Superdrug Employee Reviews in London

Found 146 reviews matching the search See all 1,153 reviews
checkout
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 November 2018
I was a customer assistant in superdrug. I was on the checkouts and in the makeup section. the most enjoyable part of the job was in the makeup aisle because I love makeup.
Cons
short hours
Friendly people to work with, busy on tills.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Crewe6 October 2018
Superdrug is a friendly place where I had it as a part time job. I enjoyed working there and selling the products to customers and helping them choose the right products when they asked for help. I liked helping people out and making sure they wanted what they needed. I was on my feet all day on tills serving but sometimes I was stocking shelves and helping customers at all times. I have learned that retail can be hard at times and dealing with some hard customers can be hard work but I got management as soon as possible when it was a hard situation or asked for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working with some of my friends and friendly helpful colleagues and being in ages work environment with products that I love and had a high interest in them.
Pros
Staff discounts - 30% on own Superdrug products, 10% on the rest
Cons
Constant pressure to ask each customer 5 question.
productive and fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  london4 October 2018
A busy fast paced workplace with great team spirit and plenty of opportunity to advance further in the company.
The best part of the job is knowing that your customers are leaving happy after receiving great customer service.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Parking fees
Stressful
Sales Associate & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2018
Working as a team leader, I was given management responsibility which put extra stress on my personal life and as a student. Pay isn't worth the amount of work that is done.
Good work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 September 2018
My colleagues were very helpful in getting me started and making sure I understood what was expected of me to complete in my time there. I enjoyed the store environment which made it a positive work space.
workplace
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2018
it good place to work for. the people our thier are really good to student who work thier however they mkae you work alot i didnt had promble with that but seen i was fasting i could not do it.
It's a good place to work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 August 2018
Staff were friendly and it was comfortable for a first hand experience in retail. If you're interested in beauty then it's a great place to work. Management we're okay , strict but fair.
Fun workplace.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 August 2018
very fun and productive workplace, always ensures that each member of staff is having no struggles and the staff all work together very well. the management is also very reliable.
Not a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
Horrible staff who make you work extremely hard and made to work longer than you are paid for. Very rude people who were very rude to me and made me cry on number of occasions. Constantly being watched and not allowed to talk to other members of staff. IF you make a mistake you get in a lot of trouble. Management are horrible people
Pros
No pros
Cons
The whole job role
Awful.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London27 July 2018
I've been with superdrug for less than 6 months and can honestly say it is the WORST company i've ever worked for. Poor head office and poor management.
Cons
Poor staff discount 30% own brand and 10% branded (which customers are given anyway on promotions!)
ONLY did work experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 July 2018
Since I had only done work experience, I cannot give a true representation of what is like to be employed at Superdrug. At my time there they would assign me tasks but most of the time I found myself bored.
ncie work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 June 2018
it was a nice place to work at, nice people were. it was my first jon so i was quiet nervous but the team allowed me to grow as a person. i really liked my days there.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 May 2018
I was a very young teenagers when i had work experience here, however, it had helped me feel much more confident around customers and made me feel very independent.
Effective and Produvtive
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
Superdrug has given me the knowledge how to assist the customers gently and politely. The company teaches me how a person can be disciplined and organise himself.
Pros
Higher Discount
Cons
Short hours
Good experience there but not for rest of my life for sure
Administration Supervisor , Fragrance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2018
Very average job in general if I have to compare to Selfridges and fine jewellery. Quite intense while I was in the office as admin in Superdrug and later very fun at the Fragrance in charge because I loved to deal with people/clients and selling products.
Good for a first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 February 2018
Working at Superdrug was good as I was able to gain many skills aswell as getting to know amazing colleagues .however, the pay rate for my age wasn't reasonable .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
it was ok
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
I was a senior sales assistant at Superdrug's, Superdrug was my first job I started off as a normal sales assistant, stocking shelf's, on till, dealing with queries and complaints, reporting back to my manager.

after working for a year I got promoted as a senior sales assistant, I would start my shift at 9am and finish at 6pm. I would make sure all stocks are correct according to stock sheet and complete rota and annual leave for the staff.

the hardest part of the job was (nothing)

the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different background, had a very good team.
Productive work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
At my branch, we are a small efficient team of which all colleagues know each other on a first name basis. Management is flexible and understanding at times, allowing the shop floor workers to feel comfortable in their surroundings, thus allowing us to give customers the best possible service we could offer. This showed me that when all staff have a sense of compromise, working in retail is nowhere near as stressful as it can be. As I am quite happy in my role the hardest part of the job would simply be the commute, which isn't a long journey, but its mau=inly due to the fact that I am respected and feel like a valued member of a working unit.
lovely place to work
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2018
really nice place to work and is always filled with laughs. only reason im looking to leave as i need full time hours. Lovely staff and management is good.
Pros
discount
Cons
low contract hours
superdrug
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 January 2018
love working in Superdrug and with curtomers hard working lovely place to work really enjoyed it. looking for full time work in retail. I love to keep busy on my feet always like to make sure am busy.
Pros
half an hour
Cons
part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.