Superdrug Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Busy and Fun Environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 October 2018
Was always something to do and was enjoyable if you liked the type of products that the store stocks. Was offered to do team leader training which meant more money. I was only contracted a small amount of hours but was always given so many more than that which was a bonus.
Pros
10-30% staff discount
Cons
Repetitive tasks
workplace
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2018
it good place to work for. the people our thier are really good to student who work thier however they mkae you work alot i didnt had promble with that but seen i was fasting i could not do it.
Okay place to work - would push to accept something else
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 September 2018
worked for a year - was first job.
four hour shift would feel like a 12 hour shift.
management was okay but would push for unachievable targets given how quiet the store was.
not enough responsibility giben to sales advisors so would find yourself with absolutely nothing to do.
am under 18 so pay was only 6.20 - not the worst but when your only working 10 hours or so a week and every shift feels so long it just feels like a waste of time for such a low pay.
would be doing the exact same as other advisors if not more and get paid so much less
Pros
Discount
Cons
so extremely boring
The hours were good
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  St. Neots, Cambridgeshire24 August 2018
The tasks were fun to do, but the management in my store wasn't great. I was quite often left to just stand behind the till and do nothing for hours. The pay was okay but not great.
busy on tills. Friendly people to work with.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford24 August 2018
Superdrug is a friendly place where I worked in Guildford I had it as a weekend job but sometimes I worked extra days because
I was in college doing beauty therapy. so as I was doing my
Course in beauty it also related to the fact I was working in a career based on beauty and health to
Do with the skin. . i had a inspiration in health and beauty so I enjoyed working there and selling the products to customers and helping them choose the right products when they asked for help. I liked helping people out and making sure they wanted what they needed. I was on my feet all day on tills serving but sometimes I was stocking shelves and helping customers at all times. I have learned that retail can be hard at times and dealing with some hard customers can be hard work but I got management as soon as possible when it was a hard situation or asked for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working with some of my friends and being in ages work environment with products that I love and had a high interest in them.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
6-7 hour only 15 min break
Sales staff helped run this store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye8 August 2018
When I worked here, the management was all over the place. Our manager walked out and left the supervisors in charge for the whole summer. The sales staff had to pick up 20+ hours a week due to this, most of the staff at the time being under 18. We (as sales staff) pretty much ran this store over the summer, and when the summer ended the manager seemed to think it okay to just "waltz" back in as if nothing had happened. It was hard, but the people who I worked with were lovely and friendly and we did enjoy ourselves working there. Customers were lovely and took our advice and tips on board.
Pros
Friendly staff, friendly customers, flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
Awful.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London27 July 2018
I've been with superdrug for less than 6 months and can honestly say it is the WORST company i've ever worked for. Poor head office and poor management.
Cons
Poor staff discount 30% own brand and 10% branded (which customers are given anyway on promotions!)
Uncomfortable
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough12 July 2018
I was always made to feel less worthy than other colleagues due to being younger, I always followed instructions and got all jobs done but was made to feel stupid when asking simple questions considering I was new and there was a lot to learn. I often felt frowned upon by the older girls I worked around.
Pros
Give you the hours you want
Cons
Not a good team energy in certain stores
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield2 July 2018
A typical day at work would be very busy but not too busy therefore the hours would go by really fast. This was great as it made you enjoy work.
This was my first job therefore I learnt a lot such as how to deal with customers and what work life is like.
The management staff were really nice and fair.
The workplace culture was also good.
The hardest part of the job was promotion night as this took a lot of time and energy as you had to change all prices and move the shop around.
The most enjoyable part was re designing the shelves.
Pros
Christmas Bonus
Cons
Some rude staff
Ok
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Letchworth18 June 2018
Poor salary, met nice people there. Bad management, horrible boss and poor lunch breaks. Good place to get customer service experience. Not long hall job
Bullying negativity and horrible hours
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 June 2018
Worst company. Management used to b*tch behind my back, pervy team leader, horrible work/life balance they would change rota at the last minute and expect you to know, badgering us on StarBuys there was a constant negative vibe in our store. I no longer felt welcome working there picking on me for the littlest of things such as forgetting my badge or having my discount card in my pocket.

I was the youngest there and they treat their staff like numbers not people they’re very rude and discriminative always commenting on my hair especially due to being black.

Breaks are so short too

Be prepared to be flexible to work at Superdrug they get mad when you’re sick too.

Overall very catty place to work I don’t recommend working here it just makes you feel horrible
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bullying, discrimination, unequal, no work/life balance
Terrible
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire13 June 2018
bullying, harassment and negative environment. treated many staff like children.
unrealistic targets and have to do hard selling every day otherwise you are pulled into the office. they advertise it as a fun work place. IT IS NOT!
Ok place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire10 June 2018
Although this has been a great job to have unfortunately my shifts are not always guaranteed and my shifts can be cancelled at short notice. Unfortunately this does not work for me as I need guaranteed work every week.
Good part-time job
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Essex31 May 2018
It was easy work but not enough hours and the pay is not great. Always kept busy. Getting to organise all of the make-up is enjoyable. Promotion evenings are tough sometimes.
Horrible area/store managers
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Shropshire24 May 2018
Bad management, poorly paid, expected to come in for the afternoon when asked at 9am multiple times, management extremely unprofessional, arguing both inside and outside of work, I was promised advancement on multiple occasions never to receive any
Pros
Radio
Cons
everything else
Good First Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wallington13 May 2018
Days at work can become repetitive, good if you enjoy routine.
Helpful at basic retail training. Minimum wages are paid, and discount in OK. Work is enjoyable depending on area you work in and management team also.
Pros
discount, competitions to win prizes, good team environment
Cons
Low wages
hated it
SALES ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire10 May 2018
was my first job

pay awful

management made me feel stupid when I didn't know how do something even though id never been shown

couldn't even remember my name
Most unprofessional manager ever.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley27 April 2018
A very uncomfortable place to be. The current manager is very unprofessional and malipulative. Had to eventually leave because of feeling picked on and Left feeling insecure about my mental health. Honestly the worst person to ever work for in my experience (and I’m not the only one to think this either) I wouldn’t even rate the managent a 1 If I didn’t have to.
Cons
The manager x
Fun workplace and inviting to all customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 March 2018
I really enjoy working with this company the people are so amazing to work with and the benefits and salary are beneficial to my circumstances everything I needed taking care of in regards to the management was well taken care of
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Average pay
So-so
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge25 March 2018
Generally a good job with good range of challenges in store. Learned lots of patience with customers, especially difficult ones. Management are friendly but not as supportive as they could be; seem very stressed with the work load they are given. Not many tasks to complete once most are completed, making every day very customer focused and shifts can eventually become very boring. There aren't many hours available to employees that have more free time. The hardest part of the job personally would be working in such a small environment where time passes very slowly with minimal tasks to complete, making it a very mind-numbing job, as well as serving customers on a till for hours which was also very tiring mentally. The most enjoyable part is probably seeing the results you achieve after you've completed your tasks. Overall good for temporary work.
Pros
Good pay due to city location
Cons
No hours available/minimal overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.

Superdrug Reviews by Location