Sunfield Children's Home

Sunfield Children's Home Employee Reviews

I came to this school on agency work. Absolutely lovely school and staff. The staff were amazing and looked after me while I was working. Every single staff member had a smile on their face and always spoke. Lovely place to be. Thank you Sunfield for the wonderful experience!
Pros
Free food, lovely staff
Cons
Challenging behaviour
Great company to work for...lots of great changes since RMT took over - lots of exciting plans for future development . Site is beautiful. Friendly staff who always help each other out.
Pros
Site, staff
On my induction to Sunfield I was greeted by a collection of managers and receptionist who couldn’t of been more welcoming. The first two weeks of working were training days, which enabled me to feel at ease and get to grips with the job role I was offered with a large array of training courses. Having not done this line of work before so I was apprehensive. However, I shouldn’t have worried as ALL staff made me extremely welcome and gave me the confidence and help I needed.
Pros
Competitive salary, family feel and rewarding career
Having invested much of my career life at Sunfield. I can safely say it is at its best currently. Ruskin Mill Trust have made some fantastic changes to the provision since taking over. I feel I have been well supported by management through challenges and moral is excellent as everyone pulls together for the needs of the child.
Pros
Wonderful environment and development opportunities
Cons
Quite remote for those who don’t drive
I ve been with Sunfield for a long time. Frankly speaking, firstly I would replace The Head of Care as she has no clue what to do, and what is going on on Care. You will never see her helping down the houses. She is always hiding in her office. Generally useless person. Secondly the number of children with challenging behaviour and mental health issues is alarming. It is more like Rathouse. Staff w
Pros
Farm, grounds
I did enjoy working for sunfield but my job was made redundant when they were took over by new owners . L would of still been there if I had not been made redundant. I have tried to get another job there but never made it to the interviews which was sad
Working with students 2:1 on a daily basic to help them learn life skills. Students come into school do circle time before having free time. Staff then do 1:1 tasks through out the day with the students with free time mixed in before going to dinner where staff sit with students and eat with them before putting them onto their taxis to go home.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very challenging behavior