Superdrug Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Productive and Rewarding
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands14 August 2017
As most retail jobs, the same routine gets repetitive after a while, however, Superdrug makes you feels like you are gaining a lot from there teachings and also part of the family, which they pride themselves on.

I learned a lot from my time at Superdrug and I can use what I learnt, not just in the workplace but in my everyday life too. The company promotes advancement and if it was not for me being at University, I would of progressed further with the programs they had to offer.

The management is very similar to other companies within the retail sector and you may get rude bosses or too laid back bosses. I worked in a lot of stores throughout my time there and found out that management varies due to the area you are in. City centre, there is a lot of pressure with no time for full training, you learn on the job. Whereas smaller stores you get better training and the ability to succeed further with the steps up. I always advise that if you have experience of a fast paced environment, jump in the deep end, if not, start from the bottom and work your way up.

The hardest part of the job was the pressure you get from Head Office to achieve, not just with sales but with store standards. Regarding store standards, shop moves will take place during school half terms and they will be big moves but in the quiet periods, not much. The company did get more understanding with this but issues still run through the company on this issue.

I enjoyed this job a lot. I was a team leader and was given my own personal tasks to complete and was, on occasions, the highest management
  more... in the store, which I loved. The staff are very friendly and that helps you fit in more. The best part of my job was my invitation to take part in a customer/sales assistant focus group with the CEO.  less
Pros
Discounts, job security and career advancement
Cons
Head office instructions at stupid periods
Good Place to Work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 July 2017
The company is good, you can't complain about the pay and the holiday is decent. The hours are contracted so you can't wont't be missing any hours of work.
productive work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  birmingham26 June 2017
hard working hours which require regular customer service as well as stocking shelves and stock taking. Most enjoyable part is meeting new people and i learnt that a lot of skills are required in this type of environment.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Good place to work overall
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK23 April 2017
Despite the company not caring at all about their staff, rubbish wages, rubbish benefits it's a good job to build your career. I went from a sales assistant to a team leader in less than 3 months. Only issue is they advertise as an equal opportunities company and my store was definitely not suitable for any disabled person.
Pros
Good way to build career
Cons
rubbish wages and benefits
Very good an fun place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 January 2017
Super drug was a very good place to work it was only volunteer as work experience but it was interesting the staff where so nice an easy to get along with they made me feel very comfortable an wasn't so harsh either
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 October 2016
A fun workplace but too much change in the managment and less hours given after a while also was put into shifts without any notice also with the lack of staff and everyone leaving one by one nothing seemed to change about the management
Pros
Good offers
It was too good
Sales/Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 March 2016
Working at superdrug's has given me the opportunity to build up and learn new skills. I have worked in a successful team and treated me very well.
Dont bother
sales (Current Employee) –  Birmingham22 January 2016
Pay is absolutely terrible and so are the hours! There's no benefits working for Superdrug, minus the tiny discount they give you.
Superdrug don't take care of their employees all they care about is money for themselves.
They moan if you don't sell any starbuys or beauty cards (its not the employees fault if a customer doesn't want perfume!)- even if you try your best they put you on review. Wouldn't recommend working for the place at all.
Cons
Hardly any hours, Pay
it was a good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG27 September 2015
all job have their pro's and cons, however superdrugs pro's definitely outweigh their cons. the workplace is friendly and secure and although the hours may be long they are worth it.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham4 July 2015
I gained more confidence than my normal self at superdrug, i enjoyed working with my colleagues
the hardest part of the job was not being able to work on the till
You are on your feet all day
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG29 January 2015
Opportunities exist to bolster your creative side in marketing and selling but mainly you are working to stock the shelves and help customers with their enquiries.
Sales Advisor
Sales/Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG28 October 2014
I have worked really hard and brilliant over the Christmas Tempt at Superdrug. It was an amazing work skills life to work at superdrug
5 Day work experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG22 August 2014
Working at Superdrug was a 5 day work experience which helped me gain a number of skills. these being from communicating with people to stacking the shelves with the products that were to be sold to customers. It helped me understand what working in a major retail company is like and has helped me gain the skills needed to work in these conditions.
Pros
Gained skills
fun at work
Sales Assistance (Former Employee) –  Birmingham2 January 2014
i love working as a team at superdrug
makeing new friends
excellent management
Pros
everyone was helping me when i needed so
Cons
long shift
First Job was most fun and loved the environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG5 November 2013
Giving a warm welcome and building customer relationships is essential also to have a good appearance and great body language, smile is vital and also trying to make sure customers are enjoying their time at the establishment is crucial my duty was to go and ask if they would need and help or if they will need anything also building up a friendly conversation is good for providing good service, I Have learnt how to make customers feel warm and enjoy their experience at the store while I am their keeping them company.
Pros
Discount at the store
Cons
Work Experience
a fun enjoyable place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG20 September 2013
A good healthy and happy environment. Bubbly and helpful people. Enjoyed working as part of a team the most.
Pros
the managers being very flexible and trustworthy.
Cons
same routine, not much more to learn about.
Well managed
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 September 2013
Whilst at work i deal with and hande the needs of the public. My roles included handling customer queries, assisting shop users and handling cash on a day to day basis as I worked as a cashier. I am comfortable using computers. I am able to work well within a team by contributing good advice when completing tasks. I always work hard to achieve and exceed targets given to me. I am able to listen and communicate well with customers and staff. I am very punctual and arrive to work destinations on time. I am reliable, polite, ambitious and friendly person.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 December 2012
On this work placement I would have to stock and face products, stock take and give a good customer service on a typical day. My colleagues were very helpful during my time there and I enjoyed every part of the job.
Pros
gained experience
great workplace
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  birmingham1 October 2012
the main manager and assistant manager where great help to me
on a typical day i would refill shelfs, deal with customers requests and give advice on the products we sell. my co workers were great to me aswekk
Pros
friendly people
Cons
I enjoyed being a strong team member and getting good results, fun and deadication
checkout assistant (Former Employee) –  birmingham30 April 2012
I enjoyed interacting with people, I found it to be a varied role, i.e; multi tasking....such as creating transaction, handling money, ordering stock, dealing with complaints, promoting best sellers, operating a computerised till.
Pros
management was good, and company offered training
Cons
exteneded lunch breaks, less meetings, not enough products updates