickly - had a brilliant management team to help staff excel.

because of its city centre location it was a very busy store but worth in the long run .
My first job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire20 March 2017
Terrible pay, ego driven management, very poor benefits, poor/anti social hours.

I was able to learn some valuable customer service skills however and I know I wont work in retail again.
Superdrug Plc
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset10 March 2017
Great company to work for! Lots of support from area managers and genuinly hard working people, loads of benefits as well not just a discount card. Meeting different people on a daily basis and sometimes being the only one to make them smile.
Working through busy times gives you a massive buzz its a great way of helping with sales too which is also fun to do as a group of 2 or individual with always prizes up for grabs provided by the company.
Pros
Achievment in moving up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.

Superdrug Reviews by Location