Sun Inn

Sun Inn Employee Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews
Great don't
Place to work if you are looking for stability and guaranteed work. Good pay. You have plenty of input and a share of the tips. Would recommend
Very friendly and very professional place to work. Really enjoyed working here and the way he’s are really good. I would high recommend working here and would defo work here again.
Pros
Endless pros
Cons
Not a lot of hours
I loved the experience working at the sun inn I worked on the bar and Leant a lot of new things. I also got to interact with the customers, explain new drinks
The environment wasn't very friendly and the manager did not explain the full requirements of the job. Customers were also not friendly.
Miscommunication of the job's requirements and needs, was not told this until two weeks in and then quit due to believing I did not have the experience for the role (despite being told this was fine) and they would not offer any training.
Fast busy and stressful kitchen .
long days and nights

no life

management need be sorted in the kitchen.

hardest part of the job getting more staff help out
The Sun Inn in Clun now looking for a part time cook to cover mainly lunchtime, Mondays off.
Excellent place to work for right candidate, working in great team.
Owners do not care about their staff. Just how many hours they can get them to work for as little money with as little breaks as they can get away with. 12 hour shifts, sometimes more with a 30 min break all day! Always advertising for staff coz everyone leaves because of the poor management by owners. Avoid.... you'll just be looking for another job in a few weeks!
I felt very uncomfortable by the way I was spoke to an the atmosphere in the work place,I loved the job when I first started but it went down hill when I missed a day off because a relatives death
Pros
I met lovely clients and customers
Cons
Staff
The owners don’t care about the staff and are expected to work 11 - 12 hour shifts at 16 years of age and only get 30 min break which is appalling. Bar staff and owners talk to you very inappropriately . Really don’t recommend working here.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sun Inn?
Owners do not give a monkeys about staff, expected to work 12-13 hours a day for no appreciation, Xmas day for single time and it is horrendous. I would never work here again, u are recorded 24/7 and it gets rewound and replayed so the owners can watch your every move and listen to your every word
Pros
Cons
See above
Really love it here.
Well organised, friendly and busy.

Was given a good introduction by the owner and then the manager in charge. There was a lot to learn at first but then after a while it all makes sense.
Pros
Good Team Good Pay Good Customrs
Cons
Not enough hours which is why I'm looking for a new job. Also manager doesn't know what she's doing as well as the person running it. They also ignore you when asking questions about work or shout and swear and throw things at you and they fire people without even telling them so there's always a sense of paranoia, wondering when your last day is.
Pros
Good laugh
Cons
Organisation
all the staff are really easy to work with and all work hard as part of a team to get the job done. this makes the job very enjoyable and fun. Another bonus is that pub offers welcoming and very friendly customers. who you are able to have banter with and enjoy a good conversation with and you seen them more as friends then customers
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
the owner was rude often refused to pay workers of payed less than earned, staff were abused and mistreated and often spoken to in appalling manners to the point we all walked out as no one deserved to be treated like that
Pros
Cons
everything
fun place to work, slow at times, friendly people always in and out the door and meeting new people who drive through the village.
The team leaders in the Sun Inn are very disorganized and frequently found their social lives more important than their job.

The team leaders gave insufficient to other staff members so during working hours the Pub was chaos.

i always heard team members and staff members talking about other staff members in very impolite ways and bullying them behind there backs.
Pros
Cons
stressful
I arrive at work for 9:30am and spend 3 hours preparing food and setting up for service. Mostly making a variety of cakes, creams/ mousses, soft set desserts such as pannacotta and small complementaries such as truffles, biscuits. I have learnt a lot of basic cookery skills independently, simply by following instructions and recipes. Service runs from 12pm-3pm with an A la Carte menu alongside the Classics and Sandwiches. I have learnt about fine dining cookery skills and how gastro pubs function efficiently. The evening shift runs from 5:30-9 before a clear down. I prefer the evening shifts there was often a wider range of food being ordered. As Co-workers we all chip in around the kitchen and lend a hand when needed. Very rarely is there confrontation or tension between members of staff. The hardest part of my job is the tedious and repetitive nature of menial tasks. It makes the stressful times much harder work. I enjoy the the satisfaction of a job done well and the appreciation often received in return.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Paying for all food
I cleaned the areas and stock up the shelves. I was responsible for the barrels and cleaning the lines. While the pub was open I chatted to the customers and made them feel at home also cash handling when taking orders. We worked as a team but on occassions I worked on my own responsible when manager was not available for the running of the bar. On occassions i was involved in maintaining the security when difficult situations occured with patrons. I enjoyed meeting new people and when the team matches took place is served a varied of age groups. I was always involved in the organising of the games nights this created a good atmosphere. I gained a lot of new skills from this position which i believe can be utilised into any job role.
Pros
Being busy meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours of work
The typical day at work was to clean the dishes that was frequent, I also had to clean the whole kitchen and help bring in deliveries. I learned about the kitchen rules and health and safety of using the cleaning equipment. I also expanded my knowledge of working within an experienced kitchen team and enjoyed the challenge and the pressure that I was put under to get everything done on time and to the satisfaction of my superiors. Management within the kitchen was great but out with there was some issues.
Pros
Free dinner when it was able and had time to eat.
Cons
Long hours without brakes
A typical day at work would mainly be washing up and cleaning the kitchen. The best part of the job was probably eating the food the cheif made and serving people.
Pros
Free dinners
I come to work in time with complete uniform.

I learned how to rotate stocks, in order to start the day I had to do my mise en place. My daily routine is a good practice so that during the very service I never get stuck. Preparation is a key to work the business effectively.

managing - I always start what are the priority task to do this way it's much more efficient to get a lot of task done.

I help my colleague when I know they are stuck.

the hardest part is when the equipment is hard to reach up/over so, I have to asked for assistant from somebody else.

the most enjoyable part is that when I know I have done the task that I was assigned and that enjoy relaxing knowing I have done well
Pros
free lunch
Cons
block drain