Superdrug Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Great place to work for & lovely staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire17 January 2018
Worked there for Christmas temps 2 years in a row now, even though I was there a month each time, I loved every minute of working there, lovely staff so easy going, easy to get on with, and overall Superdrug is a great place to work for.
Okay.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff16 January 2018
Was on a zero hour contract with hardly any hours, management had their favorites and only gave hours to certain people. They were very strict with their promotional sales and loyalty cards and would often call you up if you hadn't met their targets. Colleagues were great but I wouldn't recommended this as a full-time job unless they offer you contract.
Pros
Discount was great.
Cons
0 hour contract, Not enough hours, strict management.
Friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
You get to meet lovely staff, a very friendly environment and are understanding in terms of flexibility with students. Hard working staff that don’t get paid as much as they should
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Low pay
The company doesn't care about employees at all
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire9 January 2018
I love the people I work with which is the only reason I have stayed in Superdrug. The company as a whole likes to pay minimum wage, cut everyones hours and yet expects amazing customer service and brilliant sales. There is not enough staff to run a store and they are reducing the hours every year. They are greedy and horrible and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Cons
minimum wage, greedy company and cuts hours
Lovely workplace
Sales assistant - Chritsmas temp (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 January 2018
As a christmas temp the staff were very welcoming and made me feel like part of the team.
Staff are hardworking and do their best to help customers as much as possible.
Amazing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chepstow, Monmouthshire6 January 2018
Favourite job Ive had, my co-workers were amazing people and im still friends with all of them and the work was fun. At times it got quite busy but it was never overwhelming and getting to know all of the customers personally was fantastic
Pros
Great co-workers, suitable hours for students
Cons
Sundays are slow with few customers
Bad work environment, low pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester2 January 2018
The management are unnecessarily rude, often picking favourites, they are also un-cooperative and you have to continually chase things up, the pay is low compared to similar nearby companies. There is also a lack of communication regarding shifts and tasks that need completing
Pros
staff discount
It was okay place to work at
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London6 December 2017
I wouldn't really work their again, everyone was nice and very easy to work with and that overall was really great, but if their was only more help then that would have been great, and would have made my life and the customers life a lot more easier, because it's really sad when i find it hard to communicate, and that's something that is important in a work environment.
Pros
Lunches was great a good lunch break
Cons
It's a 9.00 to 5.00 job it was way too long
Working at Superdrug was a learning experience for me.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking, Greater London2 December 2017
I worked at Superdrug for a week as a part of my work experience in 2016. Working at Superdrug was an experience that I am grateful for. I was able to practice my communal skills as well as practicing my professional skills, whiles being easy to approach, for customers.
Unprofessional managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for superdrug and i made a lot of friends there but management was poor and biased. They were unprofessional and rude and only favoured certain staff.
Cons
short hours, low shifts
friendly workers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire29 November 2017
Work experience over all was quite tiring and repetitive as i would be doing the same thing everyday. but it built my confidence and made me see work in a better light.
Pros
long lunch
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Finchley28 November 2017
On a typical day of work I would need to show high levels of customer service skills, responsible for making sure the shop looked presentable, and I was trusted to deal with all stock.
Active
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I was their for work experience and it required me to be present at 8 o clock and put up displays and make sure that stock where full. overall great experience and lovely staff
Pros
Friendly employees
Lovely but tedious
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York21 November 2017
I loved working here due to the nice customers and fairly easy money. However nasty customers can get you down, hours can be terrible and pay is awful. Sometimes I did a 4 hour shift, and was paid around 16 pound, and a return bus ticket cost £4. Generally though the atmosphere of the staff and shop was good. Also, i understand security etc but sometimes we got 15 minute breaks and had to buy food in store and the queues would 10 ten minutes and we werent told we could have an extra ten, so I'd rush and basically have 2 minutes sit down over 6 hours.
Pros
Discount and pleasant collegues
Cons
Short hours. Low pay and short breaks
Bad management and intense environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
As a sales assistant, my job consisted of standing for 6 hours in the aisles and asking if anyone needs help, and people asking me for help. The store I was personally situated in was freezing cold with broken heating, making it an uncomfortable environment for me to work in. My shifts ended at 11pm, but frequently staff higher up than me would have me stay later to tidy up more. It was not a tight knit environment between employees and often was very stressful. Lunch break was also only 15 minutes and the office was minuscule, with one seat between 6+ staff members.
Decent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2017
Very hard work for very little pay.
Not many opportunities to exceed in this company.
So much pressure where targets are concerned.
Not a good place to work in, in terms of salary.
Pros
You can wear your own uniform as long as it's black
Cons
less wage
Mixed experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex15 November 2017
Hardest part of job: was given "training" online and thrown into the deep end. One lesson learned was never let someone make you feel worthless because they think they are untouchable as a manager. Enjoyable part of job: was getting to meet new people and having some very nice customers. Would have been a very enjoyable job under different circumstances.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Inadequate training
Work environment was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
Typical work day involved price and product replenishing, monitoring shop floor and operating till. The Job was ok, learnt how to work efficiently independently as well as within a team.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Heavy work load
Everyday was different
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury6 November 2017
I loved working at Superdrug- meeting new people everyday. Each day was different and I enjoyed helping people. only disadvantage was the pay was very low.
Pros
Targets
Cons
Poor Pay
Sales assistant
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham26 October 2017
Position included covering checkouts for both purchases and refunds.dealing with customers for both payments and general enquiries. Check ing and restocking shelves.handing stock deliveries.worked well on own and part of team
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Needed more hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.

Superdrug Reviews by Location