Play YouTube video button

United Kingdom120 reviews
Featured review
Sunrise Senior Living selected this as a representative review
Good job culture
Fun work place. Family atmosphere. All staff from all departments are friendly to each other. Staff are reliable and helpful. Management is OK too. Good holiday period.
Official response from Sunrise Senior Living
19 May 2020
Many thanks for your fantastic review and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Sunrise. All the best for the future.

Regards

Sunrise Recruitment Team
Awful place
Had the misfortune of working here, quickly discovered it's got a 'cult' mentality. Bullying, two faced carers, all want to be to be top dog! Avoid at all costs!
Awful
They recruit staff on a daily basis, very poor staff retention, horrible shift hours. Very low pay. Very stressful management. The residents were amazing in there. Staff have good working spirits but the management is nothing to write home about. Please resign and quit their jobs on a daily basis.
I love working at sunrise Senior Living
I work at sunrise and the staff are amazing, always smiling and happy, It is a very busy role but if your prepared to put the work in you will love it.
Official response from Sunrise Senior Living
19 May 2020
Many thanks for your fantastic review, our team members are amazing!

Regards

Sunrise Recruitment Team
Horrendous
The care staff are struggling. When they complain, they are told that the numbers of staff on the floor are safe. Not true. People are not getting good care because carers have too many residents to look after. If anything goes wrong, the carer is blamed. Seniors are stressed out. The night staff senior carer should be promoted, she’s excellent, she speaks to and treats carers like human beings. If she sees you make a mistake, she tells you nicely about your mistake and how to improve. If she was the manager, sunrise would be a good place to work. Unfortunately other people will talk down at you and make you feel like a criminal for making a mistake. Everyone there is miserable and wants to leave. The care staff are not supportive of one another, they are constantly lying on each and reporting one another for stupid things. A day at sunrise is tough. I felt like a failure everyday for putting myself in a position where I’m disrespected, unappreciated and exploited. If you want to be exploited and underpaid then sunrise would be the perfect place to work.
Management need to change
After 13.6 years at sunrise all i got was false promises all because i was not a yes miss i must of being doing my job to be there that long so sad that new staff are treated a lot better than the old staff who have the care experience and the knowledge to be great carers and leaders to progress this company because without the cares and leaders there would be No Sunrise
Management are disgusting
Staffing levels are ridiculous management couldn’t care less they just care about filling rooms and their pockets. Wellbeing are a waste of space and don’t care about the residents. I don’t know of any care assistant I’m there that isn’t currently looking for a new job. Management are bully’s and any problem always becomes the Carers fault. The place is riddled with bed bugs in residents rooms.
DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A HUMAN BEING
Toxic
The general manager is nice. She seems to be trying her best. Unfortunetly, other people such as the business coordinator is extremely rude to carers and very condescending. She bullied people so badly that they left their job. Carers are exhausted and their hard work is not appreciated. In fact all they hear is that they aren't good enough. That's why people are leaving.
Very nice place to work
Very good place to work staff may not be friendly but you will enjoy working at sunrise and their benefits are good,they train you and support you through your journey working with the company..
An absolute shambles
This is an American owned company that is corrupt right to the core. You are undervalued treated like a moron and the atmosphere is totally toxic. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Fantastic to work, but have to be on the ball with everything in the care industry.
No home life , married to the job. Thus worked for about 11years
Excellent job satisfaction with no two days the same. Constant challenge

Responsible for all the residents, staff together with maintaining and recruiting. Responsible forall regulations in the care industry, but loved every minute I was there
Poor management, bullies,awful.
Poor management, lack of communication, no training not respect at all very racist and so very bullying, not a good place to work. I can not recommend.
Workload and unsatisfactory salary
Working at Sunrise was not a bad experience but the company is more focused on making profit that looking after it’s employees. Salary was unsatisfactory comparing with the workload you had to do. You had to do way more than your job description and you would never could exceed expectations from management point of view. Always short staffed and persuaded to work extra houts which lead to exhaustions
Good
Good company to work with. Lots of good learning and good team. Employees working here are happy. I enjoy working here and looking for new challenges.
Collaborative workplace
As a volunteer, the staff were helpful, however residents were not too welcoming. Most of the were fine, however there were some that were inconsiderate towards staff.
unsupportive and treated unfairly
bad management, no support, bad place to work for. spoken to like i was not a human. the staff are over worked, not a happy place to work in. large over turn of staff
Good company to work for
Money isnt the best but they give you lots of opportunities to grow and lots of training courses to develop your skills and knowledge . Mostly good management and fair
Awful
Over worked and under paid cover ups and bad practice a normal thing residents not given the proper amount of time or effort needed to maintain a good standard of living. Management were awful
Really enjoyed my time at sunrise
When I worked at sunrise the management were very fair and supporting I really enjoyed my time at sunrise lovely mix of staff and cultures lots of lovely residents
Pros
Nice working atmosphere
Cons
Not always 4 on a shift
Was good
Staff are fun to work with. The working environment is okay to work. It is quite motivating to come to work in an environment where you enjoy working .
The worst place to work
I worked there for about 2-3 months and the level of stress was so much I just couldn't cope with it anymore. Only old staff working there and they are undermining the new staff just because they look young and not based on their actual experience. I felt unaprecciated and I was made to feel incompetent and mainly undermined a lot of the time and that happened only between RGN's not talking about the care staff, which by the way, were nice. I wouldn't go back ever in my life.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.