Sugarman Medical

Sugarman Medical Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom60 reviews
Good when there are shifts available. Management ok but sometimes unapproachable. Pay is industry average. Mandatory training provided. Like any other agencies, work come and go.
The management are good.srtugling to get shift some times, you are never guarantee shift. Good place to work, but sometimes not enough jobs. Low rate for the job type of position
The management are good and friendly. but there are no career prospects in the job. Good place to work, but sometimes not enough jobs. Enjoyable but low rate .
Unorganised and stressful could be better but have lovely clients to work with. Clients are farr away from eachother to travel to and is not worth the travel time. Need to be longer calls. No support for carers and is all about the money for them.
When I started sugarman I was always getting shifts they was very fair in distribution of hours and the pay was fairly good too some shifts offering higher hourly rate. The staff at sugarman are a good group and the manger is also fair and does know most of the staff there. I will always recommend sugarman to friends and family who say they need a flexible job and good pay, thanks for having me and if I ever need a flexible role again I will definitely come back.
Working with sugarman Health and Wellbeing was an experience worthwhile. This improved my people skills and gained some work experience which I can use in other disciplines.

Nevertheless, it could have been more helpful If the hourly wages where increased to help meet up with the cost of living expenses in London.
Pick were you want to work and the areas
Management are good and there is always work hourly rate could be better as some places you work earn more than you but the staff think you earn more than them
I have been working at Workplace for 3 years.
Work life balance is good with flexible hours and a nice staff.
I enjoy working there, I work as a temporary and I like it.
In my opinion £8.50-9.00 for skilled social care is not good pay, there are those companies, that readily pay £10-12. I was lied to about pay rates several times, only to find my payslip contradicted their claims. They often called me with work, sent confirmation, then cancelled at the last minute. I would not recommend this company.
Applied and supposedly would have many hours, kept getting calls months later for work 30+ miles away. Was constantly told there were plenty hours in my and surrounding area. Spent money on PVG, uniform, travelling, training for 2 days. All a waste of time, DON'T BOTHER APPLYING AS THEY ARE AT IT AS FAR AS OFFERING HOURS, THEY JUST WANT PEOPLE ON THEIR BOOKS, MAKES THEM LOOK GOOD
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Everything about company, lies
sugarman health and well being are a professional and well organised company. it has been a pleasure to work and advance my career with sugarman health and well being.
Pros
good stndard of care
Cons
Business is very organised, everyone got along together. All females. Salary is good. Friendly and catastrophic atmosphere. Would like to work here again.
Office staff no life skills at all some have terrible attitude chop and change hourly rate then you dont get it if you put in a complaint about a place they brush it under the carpet as they are more commited to their clients than the care that is given to the residents they have their favourites best jobs go out to them.they dont like you moving on if you do work for these ask rate of pay before you except job on that shift check wage slip every week consider the distance you travel before exceping a shift you may not get home till after 11.30 at night
Pros
Meeting new staff
Cons
Travel distance hourly rate 7.50 most jobs days and nights
Brilliant place to work the staff are helpful and always happy!
Great benefits such as good holiday allowance and also high street discounts.

Great support from management.
Pros
Great on call service, good pay
A typical day could be anything as Sugarman have a very broad work amount to offer
That there is a vast and thriving work placement available

Always approachable

The hardest part of the job is that you can be away for long hours, away from your family
The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of work they offer
Pros
variety and regular work
Cons
long hours away from home
After dealing with alot of agencies while looking for a job, Sugarman in Essex really went the extra mile to help. They put me through all related training free of charge, Assisted me in applying for a DBS and then ensured they found me work around my availability. Highly recommend.
Pros
Helpfull, Great career progression available
Cons
Wages were average ( £9.50 ph )
Worked for Sugarman for a few months last year whilst studying at college part time, however i soon left when i got hardly any work from them. Management can come across quite unprofessional at times as well. Rates of pay were OK. There are definitely better agencies to work for out there.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lack of shifts
Really happy with the service, quick turn around and had lots of work offered to me.
Would recommend to anyone looking for full time or part time hours.
Great agency to work for, Lots of different positions available and assigned your own consultant upon registration. I am now in a permanent position which I was introduced to by the Essex branch.

Pay rates are fair as unlike some agencies they don't have set pay rates. Each client is assessed and pay rates are set accordingly reflecting the challenge of the roles.
Pros
Good pay rates
Cons
Some shifts can be short notice
Unsafe job security, not great salary
Nice people with not great communication skills
Room for improvement

Unstable environment

Difficult in sorting out problems