Superdrug Employee Reviews in London

Fun workplace.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 August 2018
very fun and productive workplace, always ensures that each member of staff is having no struggles and the staff all work together very well. the management is also very reliable.
Not a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
Horrible staff who make you work extremely hard and made to work longer than you are paid for. Very rude people who were very rude to me and made me cry on number of occasions. Constantly being watched and not allowed to talk to other members of staff. IF you make a mistake you get in a lot of trouble. Management are horrible people
Pros
No pros
Cons
The whole job role
Awful.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London27 July 2018
I've been with superdrug for less than 6 months and can honestly say it is the WORST company i've ever worked for. Poor head office and poor management.
Cons
Poor staff discount 30% own brand and 10% branded (which customers are given anyway on promotions!)
ONLY did work experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 July 2018
Since I had only done work experience, I cannot give a true representation of what is like to be employed at Superdrug. At my time there they would assign me tasks but most of the time I found myself bored.
ncie work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 June 2018
it was a nice place to work at, nice people were. it was my first jon so i was quiet nervous but the team allowed me to grow as a person. i really liked my days there.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 May 2018
I was a very young teenagers when i had work experience here, however, it had helped me feel much more confident around customers and made me feel very independent.
Effective and Produvtive
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
Superdrug has given me the knowledge how to assist the customers gently and politely. The company teaches me how a person can be disciplined and organise himself.
Pros
Higher Discount
Cons
Short hours
Good experience there but not for rest of my life for sure
Administration Supervisor , Fragrance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2018
Very average job in general if I have to compare to Selfridges and fine jewellery. Quite intense while I was in the office as admin in Superdrug and later very fun at the Fragrance in charge because I loved to deal with people/clients and selling products.
Good for a first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 February 2018
Working at Superdrug was good as I was able to gain many skills aswell as getting to know amazing colleagues .however, the pay rate for my age wasn't reasonable .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
it was ok
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
I was a senior sales assistant at Superdrug's, Superdrug was my first job I started off as a normal sales assistant, stocking shelf's, on till, dealing with queries and complaints, reporting back to my manager.

after working for a year I got promoted as a senior sales assistant, I would start my shift at 9am and finish at 6pm. I would make sure all stocks are correct according to stock sheet and complete rota and annual leave for the staff.

the hardest part of the job was (nothing)

the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different background, had a very good team.
Productive work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
At my branch, we are a small efficient team of which all colleagues know each other on a first name basis. Management is flexible and understanding at times, allowing the shop floor workers to feel comfortable in their surroundings, thus allowing us to give customers the best possible service we could offer. This showed me that when all staff have a sense of compromise, working in retail is nowhere near as stressful as it can be. As I am quite happy in my role the hardest part of the job would simply be the commute, which isn't a long journey, but its mau=inly due to the fact that I am respected and feel like a valued member of a working unit.
lovely place to work
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2018
really nice place to work and is always filled with laughs. only reason im looking to leave as i need full time hours. Lovely staff and management is good.
Pros
discount
Cons
low contract hours
superdrug
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 January 2018
love working in Superdrug and with curtomers hard working lovely place to work really enjoyed it. looking for full time work in retail. I love to keep busy on my feet always like to make sure am busy.
Pros
half an hour
Cons
part time
Friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
You get to meet lovely staff, a very friendly environment and are understanding in terms of flexibility with students. Hard working staff that don’t get paid as much as they should
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Low pay
Nice place
sale advisor and at the till sometimes (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
At superdrug I was very happy with my team, we was all very kind and friendly. Customers were very rude, but this wasn't a big problem. I was working only weekends.
Pros
30 min free launch
Cons
less payment
It was okay place to work at
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London6 December 2017
I wouldn't really work their again, everyone was nice and very easy to work with and that overall was really great, but if their was only more help then that would have been great, and would have made my life and the customers life a lot more easier, because it's really sad when i find it hard to communicate, and that's something that is important in a work environment.
Pros
Lunches was great a good lunch break
Cons
It's a 9.00 to 5.00 job it was way too long
Unprofessional managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for superdrug and i made a lot of friends there but management was poor and biased. They were unprofessional and rude and only favoured certain staff.
Cons
short hours, low shifts
Active
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I was their for work experience and it required me to be present at 8 o clock and put up displays and make sure that stock where full. overall great experience and lovely staff
Pros
Friendly employees
nice people, poor management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  london putney20 November 2017
Other sales advisors were very friendly and welcoming, the manager was not very good at her job a lot of people left after their first day of working due to her poor management.
Pros
discount card
Cons
poor management
A good place to start if you are unfamiliar with retail work
Store Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
Superdrug is a place where you can start working in retail if you are unfamiliar with work and do not want to be overwhelmed by giants such as Sainsburys. The people are generally very nice and supportive if you are new; in my experience, even though I came in with no previous references, people were willing to show me the ropes and looked like they were genuinely wanting to be helpful as supposed to just having to do it as part of their duty. It is heart warming and I would definitely recommend trying to apply for a place at the Superdrug near you if you are looking for friendly people and enjoyable work.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Generous Breaks
Cons
Manual Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.