Play YouTube video button

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

United Kingdom129 reviews
Featured review
Sunrise Senior Living selected this as a representative review
Fun work place. Family atmosphere. All staff from all departments are friendly to each other. Staff are reliable and helpful. Management is OK too. Good holiday period.
19 May 2020
Many thanks for your fantastic review and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Sunrise. All the best for the future.

Regards

Sunrise Recruitment Team
Lovely place to work friendly staff everyone works as a team . Managers door always open if you need help with anything . Its so nice when you see the residents smile and happy and you know you are making a difference . would definitely recommend sunrise as a place to work no matter what role you do we all work together . Lots of training and always kept upto date .
Pros
you can choose long or short shifts, nice atmosphere, very good training and support
Day to day work is ok. no support from management it's just all about seeing to tick boxes. You will get on if you agree with the management and dont put obstacles in their way
Pros
Good colleagues and wonderful residents and support from ground floor colleagues
Cons
No support from home management or above unless your face fits
stressful cannot wind down when you go home
on your feet all the shift doing 2 persons job s cos always short staffed

Staff not willing to help left to your own devices
Pros
Cons
not a likeable place
I loved some of my co-workers and I like the manager too but for the sake of my mental wellbeing, I had to go. I left not only because of the stress but also the bullying. Some of the coordinators seem to enjoy demeaning carers. I think it's because they view us as below them but sunrise wouldn't exist without us. We don't mind constructive criticism. However, don't treat and speak to us like slaves. stop nitpicking and talking to carers like they're brainless. I don't know if it's racism or they're just generally awful people. They treat colored people worse, that I know for sure. It's disgusting.
I have worked at Sunrise of Mobberley for just over a year now and think it's a brilliant place to work compared to other homes where I've worked. There are options to do qualifications with full support to complete my diploma and a couple of us planning on going on to do our nurse training. The home is quite posh and on a typical day its hard work but very rewarding, with hard work recognised by the managers and you get thanks for doing a good job. We've had free meals, cakes and sweets along with bottles of prosecco if we win employee of the month and you are asked for suggestions for how we can be better as a Home. Plenty of staff are on duty with everyone friendly and willing to help each other out. Deputy Manager is ace and brings her dog to work which is good for the residents, who are lovely, and the Manager is nice and always out and about checking everything is okay and if there are any problems, the office ladies will help yu. They are all approachable and friendly and the most enjoyable part of the job is the team spirit and feeling like you are doing your best. I would recommend Mobberley as a brilliant place to work
15 June 2020
Hello,
Many thanks for the lovely comment, I'm pleased to hear about the support with qualifications and the fantastic job the Deputy Manager and General Manager are doing to build a great team spirit. #alloneteam.
Lovely place to work, great team members in different departments. Residents make your day, atmosphere is great. All like a big family
Culture much improved.
Pros
Team Work, team benefits, lovely residents and relatives.
Cons
Senior management that visit don’t acknowledge the work you do.
15 June 2020
Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful comment about your fantastic experience at Sunrise of Bramhall. Our residents and colleagues are great! #alloneteam.
I have worked at Sunrise of Bramhall for nearly two years and I couldn’t ask for a better more fulfilling job. The care team are outstanding their devotion and passion shines through each and every single day. The manager is exceptional and a true leader, she is always helpful and wants everyone to excel in their roles as she knows a happy team = happy residents. All the managers are happy to work alongside the care team and are always chatting with the residents and putting their needs at the forefront of everything.
5 June 2020
Thank you for your wonderful comment, so lovely to hear about your experience at Sunrise of Bramhall.

Jen Walker

Head of Marketing
I like working at Bramhall its different to other care places because they care differently for the residents.
we can join in with the residents and play games.

we have a bistro area were the residents like to sit.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
parking
5 June 2020
Thank you for your comment, its great to hear about your positive experience working at Sunrise of Bramhall.

Kind regards

Sunrise Recruitment Team
I feel supported by the other nurses and colleagues from different departments. Very fast pace and always something to do. Very good training. Salary on time and great benefits.
5 June 2020
Thank you for your lovely comment about Sunrise of Purley. It's fantastic to hear of your positive experience with us, the good training and great benefits available.

Kind regards

Sunrise Recruitment Team
Had the misfortune of working here, quickly discovered it's got a 'cult' mentality. Bullying, two faced carers, all want to be to be top dog! Avoid at all costs!
They recruit staff on a daily basis, very poor staff retention, horrible shift hours. Very low pay. Very stressful management. The residents were amazing in there. Staff have good working spirits but the management is nothing to write home about. Please resign and quit their jobs on a daily basis.
I work at sunrise and the staff are amazing, always smiling and happy, It is a very busy role but if your prepared to put the work in you will love it.
19 May 2020
Many thanks for your fantastic review, our team members are amazing!

Regards

Sunrise Recruitment Team
The care staff are struggling. When they complain, they are told that the numbers of staff on the floor are safe. Not true. People are not getting good care because carers have too many residents to look after. If anything goes wrong, the carer is blamed. Seniors are stressed out. The night staff senior carer should be promoted, she’s excellent, she speaks to and treats carers like human beings. If she sees you make a mistake, she tells you nicely about your mistake and how to improve. If she was the manager, sunrise would be a good place to work. Unfortunately other people will talk down at you and make you feel like a criminal for making a mistake. Everyone there is miserable and wants to leave. The care staff are not supportive of one another, they are constantly lying on each and reporting one another for stupid things. A day at sunrise is tough. I felt like a failure everyday for putting myself in a position where I’m disrespected, unappreciated and exploited. If you want to be exploited and underpaid then sunrise would be the perfect place to work.
After 13.6 years at sunrise all i got was false promises all because i was not a yes miss i must of being doing my job to be there that long so sad that new staff are treated a lot better than the old staff who have the care experience and the knowledge to be great carers and leaders to progress this company because without the cares and leaders there would be No Sunrise
Staffing levels are ridiculous management couldn’t care less they just care about filling rooms and their pockets. Wellbeing are a waste of space and don’t care about the residents. I don’t know of any care assistant I’m there that isn’t currently looking for a new job. Management are bully’s and any problem always becomes the Carers fault. The place is riddled with bed bugs in residents rooms.
DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A HUMAN BEING
The general manager is nice. She seems to be trying her best. Unfortunetly, other people such as the business coordinator is extremely rude to carers and very condescending. She bullied people so badly that they left their job. Carers are exhausted and their hard work is not appreciated. In fact all they hear is that they aren't good enough. That's why people are leaving.
Very good place to work staff may not be friendly but you will enjoy working at sunrise and their benefits are good,they train you and support you through your journey working with the company..
This is an American owned company that is corrupt right to the core. You are undervalued treated like a moron and the atmosphere is totally toxic. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
No home life , married to the job. Thus worked for about 11years
Excellent job satisfaction with no two days the same. Constant challenge

Responsible for all the residents, staff together with maintaining and recruiting. Responsible forall regulations in the care industry, but loved every minute I was there
Poor management, lack of communication, no training not respect at all very racist and so very bullying, not a good place to work. I can not recommend.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.