Superdrug Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Fun workplace and inviting to all customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 March 2018
I really enjoy working with this company the people are so amazing to work with and the benefits and salary are beneficial to my circumstances everything I needed taking care of in regards to the management was well taken care of
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Average pay
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Slough10 March 2018
i enjoyed working with the customers and being on tills. i learnt how to do stock takes zero to zero filling . facing up and a lot more. my manager is amazing and is very understanding.You get paid every 4 weeks which can be very useful especially for students. the hardest part of the job is promo every month.
Pros
staff discount card
Cons
shop lifters
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camberwell, Greater London26 February 2018
I love working at superdrug its a great place to be in , it gave me confidence and experience , I learnt a lot of new things. .
Good for a first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 February 2018
Working at Superdrug was good as I was able to gain many skills aswell as getting to know amazing colleagues .however, the pay rate for my age wasn't reasonable .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Left to get on with it
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  North east Northumberland22 February 2018
Worked in this store for over eight years at first it was a fun place to work
Then staff left and were not replaced placing more stress on the staff that were left
Maagment were never on the shop floor leaving you alone often for over an hour
Bells were ignored and customers were waiting to be seen which made you feel awful
Defiantly not customer focused
Pressured to sell star buys at the checkout
Staff morale was 0
Pros
Staff discount 30%
Cons
Rotas changed without being consulted
Chilled Out
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London18 February 2018
The environment at Superdrug is lovely and there is also a good balance between work and personal life. Though there are some things that could be fixed.
Can be fun, ok management.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London15 February 2018
Overall Superdrug is nice to work for. The team I worked with was nice but I’ve been to other Superdrug’s and it can be different depending on the store. They like to higher young people (16-21) so the pay is less. This leads to what can be a constant cycle of new people every few months. This can be difficult to adjust to but as I said before everyone was nice that I worked with. I never had a problem with management other than that they can sometimes become a little over reliant on specific members of staff. The pay is decent provided that your over 21. There also isn’t much difference in pay between a sales advisor and a team leader. If you want to progress and have the extra responsibility go for it but if this is a stepping stone sales advisor pay is enough in comparison to a team leader.
Pros
Nice colleagues, nice atmosphere.
Cons
Rota’s weren’t up in due time, very pushy about targets.
Productive work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
At my branch, we are a small efficient team of which all colleagues know each other on a first name basis. Management is flexible and understanding at times, allowing the shop floor workers to feel comfortable in their surroundings, thus allowing us to give customers the best possible service we could offer. This showed me that when all staff have a sense of compromise, working in retail is nowhere near as stressful as it can be. As I am quite happy in my role the hardest part of the job would simply be the commute, which isn't a long journey, but its mau=inly due to the fact that I am respected and feel like a valued member of a working unit.
Fun Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camberley2 February 2018
Employees were easy to work with. They took pride in their work and tried to give customers the best experience possible. Mangers were easy to talk to.
Horrible work place and management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  England1 February 2018
Horrible place to work, management treat you like you are dirt and they cut your hours. Manager doesn't pull their weight around the store at all. Most of the staff there are two faced making it just a stressful and horrible environment, I do not recommend this workplace at all.
I also don't get many breaks even when working 6+ hour shifts.
Pros
No pros
Cons
hardly any breaks, horrible manager, customers are rude
Superdrug
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hinckley15 January 2018
I enjoyed working for the company but all stores work differently and some of them were not as easy to work in as others, I think it’s enjoyable as a part time job.
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gainsborough15 January 2018
A typical day at work would typically consist of mainly customer service and tasks around the shop floor. the staff here are very friendly and rarely butt heads, which leads to a pleasant work environment.
Productive and Fun Work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire11 January 2018
I have learned how to date code, merchandise, gone to conferences to learn more about new product releases etc. You make great new friendships within the team and have a great relationship with the management team
Worked here
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Truro10 January 2018
I really enjoyed working here, but it got to the point where training wasn't up to date, the management didn't seem fair and so many people started leaving at once. Most staff were nice and freindly but there were one or two that you could never be sure of
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Not enough staff
Nice place
sale advisor and at the till sometimes (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
At superdrug I was very happy with my team, we was all very kind and friendly. Customers were very rude, but this wasn't a big problem. I was working only weekends.
Pros
30 min free launch
Cons
less payment
Good
sales adviser (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey7 January 2018
I loved working at superdrug because of the flexible hours as they fit in so well with my studies. However, throughout my 4 years of working there we had many different team members and I could really tell the difference in how well people worked with having a different team, luckily i got on well with everyone. The salary isn't great but if you're a big people person this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
good for making friends
Cons
bad pay
Stressful
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station23 December 2017
Typical day at work was helping customers.advise on make up products.stock.making sure customers had a basket when needed.hardest part was selling star buys and rude customer
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude people treating you like your stupid
very demanding job due to lack of staff
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire19 December 2017
a typical day at Superdrug would usually consist of a handful of people doing there job and everyone else's while the rest just stand and look busy. I learned from this job that people get away with getting paid for doing nothing and just look busy. the hardest part of the job is probably getting a thousand tasks to do in a day that are impossible to complete as well as dealing with the busy queues at the tills. the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day. Most of the staff are really lovely people who you can have a laugh and a joke with which makes the day go a bit quicker. good for people in college/school who just want a few hours a week.
Pros
the friendly staff
Cons
understaffed
My opinion
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Durham28 November 2017
Overall a nice place to work however the management is quite unorganised and also the management make other staff feel as though they have preferred people.
Pros
Friendly team leaders
Cons
The shifts are quite awkward, as they areually during the day which limits opportunities of going out.
Ok - if youre a student
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset26 November 2017
This job would be fine if you are studying and need it part-time. I would not recommend this job for a full-time role. Management do not really know what they are doing and expect everything but pay the minimum for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.

Superdrug Reviews by Location