Superdrug Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Busy place but enjoyable
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex2 August 2018
Made my way up from sales assistant to team leader. Full knowledge of delivery and office work (cashing up, banking and rota's etc) and was able to cover the shop on managers day off.
Pros
Discount card and days out
Cons
Due to being in a shopping centre you were working till 11pm some days.
The hardest part of the job.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sunderland28 July 2018
Because we worked a night shift, I had to check the delivery off with the staff i worked with, then put merchandise out on shelves and there was a lot an awful lot of stock to put away so we had to put cages in the lift, and there could be about 8 cages to put in the lift, and there were heavy boxes. we had to make sure all the products were put away neatly and tidy. The hardest part of the job was the cages because they were hard to pull along, some of them were damaged and it made hard work for us.
Pros
we got good discount.
Cons
we needed new cages and get rid of the ones with wonky wheels.
It's something
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bognor Regis13 July 2018
It's a good first job to get you going in the real world. But it's not very exiting or rewarding. Retail is never great, this is just plain average. It'll do.
it was a fantastic place to work
Training Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmslow, Cheshire10 June 2018
a day at work in superdrug was different each time as i was always learning a wide range of skills and product knowledge, management was brilliant and so friendly, the hardest part of my job was being in a store that sold a lot of female products which i had to learn about in order to be able to engage people
Pros
excellent staff and lovely customers
Cons
thieves
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe21 May 2018
Superdrug is a fast paced retail industry. great opportunities for advancement within the company. they invest a lot of time into their employees and want to hire from within.
Pros
advancement
Cons
time consuming and salary
Great
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saffron Walden24 April 2018
Superdrug is the best retail job i ever had, everything was good about it, if i didn't have to leave, i wouldn't have. If i lived closer i would still be there. The people are great, good hours, good job! Not the easiest retail job but that is what made every day exciting.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Long distance.
Shocking
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland27 March 2018
I was employed by superdrug as a team leader. 4 months of being in the company I didn’t get my full training or wasn’t signed off as a team leader. I was basically a sales asistant the whole time I was there which completely knocked my confidence as I had been doing amazing in my last job before I started here thinking that I’ll have more opportunities in superdrug. Well wasn’t I very wrong!!! In my interview I was promised lots of hours, The manager knew I was leaving a 30 hour contract to come and work here and then all of a sudden everyone’s hours are all dropped to 20 hours a week after only being in the company a few weeks. How can anyone live of that! Discusting and embarrassing! This job should only be advertised for students! Also the manager wasn’t approachable at all, the way the staff were being spoke to was shocking! Rotas were only getting done a day before the new week began, I could go on forever but this says enough!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salary
Productive plce to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire20 February 2018
I have learned a lot while working for Superdrug. However the hours are getting longer and no work/life balance and impossible sales targets. Absolutely no public holiday off apart from Christmas day so stores are open 364 days of the year. I used to enjoy working for Superdrug however I feel they do not appreciate there employees.
Pros
Staff discount, Salary
Cons
Long hours, High sales targets, No work/life balance
Productive and fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Prestwich, Greater Manchester1 February 2018
Very calm and enjoyable place to work, enjoyed working with a team and getting to learn about all the different products that we sell, dealing with customers and making sure they all left the store happy and with what they came for
work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  teeside park12 January 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my work at superdrug, enjoyed meeting different individuals in store, clear forward approach from the management team, work was proactive focusing on drive sales and giving customer full reliability in delivery the right products in their search within the store.
Pros
meeting needs of customer
Cons
not enough time to understand more.
Enjoyable job but bad company.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oswestry28 December 2017
Brilliant benefits with the job but the company as a whole done care about their staff at all. after working in 3 different superdrugs I would defiantly never go back to the company.
Pros
discount
ok place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bradford14 December 2017
depends on where your store is and how much money it takes on how much you will enjoy your job. if you are in a low income area the benefits of work will not be as much to you as they are to others
Pros
discount is pretty good
Cons
long hours, no recognition of hard work
It has a great atmosphere
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire24 November 2017
I was new to Superdrug and the retail industry starting out as a sales advisor but my goal was to become team leader and I felt in that environment that I could achieve that goal.
Pros
Flexable hours
Typical retail work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire1 November 2017
Typically long hard hours working in retail, but good opportunities to go on course and progress towards team leader and management. Goof friendly atmosphere
Excellent workplace to start career
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dunstable24 October 2017
Worked for Superdrug for 10 years and have progressed from a warehouse operative to a Team leader. Enjoyable atmosphere and good workplace culture , management are understanding and willing to listen.
Pros
Excellent holiday entitlement
Lovely people
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 October 2017
Great job managers nice too , met my best mate here so lots of good memories , job was local and enjoyed it just needed better hours and needed to step down from team leader role to suit family life better
Good
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Poole24 September 2017
worked on tills
stock take
shop deliveries
paperwork
date coding
good and friendly staff
flexible contract
I used to get called in all the time to cover sick staff
Discusting - Dead rats and mold
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade21 September 2017
Overworked - 6 day weeks (sometimes 7)
The work place is discsting dead rats outside i slipped on a guy came in and told us all the black mold on the walls was very dangerous to breate in - all round discusting.

The management is awful you cannot go to the toilet without being moanded at

Could write so much more but would be here all day.

- Much better friedly clean places to work.
Pros
Makeup
Cons
Managment, sanitation, long hours, dead rats, overworked
management is a mess
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rickmansworth15 September 2017
you will be expected to work in temperatures that the council deemed unsafe with no heating or air con
the pay is okay but you will do alot of work for free
Pros
paid breaks, friendly team members, discount
Cons
no heating/air con, aggressive management
Irregular hours and underpaid
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire24 August 2017
I've enjoyed my time working with Superdrug and believe it is a good progressive business to work for. My manager has been great in helping my achieve more and more throughout my career including a promotion to Team Leader.
However, Superdrug do not offer larger hour contracts - I work an average of 25 hours a week but am on a 4 hour contract,
Secondly, whenever you have to stay late to finish a task - particularly after promotion change, even by no fault of your own the team are always behind schedule and you are made to feel guilty if you do not stay behind to help. I always stayed behind an extra hour however my manager refuses to pay me for this which I think is appalling.
Also, as Team Leader I have to cash up 3-4 tills each night after the store closes. I am on the rota until 6pm (when store closes) but always have to stay until at least 6:30, of which i do not get paid for.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.

Superdrug Reviews by Location