Superdrug Employee Reviews in London

Friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
You get to meet lovely staff, a very friendly environment and are understanding in terms of flexibility with students. Hard working staff that don’t get paid as much as they should
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Low pay
It was okay place to work at
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London6 December 2017
I wouldn't really work their again, everyone was nice and very easy to work with and that overall was really great, but if their was only more help then that would have been great, and would have made my life and the customers life a lot more easier, because it's really sad when i find it hard to communicate, and that's something that is important in a work environment.
Pros
Lunches was great a good lunch break
Cons
It's a 9.00 to 5.00 job it was way too long
Unprofessional managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for superdrug and i made a lot of friends there but management was poor and biased. They were unprofessional and rude and only favoured certain staff.
Cons
short hours, low shifts
Active
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I was their for work experience and it required me to be present at 8 o clock and put up displays and make sure that stock where full. overall great experience and lovely staff
Pros
Friendly employees
nice people, poor management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  london putney20 November 2017
Other sales advisors were very friendly and welcoming, the manager was not very good at her job a lot of people left after their first day of working due to her poor management.
Pros
discount card
Cons
poor management
A good place to start if you are unfamiliar with retail work
Store Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
Superdrug is a place where you can start working in retail if you are unfamiliar with work and do not want to be overwhelmed by giants such as Sainsburys. The people are generally very nice and supportive if you are new; in my experience, even though I came in with no previous references, people were willing to show me the ropes and looked like they were genuinely wanting to be helpful as supposed to just having to do it as part of their duty. It is heart warming and I would definitely recommend trying to apply for a place at the Superdrug near you if you are looking for friendly people and enjoyable work.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Generous Breaks
Cons
Manual Work
Bad management and intense environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
As a sales assistant, my job consisted of standing for 6 hours in the aisles and asking if anyone needs help, and people asking me for help. The store I was personally situated in was freezing cold with broken heating, making it an uncomfortable environment for me to work in. My shifts ended at 11pm, but frequently staff higher up than me would have me stay later to tidy up more. It was not a tight knit environment between employees and often was very stressful. Lunch break was also only 15 minutes and the office was minuscule, with one seat between 6+ staff members.
Decent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2017
Very hard work for very little pay.
Not many opportunities to exceed in this company.
So much pressure where targets are concerned.
Not a good place to work in, in terms of salary.
Pros
You can wear your own uniform as long as it's black
Cons
less wage
Work environment was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
Typical work day involved price and product replenishing, monitoring shop floor and operating till. The Job was ok, learnt how to work efficiently independently as well as within a team.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Heavy work load
Great expecience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 October 2017
Worked just for a couple of months it has been a good experience for me. My role was to stack shelves with te right products, helping customers find the right products that they need, working in a large team with different staff members and cleaning the store.
Should treat their staff better.
Sales Assistant / Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  London16 September 2017
Enjoyed the team that I worked with but I felt that this company takes their staff for granted. The branch where I worked was one of their flagship stores but you wouldn't think so with the lack of staff they had and I felt that this was a dis-service to the customer because they could not find staff to assist them. For the low wages they were paying whilst I was there this company definately got their monies worth because most of the time it felt like you were doing 3 peoples jobs.
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 September 2017
I have learned many skills and met great people, I I always had an productive day. this work place was diverse and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting the work done fast and getting new challenge.
Pros
new challenges
Cons
short hours
freindly and fast paced enviorement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2017
A very great start for heading towards a successful career in retail management as you come across all the obstacles and pressure you would deal with at any higher level in management and must be productive and actively come up with solutions working as a team and as an individual to achieve your objectives,

overall a very progressive company with an aim to last in the market for the long run and dominate retail and i believe they could achieve they're as im familiar with the companies vision for the future.

Company offers staff with benefits of in store discount and paying for all travel fees for company related journeys
good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 September 2017
work experience only
typical day: working deliveries, replenishing stock, cleaning shelves, item by item stock checks, cleaning the store, tidying stock on shopfloor and in warehouse, assisting customer with their needs.

1 hour lunch break
Pros
work experience
Cons
work experience only
Tiring but a good experience for me
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 August 2017
I mostly had to walk around the store which is not ideal but I liked helping out and the staff were very polite and helpful. It was a very good time for me to be out in the real world and I did at least get a break for lunch which. However the job was tiring since I was supposed to walk around the whole store (mainly the cosmetics section) which meant I had to give customer service to people in that department despite having no knowledge about anything there.
Pros
1 hour break or 2 half hour breaks, staff were helpful and nice to me, not too difficult.
Cons
Boring, Tiring, Some customers were rude, some customers are very hard to understand.
A typical day at work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2017
Mainly trying to sell star buys and register beauty cards, we hand out baskets to customers and face up (aligning all the products).
I like the atmosphere and interacting with customers, its a fairly easy job to do.
Could be better.
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 July 2017
Always something to do, high pressure to sell weekly promotions and points card. 30 minutes break for 8 hour shift. I was told that I had to book all my holidays for the next year in the middle of the current year.
Staff are nice and helpful.
positive working enviroment and great staffs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2017
great staffs who make you feel right at home. great working environment really recommend applying to this job. I learnt many skills especially good customer service skills. hardest part of the job was stock work and delivery day.
Pros
really amazing staffs
Cons
flexible hour
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 July 2017
i learnt how to be more confident with the staff and the customers, it was also interesting because i have a passion for beauty/makeup. hardest park of the job was stocking but the most enjoyable part was promoting products
Pros
long break
Cons
no pay
busy, fun, challenging
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 July 2017
either worked on the shop floor, stockroom or tills so had something new and different to do every day, learnt how to persuade customers to buy products like the perfumes, can be physically challenging but i enjoy moving around
Pros
fun
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.