Superdrug Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

fun place to work
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside5 October 2018
Fun place to work, new retail experience staff and customers always friendly, great benefits for the staff, latest you work till is 8/9 unless you are working a night shift
Pros
staff discount
Cons
given disceplinarys if you dont up sell
Active work place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester28 June 2018
• Working on the perfume counter service customers
• Assisting customers with any queries
• Regular stock checks
• Assisting with deliveries
• Boosting promotions on the shop floor
Pros
Discount - Hours offered
Cons
Late night training after full day
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk20 May 2018
Rubbish pay, awful hours, extreme lack of training. I was rota’d in for 3 hour shifts which is a joke and then disciplined for not knowing things when I received no training whatsoever.

The manager went on holiday the day after I started properly and no one else thought to show me how to do my job so I had to wing it as best I could.

My shifts would be changed without it being focussed with me or without me even being told so I would show up for a shift I thought I had only to find it had been swapped and I’d wasted my time going there.

Awful place to work, don’t do it even if you’re desperate your better off in McDonald’s.
Pros
None whatsoever - even the discounts were rubbish.
Cons
Everything, bad pay, bad management, always expected to stay after hours for no more pay, mean staff
Hours are good for students.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton19 May 2018
Superdrug is good for a first job, the hours are good for students, I worked Saturday and Sunday but only for 4 hours on Sunday so I could still enjoy my weekends. Unfortunately the management I had was awful, there was a lot of inequality and judgement but I understand that not every store is like this and they pay was £4 something an hour..
Pros
Good first time job
Cons
Pay
Effective and Produvtive
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
Superdrug has given me the knowledge how to assist the customers gently and politely. The company teaches me how a person can be disciplined and organise himself.
Pros
Higher Discount
Cons
Short hours
friendly and up beat place to work,
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick25 April 2018
When I worked there I enjoyed my work life and I also enjoyed my home life it was an equal balance for me at the time due to commitments with school. Good place to work however very irritating getting constant paper cuts.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks long hours
Friendly staff and management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester10 January 2018
Superdrug is much changed since I worked there. The shop has moved. Staff seem always much younger than in my time there. Job was interesting and varied. Stocktaking was amazing
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Wages fairly low
Great expecience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 October 2017
Worked just for a couple of months it has been a good experience for me. My role was to stack shelves with te right products, helping customers find the right products that they need, working in a large team with different staff members and cleaning the store.
productive
customer service, stock maintenance and rotation (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds25 September 2017
time went quick as there was always things to be done.
management was kind and supportive and we were appreciated for the things we did for the company.
Pros
breaks
Cons
business
busy
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford23 August 2017
was only here for 2 weeks when I was in year 10 for school work experience but enjoyed working here.. very welcoming and was very happy with my first taster of a busy working environment
Amazing learning experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford20 July 2017
Superdrugs was an amazing learning experience for me in a retail based environment as it helped me gain various skills and increased my confidence in terms of social interactions.
busy and friendly atmosphere but enjoyable
Customer Service and Till Operative (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire6 July 2017
stocking shelves, using the tills, unpacking/packing, display work, cleaning, dealing with customer complaints/questions. General Sales assistant.
Taking charge of deliveries and orders.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
tiring on occasion
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metrocentre20 June 2017
During my time at Superdrug I was mainly on the checkouts. However the longer I was with the company the more verity I would have. When I was on the shop floor I would stock shelves and face off (tidy the stock). Then went to work on my own on the perfume department. I would assist the customers with and questions and sales.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
I found being paid weekly was easy at the time, however now i have a family it makes it a bit more difficult.
shop
Customer service + deliveries (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey19 June 2017
was a great job hd a really good time there the staff was good and i was happy not much career progresson so had to move on but would suit any kind of person they two types of shifts so if your a morning or afternoon person its fine
Not very productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southport23 May 2017
Putting products in the right place, being helpful and friendly to customers, making sure when there was a spillage customers would know about this and safety procedures where carried out.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2017
- Writing reports analysing the customer service that the company provides.

- Issuing refunds or compensation to customers.

- Informed customers about all product lines and services offered by the company.

- Communicated information to customers about product quality, value and style.

- Answered customers' questions and addressed problems and complaints in person and via phone.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Low Pay rate
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire8 December 2016
I really enjoyed it because the people who worked there really helped me. Also I like doing the job there it was fun. Along that I was working with my mate he helped me really well
Superdrug
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilkeston7 September 2016
Superdrug was a nice place to work as it never got to busy, I used to spend my days either stacking the shelves, going on the till and serving customers or upstairs sorting the stock out, the best part of my job there was talking to all the lovely customers that came in. I think one of the bad things about working there was some days it could be really quiet an drag. I got on with all the staff really well and became quite close to some of them. I learned how to use a till whilst working there and how to be confident when talking to customers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Quiet shifts that dragged
phenomenal
customer service and stacking shelves (Former Employee) –  Lancashire25 May 2016
the experience of doing customer service is great it gives you the opportunity to help others out and make sure they get what they came for and to also to make sure the store is clean so it is a nice environment for people to be around.
enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Slough25 May 2016
It was fantastic to work, enjoyable and loved challenges. I worked under pressure, I worked as team. I had excellent customer service and excellent time keeping. I learnt lots of things and the hardest job was number of targets, tasks to-do in short period time but I have learnt lots of things from it.
Pros
lunches were free
Cons
lots of over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.

Superdrug Reviews by Location