Superdrug Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Not the best place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire15 October 2018
I worked in a smaller store it was the most boring job and the manager pressures you into trying to sell the star buys. All they care about is selling, they do not care about their staff
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rubbish pay, rude managers, boring
An enjoyable place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire12 October 2018
An enjoyable place to work with a lot to keep you occupied through out the day. Customers and employees were all nice to work with.A fulfilling sales assistant role.
Friendly people to work with, busy on tills.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Crewe6 October 2018
Superdrug is a friendly place where I had it as a part time job. I enjoyed working there and selling the products to customers and helping them choose the right products when they asked for help. I liked helping people out and making sure they wanted what they needed. I was on my feet all day on tills serving but sometimes I was stocking shelves and helping customers at all times. I have learned that retail can be hard at times and dealing with some hard customers can be hard work but I got management as soon as possible when it was a hard situation or asked for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working with some of my friends and friendly helpful colleagues and being in ages work environment with products that I love and had a high interest in them.
Pros
Staff discounts - 30% on own Superdrug products, 10% on the rest
Cons
Constant pressure to ask each customer 5 question.
Great work place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 October 2018
Great place to work. Good team work and great management. Flexible in catering for staff needs. Options to go further up the career ladder completing modules.
Pros
Discount
Good Enviroment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland26 September 2018
I had work experience at Superdrug through a Training Course I attended a few years ago, it was a fun work place and good enviroment to work in. I learned how to stack shelves, label items, bringing stock onto the floor, using the checkout, and helping customers with anything they need.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ruislip21 September 2018
Typical day at work would be operating the till for a few hours, go for a 15 minute break then put stock out on the shop floor for the rest of the time at work and then, have a 1 hour lunch break and continue with the stock.

I learned how to communicate with customers, because before I started I was very shy and wouldn't speak to anyone or communicate.

The hardest part of the job was probably at the start when I had to communicate with customers but as I got more into the job i'd say the hardest part was being on the till and registering beauty cards.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Longer hours
Terrible, Never again
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London14 September 2018
Terrible company, started working there at 17, got paid only £4 per hour. New staff was hired, everyones hours got cut down to 4-8 hours, complete joke. You cant have a social life, they expect you to work everyday, even if you're part time. They don't care about your contract hours, they try to manipulate you into having to work more. The discount wasn't bad, 20% off own brand however, their own brand stuff arent even good. I enjoyed working with the staff (apart from some management). We had a lot of shoplifters stealing fragrances and we were expected to stop them (they should have their own security in stores)
Pros
The discount, the headsets
Cons
Terrible hours, a lot of management problems, bag searches everyday
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol10 September 2018
I enjoyed my time at Superdrug as it was fast paced and energetic. I learned many skills including how to deal with customers and how to deal with many jobs within retail. The hardest part of my job was the length of each day, but despite this it was very enjoyable and rewarding. My favourite part of the job was the organisation and initiative required to do the job well.
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 September 2018
Working at Superdrug always made me feel part of the team, even when I was only there for 2 weeks work experience.The team as a whole are very welcoming and the manager was lovely. I learnt how to organise the shop floor and stock take. I was mostly directing customers and advising them, along with stock replenishment which was very enjoyable as jobs go.
Pros
Friendly staff
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross30 August 2018
One of the worst jobs I have ever had, management so rude and very unhelpful in all shapes and forms.very nasty and sarcastic towards you . Far to much to offer at till point - star buys sim cards points card a nusence customers don't want and get annoyed with u asking and can be rude towards you because of this. People just want served and that's it not a million questions customers will be lost this way. Very boring job and everyday is the same. Did not like it as management were so rude to much to push at tills, not enough hours never enough tasks to keep u busy enough therefor extremely boring. No I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Staff discount was good
Cons
Never got all the breaks you were entitled to
great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 August 2018
superdrug is a great place to work so many opportunities within the store many people around to help you out around work. learn lots of traits of working in retail will never get bored always something new and exciting happening.
It's a good place to work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 August 2018
Staff were friendly and it was comfortable for a first hand experience in retail. If you're interested in beauty then it's a great place to work. Management we're okay , strict but fair.
productive
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford17 August 2018
in superdrug i was a sales assisntant. my work experience overall was a lot of hard work such as cleaning and helping customers in the store.overall it
Not a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
Horrible staff who make you work extremely hard and made to work longer than you are paid for. Very rude people who were very rude to me and made me cry on number of occasions. Constantly being watched and not allowed to talk to other members of staff. IF you make a mistake you get in a lot of trouble. Management are horrible people
Pros
No pros
Cons
The whole job role
Okay company...
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bideford11 August 2018
Not the best job, quite repetitive and not much career progressions plus the amount of information you have to say is ridiculous and constantly being observed is a bit much.
Pros
Staff discount
Easy and fun workplace!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex31 July 2018
Working at Superdrug is a fairly chilled out and enjoyable, the jobs are not taxing and the staff and management are understanding and welcoming, making working here easy even on stressful days.

I received comprehensive customer service training which is applicable to and valuable in all job areas. The pay is decent and the discount is good too, however, you are required to sell and promote "star buys", "beauty cards" and "Superdrug mobile" sim cards to every customer which can be tedious.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Sales targets
Not a long term job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester21 July 2018
It’s an ok place to work if you don’t need something long term. Wouldn’t say the management is great. They’re chilled but you do all the work and they get all the praise. The hours aren’t all that either. I’d say it’s ok for a first job just to get you into working life. Feel like it’s the same day constantly because it’s so repetitive.
Pros
30% of one brand or exclusive products
Cons
Short breakst, constant weekend shifts, repetitive days.
fun and nice atmosphere to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield18 July 2018
Good staff discount available for full time staff
Great people to work with, good discount
Friendly management and staff, fab discount 10% everything else
Good staff discount, occasional freebies
Friendly staff and work environment
Pros
Good team environment, Good staff discount
Cons
constant pressure to ask each customer 5 question.
Productive and Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy, Fife16 July 2018
- Good Atmosphere and fun environment
- Appropriate weekly targets
- Good management
- Very flexible
- Great staff discount and lots of fun competitions on the hub
Enjoyable sales environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham20 June 2018
I very much enjoyed working for Superdrug; I appreciated the benefits such as employee discount, and excelled in recommending products to customers such as makeup and perfume. However, I found that due to the management in the particular shop I was in, I was extremely limited and was not taught as much as I should have been. I helped out at other stores and the management was surprised that I could not complete simple tasks simply because my manager had never shown me how to do them. Additionally, I believed that the pay rate was extremely low, even for someone under the age of 18.
Pros
Interest in products sold
Cons
Low pay and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.

Superdrug Reviews by Location