12 hour shifts sometimes longer If there is a fall and or accident. Care assistants are entitled to a hour break but in my 6 months of working there I only was allowed it once. Due to short staffing breaks are rare sometimes only 15 minutes all day. Lots of pressure due to understaffing and staff exhaustion, many people signed off sick.
Shift times are changing ask before you take a job!
Community dependant and department dependant they aren't all the same- they are flexible.
Care - day shifts are split at about 7 hours as well as 12 hours. A lot of communities don't promote 12 hour shifts regularly so not to tire out staff. Shifts split into earlies, lates and nights.
Housekeeping - generally in between 6am - 4.30pm
Concierge - from 8am-8pm
Kitchen - 7am- 7.30pm
Management - on a duty rota from 9am - 8pm but generally 9-5.30pm
Maintenance- 6am - 3pm
Activities - 10-4.30pm
They are also really good with their staff who are new mothers - they've offered short shifts to some team members where available to help with childcare and getting people back to work.
12 hour shifts with a 30 minute break anywhere between 14-17 pm.
- How should you prepare for an interview at Sunrise Senior Living?5 people answered
- What is the dress code at Sunrise Senior Living?4 people answered
- Do the conciege have to work weekends4 people answered
- What is Sunrise Senior Living sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?3 people answered
- How does someone get hired at Sunrise Senior Living? What are the steps along the way?3 people answered
- How long would the company take to let us know if we have got the job3 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Sunrise Senior Living?3 people answered
- Does Sunrise Senior Living require pre-employment background checks? What kind of background check d…3 people answered
- Do they have in house training3 people answered
- What is pay date3 people answered