Sugarman Medical

Sugarman Medical Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker28 reviews
United Kingdom28 reviews
Not the best company I’ve ever worked for however I was agency, the office staff are quite unorganised and would ring you whilst on shift asking to go to another shift which was frustrating.
Good when there are shifts available. Management ok but sometimes unapproachable. Pay is industry average. Mandatory training provided. Like any other agencies, work come and go.
Awful Company, unprofessional staff, never paid on time let me without money right before Christmas, I said many times to the so called consultant that I can only work nights he keep sending me day shifts even now at half 9 pm sent me a text can you work in half hour then called me!!! I let go another agency because I was promised plenty of work shame on you wait you dont have any that is why you keep doing it, I wrote a letter of complaint to the head office in London still waiting for an answer, stay away people!!
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Office staff very friendly and helpful. Good rate of pay. Responsive to any problems or concerns. Only bad thing (but you have it with most home care agencies) if your client goes into hospital you might not get enough hours.
Pros
Good pay, supportive and friendly, a single place of work
Cons
Zero hour contract
The jb involves working with adults and young people with autism and challenging behaviours to live independently in their own home and to socialize in the community
The staff working at the offices are awful to try to talk to always laughing and joking away in the background while you’re trying your best to get more than one shift that week!

Training was a joke

Half their clients are clients that no one else will take because the clients are either abusive towards carers or the staff at the homes are awful
Unorganised and stressful could be better but have lovely clients to work with. Clients are farr away from eachother to travel to and is not worth the travel time. Need to be longer calls. No support for carers and is all about the money for them.
I was injured in work by my client while working for them and I was treated really badly by the company after the incident as a result I wasnt offered suitable work and as a result I was pushed out of the company
When I started sugarman I was always getting shifts they was very fair in distribution of hours and the pay was fairly good too some shifts offering higher hourly rate. The staff at sugarman are a good group and the manger is also fair and does know most of the staff there. I will always recommend sugarman to friends and family who say they need a flexible job and good pay, thanks for having me and if I ever need a flexible role again I will definitely come back.
Working with sugarman Health and Wellbeing was an experience worthwhile. This improved my people skills and gained some work experience which I can use in other disciplines.

Nevertheless, it could have been more helpful If the hourly wages where increased to help meet up with the cost of living expenses in London.
Pick were you want to work and the areas
Management are good and there is always work hourly rate could be better as some places you work earn more than you but the staff think you earn more than them
Always prompt and responsive.
As an agency they were a good employer, They sorted out an issues quickly eg making sure time sheets were in and all payments were on time
I have been working at Workplace for 3 years.
Work life balance is good with flexible hours and a nice staff.

I enjoy working there, I work as a temporary and I like it.
When I was recruited I was told that there would be plenty of work for me if my client went into hospital. This happened and there was no work and I ended up chasing shifts. I was extremely stressed at having no wages!
BEWARE if not many packages in your area! This job is really a zero hour contract. Constantly being messed around, now looking for new job!
Applied and supposedly would have many hours, kept getting calls months later for work 30+ miles away. Was constantly told there were plenty hours in my and surrounding area. Spent money on PVG, uniform, travelling, training for 2 days. All a waste of time, DON'T BOTHER APPLYING AS THEY ARE AT IT AS FAR AS OFFERING HOURS, THEY JUST WANT PEOPLE ON THEIR BOOKS, MAKES THEM LOOK GOOD
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Everything about company, lies
Working in Glasgow as a Support Workers and I find the team to be amazing. Everyone is so helpful and I often pop in for a chat and quick coffee with the team. Great communication within the branch and support team.

My rate of pay varies depending on who we are working with and having worked for various agency’s in the past I can assure you the rate of pay is the same if not slightly more. I was given no false pretences when I started and Emily explained everything to me. My pay is always paid on time and if there ever has been an error the team will ensure it’s quickly sorted unlike other agencies.

From the interview stage the team were very professional and this has continued during my time with the office.

Well done Glasgow Team for making me really happy and feeling valued within your team and well done for having such a variety of training offer to the staff team and clients.
Pros
Pay, training and members of the team
Cons

Pros
Pay, training and members of the team
Cons
Don’t know is managing this office but oh my god! They couldn’t run an ice cream van never mind a healthcare company. Promised phone calls which you never get back! The new admin that deals with shifts with a American accent is awful and by god some attitude on her. Worst rates of pay to ever give someone, would avoid this company at all costs...
Pros
Cons
Bad mangemnt, attitude
Lots of hours and very supportive staff in the Reading office. High work culture and well established services that you get opportunity to work at. Friendly and approachable office staff.
I Have worked for this company for three whole years to date, and i still work for them, i do support work, with adults who have special needs, this is my honest view on working for Sugarman Health & Well Being Health & Social Care Agency. i always got lots of work, when i needed it, was never short of work, its one of the busiest agencies i have ever worked for and i have worked for at least 5 Local Care Agencies, i really loved the variety of the care and support work roles, i was able to experience, in this employment i learned more new experiences, to add to what i had already Know, so i gained even more valuable hands-on experiences, which was great. The hours are very flexible night shifts, day shifts evenings or afternoon work is available, hours to suit all workers, giving you more time to yourself in your day, many different types of work, you get to meet a lot of people you support. You choose when you will work and when you won't work. you just give your availability each week, the days or nights you want to work, you can fit work around your life and not around your employer, which is great. Also, This company offers free regular employment training, and they give you your certificates for free. I have Always thought this is a great Agency to work for, all the office staff are friendly and very helpful as are your co colleagues who you will sometimes deliver support work with. This Agency is one of the Largest and busiest and is best as a provider, they provide you with help or advice if you need it at the end of the phone. They are a Top Agency and by far the best - more...
Pros
You need to be some what flexable over the types of work you under take
Cons
hours can be long if you want them, but pay is really good, good earning potential
A pleasure to work at Sugarman. I work at the Liverpool branch which covers Liverpool, Sefton, Southport, Wirral and Warrington.I get the shifts I want when I want. I work on the Wirral and I love the variety of work I can undertake. I also have the option to return to the same places if I want, you really can make it what you like. Pay rates range between £8 and £9 (occasionally more) with bank holidays paid double. The guys at the office are always so helpful and available for a chat
Pros
Variety and quantity of work, pick my own hours