Superdrug Employee Reviews in London

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 May 2018
I was a very young teenagers when i had work experience here, however, it had helped me feel much more confident around customers and made me feel very independent.
Effective and Produvtive
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
Superdrug has given me the knowledge how to assist the customers gently and politely. The company teaches me how a person can be disciplined and organise himself.
Pros
Higher Discount
Cons
Short hours
Good experience there but not for rest of my life for sure
Administration Supervisor , Fragrance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2018
Very average job in general if I have to compare to Selfridges and fine jewellery. Quite intense while I was in the office as admin in Superdrug and later very fun at the Fragrance in charge because I loved to deal with people/clients and selling products.
Good for a first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 February 2018
Working at Superdrug was good as I was able to gain many skills aswell as getting to know amazing colleagues .however, the pay rate for my age wasn't reasonable .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
it was ok
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
I was a senior sales assistant at Superdrug's, Superdrug was my first job I started off as a normal sales assistant, stocking shelf's, on till, dealing with queries and complaints, reporting back to my manager.

after working for a year I got promoted as a senior sales assistant, I would start my shift at 9am and finish at 6pm. I would make sure all stocks are correct according to stock sheet and complete rota and annual leave for the staff.

the hardest part of the job was (nothing)

the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different background, had a very good team.
Productive work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
At my branch, we are a small efficient team of which all colleagues know each other on a first name basis. Management is flexible and understanding at times, allowing the shop floor workers to feel comfortable in their surroundings, thus allowing us to give customers the best possible service we could offer. This showed me that when all staff have a sense of compromise, working in retail is nowhere near as stressful as it can be. As I am quite happy in my role the hardest part of the job would simply be the commute, which isn't a long journey, but its mau=inly due to the fact that I am respected and feel like a valued member of a working unit.
lovely place to work
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2018
really nice place to work and is always filled with laughs. only reason im looking to leave as i need full time hours. Lovely staff and management is good.
Pros
discount
Cons
low contract hours
superdrug
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 January 2018
love working in Superdrug and with curtomers hard working lovely place to work really enjoyed it. looking for full time work in retail. I love to keep busy on my feet always like to make sure am busy.
Pros
half an hour
Cons
part time
Friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
You get to meet lovely staff, a very friendly environment and are understanding in terms of flexibility with students. Hard working staff that don’t get paid as much as they should
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Low pay
Nice place
sale advisor and at the till sometimes (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
At superdrug I was very happy with my team, we was all very kind and friendly. Customers were very rude, but this wasn't a big problem. I was working only weekends.
Pros
30 min free launch
Cons
less payment
It was okay place to work at
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London6 December 2017
I wouldn't really work their again, everyone was nice and very easy to work with and that overall was really great, but if their was only more help then that would have been great, and would have made my life and the customers life a lot more easier, because it's really sad when i find it hard to communicate, and that's something that is important in a work environment.
Pros
Lunches was great a good lunch break
Cons
It's a 9.00 to 5.00 job it was way too long
Unprofessional managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for superdrug and i made a lot of friends there but management was poor and biased. They were unprofessional and rude and only favoured certain staff.
Cons
short hours, low shifts
Active
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I was their for work experience and it required me to be present at 8 o clock and put up displays and make sure that stock where full. overall great experience and lovely staff
Pros
Friendly employees
nice people, poor management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  london putney20 November 2017
Other sales advisors were very friendly and welcoming, the manager was not very good at her job a lot of people left after their first day of working due to her poor management.
Pros
discount card
Cons
poor management
A good place to start if you are unfamiliar with retail work
Store Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
Superdrug is a place where you can start working in retail if you are unfamiliar with work and do not want to be overwhelmed by giants such as Sainsburys. The people are generally very nice and supportive if you are new; in my experience, even though I came in with no previous references, people were willing to show me the ropes and looked like they were genuinely wanting to be helpful as supposed to just having to do it as part of their duty. It is heart warming and I would definitely recommend trying to apply for a place at the Superdrug near you if you are looking for friendly people and enjoyable work.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Generous Breaks
Cons
Manual Work
Bad management and intense environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
As a sales assistant, my job consisted of standing for 6 hours in the aisles and asking if anyone needs help, and people asking me for help. The store I was personally situated in was freezing cold with broken heating, making it an uncomfortable environment for me to work in. My shifts ended at 11pm, but frequently staff higher up than me would have me stay later to tidy up more. It was not a tight knit environment between employees and often was very stressful. Lunch break was also only 15 minutes and the office was minuscule, with one seat between 6+ staff members.
Decent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2017
Very hard work for very little pay.
Not many opportunities to exceed in this company.
So much pressure where targets are concerned.
Not a good place to work in, in terms of salary.
Pros
You can wear your own uniform as long as it's black
Cons
less wage
Work environment was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
Typical work day involved price and product replenishing, monitoring shop floor and operating till. The Job was ok, learnt how to work efficiently independently as well as within a team.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Heavy work load
Great expecience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 October 2017
Worked just for a couple of months it has been a good experience for me. My role was to stack shelves with te right products, helping customers find the right products that they need, working in a large team with different staff members and cleaning the store.
Should treat their staff better.
Sales Assistant / Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  London16 September 2017
Enjoyed the team that I worked with but I felt that this company takes their staff for granted. The branch where I worked was one of their flagship stores but you wouldn't think so with the lack of staff they had and I felt that this was a dis-service to the customer because they could not find staff to assist them. For the low wages they were paying whilst I was there this company definately got their monies worth because most of the time it felt like you were doing 3 peoples jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.