Superdrug
Updates from Superdrug:

Superdrug Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,686 reviews
Found 1,686 reviews matching the search
was good but management is zero
was all good until they decided to take me off reach truck just because i pushed an empty pallet in the middle of nowhere with my reach truck. i told them i haven't considered that would be a problem until that moment and i promised i will not do it again but they still decided to make me support the consequences .
Offered Hartley any wotk
Long proses to get in,false promises from management,hardly no work,hard to get awnsers from management about work and being payed.waste of time to work for this company and only the favourites get regular work
ok
low wage
management were ok

staff were nice

I guess it's fine if you wanna work as a pharmacist there but other than that the pay isn't good and certainly not enough for London living
Stressful but challenging in a vaguely terrifying way.
Working at Superdrug I realised retail wasn't for me. The management were decent enough at training but as a whole the expectations were far too great. Unless you can manage to be in 4 places at once, this job is not for you.
Too demanding & Unsupportive
Get used to working above contracted hours every week - No extra Pay !
Unrealistic demands by Area Mgrs - Want a Harrods looking shop on a pound land budget

Expectation is you eat, live and breath for them

No work/life balance

Make sure you push hard for salary at entry point as they are desperate for managers

At best SM role is no different to a Dept Mgr in large retail

Plenty of favouritism amongst AM's and they will push those who massage their ego amongst other things
If you fit, you will do well.
I feel a number of people have allowed their feelings to influence the review they have written. Superdrug is a great place to work, however it is caveated by the "Click" culture.

If you can manage your relationships well, and are good at office politics then you will thrive here.
Fast peac / active
Experience that i have earn from Superdrug is made me bocome a retail manager that have a multi skill level. Strong comercial background. I have came across and have a chance to meet most supportive area manager, fun and loving Team.
Rude people as managment
I used to work at superdrug and I was so happy when I got the job althrough on the phone I was told I only got it as the girl they offered it too did no longer want the job. but I found after a year that management was rude and I was being taken the absolute mick out off
Company procedures not followed
Horrible company to work for. They ask you for loyalty but they give you none if you have worked there for 10 plus years. You can run a department and still only get payed a sales assistant rate. Management have no skills ie communication, how to deal with staff. How to get the best out of staff. Most managers get recruitment by hiring their family members. Company rules are never followed.
BEST young adult job
BEST place I have ever worked. The loveliest team who were supportive and hard workers. We had the most comfortable and friendliest working environment and everyone was understanding and fun! I learnt many skills and watched myself grow and become more confident and sociable. I am forever grateful for my job here and amazing managers and co-workers.
A very good place to work for , busy place and a lot going on so day goes quick , you learn new things everyday
Company cates for their staff .
People are friendly , lots of opportunities to work your self up .

You also have a good discount policy , 30% of on own brand products and 10 % on other products ... there are point system good fir the staff whom sign up on Superdrug pay as you go monthly phone ..
easy
the management was a bit biased from what I have experienced. the pay wasn't too high but overall it was mediocre. I gained two different experiences such as beauty consultant and cashier.
Amazing place to work
I enjoyed working here thoroughly everyone was kind and understanding and always offered to help if ever I needed it great work environment and the layout of the shop is easy to understand and makes it easy to learn where items belong
Poor management, blackmail, over-worked and underpaid
In my two years at Superdrug, I have never seen such poor management. I had a total of 5 different store managers throughout this period and none of them were competent.

For a bit of context, I was a 17 year old attending college on a 4 hour contract but actually put in an average of 30 hours a week.

The last manager I had (the current one in the Exmouth branch) was a bully who regularly put staff down despite them going above and beyond for her. She rarely pulled her weight and was able to get away with doing the bare minimum because the area manager is scared of her. All staff were held to exceptionally high standards, except the manager herself

I was blackmailed by the manager into becoming a team leader/management, which I refused as my education needed to come first and I was already putting in more hours than I could handle. The manager ignored how important my education was and told me that if I did not take the position that she would no longer give me my 30 hours despite her knowing I would not be able to survive if she did this.

There is no regard for staff welfare and nothing to help staff who have on-going conditions. The manager would often belittle her staff on a daily basis for coming to her with their issue by comparing them to those of her disabled child and telling you that you should be thankful to not have to deal with what she does.

Superdrug is the worst employer I have ever worked for and doesn't give a f*** about their employees.

Please save yourself the stress and bullying, do not work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Bullying, overworked and underpaid, zero regard for staff wellbeing, lack of management, blackmail
Fab place to work
Fab place to work! Lovely staff a really friendly bunch always enjoy working. Great for anyone who loves retail manager and assistant managers go above and beyond amazing bunch
Pros
Great environment extra hours
Do not consider
Manager alway hungover and smelling of alcohol, bullying in the work place, your just a number to the company, area manager and regional manager cover problems up, No privacy between manager and employee, if you ring in sick everyone knows about it and you become the talk of work, overall not a great place to work.
It is amazing
Stressful at times but rewarding! Would recommend working there, good progression route! It’s a laugh, good working hours aswell, good pay! Can’t wait to progress
not a fun place
they don't look after workers and don't care if you are ill. if the manager is bad then your life is dead . so don't go to Superdrug if you want better life .
Fun, Caring, Honest
I'm relieved to work for a company that is guaranteeing pay for everyone during Coronavirus and who care about the people who shop for actual essentials (because we do actually sell essentials too!)
Superdrug the fort
Worst management
I’ve ever come across, they do not follow your requirements of hours, they make your time working there a nightmare and pick and choose who they like,

They will ignore you until they need to speak to you. Worst company look for boots
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Worst management team ever
Do not work for this company.
Avoid this company! On the surface they’re great but upper management and head office do not care about employees at all! Hours constantly cut, area managers care too much about bonus to make any kind of positive change and serious health and safety incidents/emails ignored, to the point where staff end up injured! Staff blackmailed and belittled, investigated for things that upper management have decided is their fault even though there is cctv to prove otherwise. Staff forced to work way over their contract and penalised for requesting to just work their contracted hours. No one dares speak up for fear of losing their job or being moved store!
Company fails its employees at every turn, and the ones who want to make change for the better are either ignored or pushed out by corrupt money grabbers. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!