Superdrug Employee Reviews

Fun But Hard Work
Sales Assistant - Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Dalston, UK3 December 2018
Working at superdrugs was fun but, you really have to work hard. You are always on your feet throughout the whole day. You have to take deliveries and also restock shelves when they are needed.
checkout
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 November 2018
I was a customer assistant in superdrug. I was on the checkouts and in the makeup section. the most enjoyable part of the job was in the makeup aisle because I love makeup.
Cons
short hours
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exmouth26 November 2018
A typical day will consist of dealing with customer inquiries, till work and replenishing stock on shelves. A very busy but overall pleasant working environment.
Management don't care
Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands23 November 2018
I worked as a nail tech at Superdrug for 3 months, worst decision I ever made! I did about 5 sets of nails the whole time I was there as they constantly had me on cosmetics with a radio watching for shoplifters. They did not support/advertise the nail bar in the slightest I only applied for the job because it was something I had trained to do but now I wish I had stayed at Primark! They also wanted to send me om training in Croydon when I live in Cannock and would not allow mw to take anybody with me this was ultimately the reason my employment ended as I refused to go...but I was planning on handing in my notice anyway. The only good point is the pay and staff discount.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Management, Job Not As Advertised
Alright
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central, Greater Manchester20 November 2018
People were nice although favouritism was shown by managers hours aren't too bad but breaks are short and unpaid and customers aren't always pleasant to be around

overall good part time work
Pros
30% own brand and 10% discount
Cons
repetitive on tills
Fun and happy place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire19 November 2018
Amazing management and colleagues, makes coming to work enjoyable. 30% staff own branded discount. Many opportunities for progression. I enjoy mostly working on tills.
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester19 November 2018
I really enjoyed working at Superdrug as it was a friendly workplace and I enjoyed helping customers. The staff who I worked alongside were extremely helpful in making me feel welcome and apart of the team.
Enjoyable and exciting
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elephant & Castle Station18 November 2018
i would usually help my coworkers with boxing new items and putting it on the shelves and moving boxes to the warehouse downstairs on other days i helped out at the till,
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil17 November 2018
Work culture is fun and productive.
Management are fair and like to progress in employees future. Pay could be improved. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the products and helping customers find what they want and need. Company discount and perks are good.
Pros
l1`o
Good Money, very poor un-organised and un-cooperative management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon16 November 2018
I have worked for the company well over a year now and over the time there has been 3 different store mangers! When i first started i loved the job, flexible hours and my manager was fabulous. But now i really don't enjoy it, the management is poor and rude with no consideration for you at all, as a full time student i worked here part time so at times it was very hard to balance work and college, superdrug were not helpful with this at all.
The discount is good But i don't want to stay working in an environment where i do not feel welcome.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, short lunch breaks
warehouse op
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire14 November 2018
I stayed in Superdrug Dunstable for about 5 years and enjoyed. Management probably the best you ever could get and collegues are nice people too. Job is hard, but manageable ;)
Pros
team, area, canteen, car park
Cons
heavy lifting
Customer Assistant - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London E1712 November 2018
it's generally busy, always have to keep restocking as few items do either get stolen or is just generally a consumers fav. get told off if items are not placed neatly.
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire12 November 2018
I worked in the Cheshire oaks store and it’s honestly one of the best places to work. I was gutted to have to leave due to health problems. All the staff are lovely and the managers are great!
Pros
Lots of work benefits
Horrible
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 November 2018
You are told a few things then left for the first days,they hardly help you at first it's all confusing and if you ask for,help you it's a big bother, most would get shouted at and sometimes they swear at you so unprofessional.
A week in super drug
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Lincoln6 November 2018
The tasks at hand were ordinary to most retail environments.
Must enjoy providing customer service
willingness to tidy and be well organized
looking presentable and self-care is key to promote sales in the beauty industry
friendly staff
well looked after by management
Pros
friendly staff, relaxed retail environment
Cons
small sized shop
good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford5 November 2018
was only there for 2 weeks for work experience, wasn't the worst but wasn't the best, you need to be on top of your duties and have a smile on your face and when you come across lovely customers its very rewarding
Friendly Team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire2 November 2018
I enjoyed working in Superdrug as it gave me experience and I could see how it is like to speak to customers and help out. It is a responsibility and hard work.
Pros
Friendly Team
Cons
n/a
Fun and ever growing but takes over your life slightly
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lymington31 October 2018
As management this job completely takes over you life and you out a lot of hours in and don’t get anything out. Very little praise and nothing to show for all the extra hours done over your contract. Lovely staff to work with 99% of the time though. Not the worst job but they don’t really care about their staff too much
Pros
Staff discount and lovely coworkers
Cons
Long hours no rewards
short hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London28 October 2018
I have worked very hard and enjoyed the work place I put the best of my ability to get the job done quick and efficiently. I have worked here in a highly organised fashion.
productive work place
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Ham, Greater London27 October 2018
I will be putting putting out stock from the delivery, serving customers on tills and the shop floor, the management at the place are very friendly, the hardest part of the job is finding out where all the products are the most enjoyable part is meeting new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.