Superdrug Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Horrible
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire16 April 2018
Was a horrible place to work. My manager was so horrible i wasn't the only one that left.

Days are very long and hard work. I would say the hardest part of the job was that the company was very demanding.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Awful!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yate5 April 2018
Worked for the company for 2 months, underpaid every time, shocking and lazy team leaders, and pay is embarrassing. once you go for your 15 min break its over pretty much, no wonder nobody stays with the company smh.
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire30 March 2018
This was my first job and a great way to start work. Everyone there was really lovely and you really felt like you were a part of the family at all times. I would highly recommend a job working at here as it gave me great skills and experiences to carry on into the rest of my working life.
boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking26 March 2018
Not an enjoyable place to work, my co workers were lovely but the job is horrible. I was stuck on the till for my whole shifts 9-6 without being allowed to move anywhere else. They were surprisingly very strict given the awful salary and there are next to no discounts.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor salary, boring work, long
Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford21 March 2018
I become confident at speaking to customers and staff at Superdrug were really helpful and kind. I really enjoyed working there and work in a friendly environment.
horrible place.
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Essex7 March 2018
Horrible place to work. Managers horrible. Money is horrible. 4 hour a week contract. is not what you call a job. They need to rethink everything within the employment.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything
Horrible Company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee City5 March 2018
Superdrug care about nothing but money. They don't care about their employee's at all. The management are rude, disrespectful and insensitive to peoples situations.
Pros
nothing
Cons
never ending list
workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester2 March 2018
was really good experience on a work experience would of loved to have worked within the store. the staff was every help full and a wonderful team. the store was very clean and a well working environment
Only care about sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 February 2018
Staff are lovely other than that, Probably the worst company ive worked for! Company only cares about how much money they take and expect you to work all hours possible on 8 hour contracts. show no credit to sales assistants who actually do all the sales and beauty card registering while management & team leaders get all the bonuses.
Pros
Discount
Cons
3 & 4 hour shifts 6 days a week!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire26 February 2018
I only worked in a smaller store so we didn’t have many duties compared to large one but we were still held at the same standard. Well located on small
Village it wasn’t always busy so most shifts were spent on the shop floor just checking shelves and what products needed replenishing and moving products back to their areas. As it was only a small village we had regulars who came in for the same stuff so it was often easier to recognise who was new and who could possibly be the mystery shopper. This didn’t mean we slacked any other time. Training was constant so we never forgot store values. And always made sure we were presentable for the day with a positive mind frame to help customers.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Shifts were often changing
it was ok
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
I was a senior sales assistant at Superdrug's, Superdrug was my first job I started off as a normal sales assistant, stocking shelf's, on till, dealing with queries and complaints, reporting back to my manager.

after working for a year I got promoted as a senior sales assistant, I would start my shift at 9am and finish at 6pm. I would make sure all stocks are correct according to stock sheet and complete rota and annual leave for the staff.

the hardest part of the job was (nothing)

the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different background, had a very good team.
Cons
this was very productive i learnt a lot and helped me see a lot of things in life and what i want to be doing with my life.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London East, Greater London4 February 2018
I am very keen to learn new skills and am always able to take feedback on board to improve my work. During my job working as a shop assistant, I was required to swiftly pick up a range of skills from my mentor, including: communicating with the customer; making shelves look presentable for customers; cleaning the place for customers. My employer remarked upon my ability to listen carefully to the instructions I was given and perform them first time. I have an excellent work ethic.
Pros
help me understand about the work i have to overcome and the things i have to do when i am working
Cons
Flexible hours and good management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds4 February 2018
Management is always willing to listen to you if you're unhappy with your hours, and as long as you stay productive on the shop floor, socialisation with your coworkers isn't punished so that you can still have fun at work. Easy job to pick up and the wage is above minimum. Good staff discounts too.
Great place to work for & lovely staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire17 January 2018
Worked there for Christmas temps 2 years in a row now, even though I was there a month each time, I loved every minute of working there, lovely staff so easy going, easy to get on with, and overall Superdrug is a great place to work for.
Okay.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff16 January 2018
Was on a zero hour contract with hardly any hours, management had their favorites and only gave hours to certain people. They were very strict with their promotional sales and loyalty cards and would often call you up if you hadn't met their targets. Colleagues were great but I wouldn't recommended this as a full-time job unless they offer you contract.
Pros
Discount was great.
Cons
0 hour contract, Not enough hours, strict management.
Friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
You get to meet lovely staff, a very friendly environment and are understanding in terms of flexibility with students. Hard working staff that don’t get paid as much as they should
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Low pay
The company doesn't care about employees at all
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire9 January 2018
I love the people I work with which is the only reason I have stayed in Superdrug. The company as a whole likes to pay minimum wage, cut everyones hours and yet expects amazing customer service and brilliant sales. There is not enough staff to run a store and they are reducing the hours every year. They are greedy and horrible and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Cons
minimum wage, greedy company and cuts hours
Lovely workplace
Sales assistant - Chritsmas temp (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 January 2018
As a christmas temp the staff were very welcoming and made me feel like part of the team.
Staff are hardworking and do their best to help customers as much as possible.
Amazing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chepstow, Monmouthshire6 January 2018
Favourite job Ive had, my co-workers were amazing people and im still friends with all of them and the work was fun. At times it got quite busy but it was never overwhelming and getting to know all of the customers personally was fantastic
Pros
Great co-workers, suitable hours for students
Cons
Sundays are slow with few customers
Bad work environment, low pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester2 January 2018
The management are unnecessarily rude, often picking favourites, they are also un-cooperative and you have to continually chase things up, the pay is low compared to similar nearby companies. There is also a lack of communication regarding shifts and tasks that need completing
Pros
staff discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.

Superdrug Reviews by Location