Superdrug Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield2 July 2018
A typical day at work would be very busy but not too busy therefore the hours would go by really fast. This was great as it made you enjoy work.
This was my first job therefore I learnt a lot such as how to deal with customers and what work life is like.
The management staff were really nice and fair.
The workplace culture was also good.
The hardest part of the job was promotion night as this took a lot of time and energy as you had to change all prices and move the shop around.
The most enjoyable part was re designing the shelves.
Pros
Christmas Bonus
Cons
Some rude staff
Ok
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Letchworth18 June 2018
Poor salary, met nice people there. Bad management, horrible boss and poor lunch breaks. Good place to get customer service experience. Not long hall job
Bullying negativity and horrible hours
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 June 2018
Worst company. Management used to b*tch behind my back, pervy team leader, horrible work/life balance they would change rota at the last minute and expect you to know, badgering us on StarBuys there was a constant negative vibe in our store. I no longer felt welcome working there picking on me for the littlest of things such as forgetting my badge or having my discount card in my pocket.

I was the youngest there and they treat their staff like numbers not people they’re very rude and discriminative always commenting on my hair especially due to being black.

Breaks are so short too

Be prepared to be flexible to work at Superdrug they get mad when you’re sick too.

Overall very catty place to work I don’t recommend working here it just makes you feel horrible
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bullying, discrimination, unequal, no work/life balance
Terrible
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire13 June 2018
bullying, harassment and negative environment. treated many staff like children.
unrealistic targets and have to do hard selling every day otherwise you are pulled into the office. they advertise it as a fun work place. IT IS NOT!
Ok place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire10 June 2018
Although this has been a great job to have unfortunately my shifts are not always guaranteed and my shifts can be cancelled at short notice. Unfortunately this does not work for me as I need guaranteed work every week.
Good part-time job
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Essex31 May 2018
It was easy work but not enough hours and the pay is not great. Always kept busy. Getting to organise all of the make-up is enjoyable. Promotion evenings are tough sometimes.
Horrible area/store managers
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Shropshire24 May 2018
Bad management, poorly paid, expected to come in for the afternoon when asked at 9am multiple times, management extremely unprofessional, arguing both inside and outside of work, I was promised advancement on multiple occasions never to receive any
Pros
Radio
Cons
everything else
Good First Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wallington13 May 2018
Days at work can become repetitive, good if you enjoy routine.
Helpful at basic retail training. Minimum wages are paid, and discount in OK. Work is enjoyable depending on area you work in and management team also.
Pros
discount, competitions to win prizes, good team environment
Cons
Low wages
hated it
SALES ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire10 May 2018
was my first job

pay awful

management made me feel stupid when I didn't know how do something even though id never been shown

couldn't even remember my name
Most unprofessional manager ever.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley27 April 2018
A very uncomfortable place to be. The current manager is very unprofessional and malipulative. Had to eventually leave because of feeling picked on and Left feeling insecure about my mental health. Honestly the worst person to ever work for in my experience (and I’m not the only one to think this either) I wouldn’t even rate the managent a 1 If I didn’t have to.
Cons
The manager x
Fun workplace and inviting to all customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 March 2018
I really enjoy working with this company the people are so amazing to work with and the benefits and salary are beneficial to my circumstances everything I needed taking care of in regards to the management was well taken care of
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Average pay
So-so
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge25 March 2018
Generally a good job with good range of challenges in store. Learned lots of patience with customers, especially difficult ones. Management are friendly but not as supportive as they could be; seem very stressed with the work load they are given. Not many tasks to complete once most are completed, making every day very customer focused and shifts can eventually become very boring. There aren't many hours available to employees that have more free time. The hardest part of the job personally would be working in such a small environment where time passes very slowly with minimal tasks to complete, making it a very mind-numbing job, as well as serving customers on a till for hours which was also very tiring mentally. The most enjoyable part is probably seeing the results you achieve after you've completed your tasks. Overall good for temporary work.
Pros
Good pay due to city location
Cons
No hours available/minimal overtime
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Slough10 March 2018
i enjoyed working with the customers and being on tills. i learnt how to do stock takes zero to zero filling . facing up and a lot more. my manager is amazing and is very understanding.You get paid every 4 weeks which can be very useful especially for students. the hardest part of the job is promo every month.
Pros
staff discount card
Cons
shop lifters
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camberwell, Greater London26 February 2018
I love working at superdrug its a great place to be in , it gave me confidence and experience , I learnt a lot of new things. .
Good for a first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 February 2018
Working at Superdrug was good as I was able to gain many skills aswell as getting to know amazing colleagues .however, the pay rate for my age wasn't reasonable .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Left to get on with it
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  North east Northumberland22 February 2018
Worked in this store for over eight years at first it was a fun place to work
Then staff left and were not replaced placing more stress on the staff that were left
Maagment were never on the shop floor leaving you alone often for over an hour
Bells were ignored and customers were waiting to be seen which made you feel awful
Defiantly not customer focused
Pressured to sell star buys at the checkout
Staff morale was 0
Pros
Staff discount 30%
Cons
Rotas changed without being consulted
Chilled Out
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London18 February 2018
The environment at Superdrug is lovely and there is also a good balance between work and personal life. Though there are some things that could be fixed.
Can be fun, ok management.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London15 February 2018
Overall Superdrug is nice to work for. The team I worked with was nice but I’ve been to other Superdrug’s and it can be different depending on the store. They like to higher young people (16-21) so the pay is less. This leads to what can be a constant cycle of new people every few months. This can be difficult to adjust to but as I said before everyone was nice that I worked with. I never had a problem with management other than that they can sometimes become a little over reliant on specific members of staff. The pay is decent provided that your over 21. There also isn’t much difference in pay between a sales advisor and a team leader. If you want to progress and have the extra responsibility go for it but if this is a stepping stone sales advisor pay is enough in comparison to a team leader.
Pros
Nice colleagues, nice atmosphere.
Cons
Rota’s weren’t up in due time, very pushy about targets.
Productive work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
At my branch, we are a small efficient team of which all colleagues know each other on a first name basis. Management is flexible and understanding at times, allowing the shop floor workers to feel comfortable in their surroundings, thus allowing us to give customers the best possible service we could offer. This showed me that when all staff have a sense of compromise, working in retail is nowhere near as stressful as it can be. As I am quite happy in my role the hardest part of the job would simply be the commute, which isn't a long journey, but its mau=inly due to the fact that I am respected and feel like a valued member of a working unit.
Fun Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camberley2 February 2018
Employees were easy to work with. They took pride in their work and tried to give customers the best experience possible. Mangers were easy to talk to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.

Superdrug Reviews by Location