Superdrug Employee Reviews

challening
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clapham21 May 2018
poor management, which in turn reflected in the results of he company. staff could be better treated in regards to break times, shifts and pay. would not recommend this job.
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk20 May 2018
Rubbish pay, awful hours, extreme lack of training. I was rota’d in for 3 hour shifts which is a joke and then disciplined for not knowing things when I received no training whatsoever.

The manager went on holiday the day after I started properly and no one else thought to show me how to do my job so I had to wing it as best I could.

My shifts would be changed without it being focussed with me or without me even being told so I would show up for a shift I thought I had only to find it had been swapped and I’d wasted my time going there.

Awful place to work, don’t do it even if you’re desperate your better off in McDonald’s.
Pros
None whatsoever - even the discounts were rubbish.
Cons
Everything, bad pay, bad management, always expected to stay after hours for no more pay, mean staff
Hours are good for students.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton19 May 2018
Superdrug is good for a first job, the hours are good for students, I worked Saturday and Sunday but only for 4 hours on Sunday so I could still enjoy my weekends. Unfortunately the management I had was awful, there was a lot of inequality and judgement but I understand that not every store is like this and they pay was £4 something an hour..
Pros
Good first time job
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 May 2018
I was a very young teenagers when i had work experience here, however, it had helped me feel much more confident around customers and made me feel very independent.
productive and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London14 May 2018
a lot of different cultures working together, your given a chance to understand and feel different opinions and you also develop new terms in agreements.
Pros
home brand discount
Cons
very physical
Fun but hard working
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London13 May 2018
Superdrug's new Head Office in Croydon is a fun and vibrant place to work. Everybody does their best and works hard to achieve optimum results for the brand.
Pros
Discounted beauty treatments and a great cafe for lunch
Cons
Very busy environment
Good First Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wallington13 May 2018
Days at work can become repetitive, good if you enjoy routine.
Helpful at basic retail training. Minimum wages are paid, and discount in OK. Work is enjoyable depending on area you work in and management team also.
Pros
discount, competitions to win prizes, good team environment
Cons
Low wages
Effective and Produvtive
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
Superdrug has given me the knowledge how to assist the customers gently and politely. The company teaches me how a person can be disciplined and organise himself.
Pros
Higher Discount
Cons
Short hours
hated it
SALES ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire10 May 2018
was my first job

pay awful

management made me feel stupid when I didn't know how do something even though id never been shown

couldn't even remember my name
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire8 May 2018
no communications or help, they don't rally care what you do unless you go for long breaks then they do.
they are not friendly
they don't have good security
Pros
long break
Cons
people
Supportive and enjoyable
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay1 May 2018
I worked over the Christmas period and despite this being relatively stressful, there was always an enjoyable aspect. Every member of staff was supportive and genuine.
Awful company to work for, read the reviews beforehand
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire1 May 2018
Where do I start..
The company has no compassion at all, are not helpful around childcare schedules, not supportive to their staff, they could not care less about how they are constantly dragging the staff down. They like to victimise staff by shouting and swearing at them on a daily basis. I wish I had took on board all of the reviews before leaving my previous employer. Avoid at all costs
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Awful management team
good way to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Street29 April 2018
it was really good for work experience. it is where i learnt how to deal with customers and learnt time management and problem solving skills and where i learnt how it feels to work
New lorries, bad management,
Lorry Driver Class 1 (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire29 April 2018
Change yours hours instantly, you never know your rota, they sent to you sms with start time day after, if not you off.
Frends receive better trips and more hrs.
When you need change working days or hrs always problem, but you must be always ready for him.
Pros
new lories, great shops safety sheet
Cons
start times, management, you are sleeve nod human, just number
Most unprofessional manager ever.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley27 April 2018
A very uncomfortable place to be. The current manager is very unprofessional and malipulative. Had to eventually leave because of feeling picked on and Left feeling insecure about my mental health. Honestly the worst person to ever work for in my experience (and I’m not the only one to think this either) I wouldn’t even rate the managent a 1 If I didn’t have to.
Cons
The manager x
friendly and up beat place to work,
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick25 April 2018
When I worked there I enjoyed my work life and I also enjoyed my home life it was an equal balance for me at the time due to commitments with school. Good place to work however very irritating getting constant paper cuts.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks long hours
Positive benefits but no work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 April 2018
As an assistant manager you have a tendency to work 45+ hours a week, sometimes 60 once a month on 'promotion change over' however you're contracted to 39 and no offer of overtime or days back! Working every weekend is a must unless you request it off on holdiay. No work life balance! You can get promoted quickly and they have a scheme to help progress you onto management
There's a lot of stress on ensuring everything is right at all times, sometimes there is a fear of doing something wrong that's so silly incase you get a disciplinary! You forget to sign one tiny thing and if thar creeps up on audit you can get into a lot of trouble.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Long hours, no overtime
Great
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saffron Walden24 April 2018
Superdrug is the best retail job i ever had, everything was good about it, if i didn't have to leave, i wouldn't have. If i lived closer i would still be there. The people are great, good hours, good job! Not the easiest retail job but that is what made every day exciting.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Long distance.
Good place to start but nothing else
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex21 April 2018
If you're starting off with the working world this is a great place but unfortunately, some of the managers are quite rude. The other staff are polite depending on what branch you're working in.
Pros
Discounts on Own Brand Products up to 30% and 10% on other Brands
Cons
Rude Managers
Horrible
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire16 April 2018
Was a horrible place to work. My manager was so horrible i wasn't the only one that left.

Days are very long and hard work. I would say the hardest part of the job was that the company was very demanding.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.