Sugarman Health and Wellbeing

Sugarman Health and Wellbeing Employee Reviews

United Kingdom51 reviews
Good when there are shifts available. Management ok but sometimes unapproachable. Pay is industry average. Mandatory training provided. Like any other agencies, work come and go.
The management are good and friendly. but there are no career prospects in the job. Good place to work, but sometimes not enough jobs. Enjoyable but low rate .
Excellent working environment
Excellent working team

Good communication with staff and workers

Good relationship with all colleagues

Safe and well trustworthy
Awful Company, unprofessional staff, never paid on time let me without money right before Christmas, I said many times to the so called consultant that I can only work nights he keep sending me day shifts even now at half 9 pm sent me a text can you work in half hour then called me!!! I let go another agency because I was promised plenty of work shame on you wait you dont have any that is why you keep doing it, I wrote a letter of complaint to the head office in London still waiting for an answer, stay away people!!
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Office staff very friendly and helpful. Good rate of pay. Responsive to any problems or concerns. Only bad thing (but you have it with most home care agencies) if your client goes into hospital you might not get enough hours.
Pros
Good pay, supportive and friendly, a single place of work
Cons
Zero hour contract
Extensive training, which is excellent. Such in-depth information, for someone who had not worked within the field before sugar man gave me the opportunity to work in the complex environment.
The jb involves working with adults and young people with autism and challenging behaviours to live independently in their own home and to socialize in the community
The staff working at the offices are awful to try to talk to always laughing and joking away in the background while you’re trying your best to get more than one shift that week!

Training was a joke

Half their clients are clients that no one else will take because the clients are either abusive towards carers or the staff at the homes are awful
Unorganised and stressful could be better but have lovely clients to work with. Clients are farr away from eachother to travel to and is not worth the travel time. Need to be longer calls. No support for carers and is all about the money for them.
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing Poole have a professional and friendly office. Their staff are supportive and I feel valued as a team member. I have recommended friends to come and work here. They have competitive pay rates, free training and a refer a friend scheme. I really like their ethos and values as they are the same as mine. Recruitment took a little while as they were matching me up with the right client. But I really like working for them.
I remember working in this care home it was busy morning where staff going up and down. This service uses need help with daily routine while I was helping the service users was so happy and grateful
Some staffs are good like tasneem but the rest don't have your time I cannot recommend to any body as management are a joke job and life pattern is zerp
I was injured in work by my client while working for them and I was treated really badly by the company after the incident as a result I wasnt offered suitable work and as a result I was pushed out of the company
When I started sugarman I was always getting shifts they was very fair in distribution of hours and the pay was fairly good too some shifts offering higher hourly rate. The staff at sugarman are a good group and the manger is also fair and does know most of the staff there. I will always recommend sugarman to friends and family who say they need a flexible job and good pay, thanks for having me and if I ever need a flexible role again I will definitely come back.
Working with sugarman Health and Wellbeing was an experience worthwhile. This improved my people skills and gained some work experience which I can use in other disciplines.

Nevertheless, it could have been more helpful If the hourly wages where increased to help meet up with the cost of living expenses in London.
I am enjoying my current work. But looking for a guaranteed job.this company is very supportive. And good payment. No enough work they have at present.
Iv'e had some appalling experiences with this agency. Extremely bad management that couldnt find a solution to a very simple issue. was fobbed off with false information on several occasions with one of the agents. I think this agency possibly have the collective IQ of a hamster with special needs.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
lack of integrity
When I was recruited I was told that there would be plenty of work for me if my client went into hospital. This happened and there was no work and I ended up chasing shifts. I was extremely stressed at having no wages!
BEWARE if not many packages in your area! This job is really a zero hour contract. Constantly being messed around, now looking for new job!
In my opinion £8.50-9.00 for skilled social care is not good pay, there are those companies, that readily pay £10-12. I was lied to about pay rates several times, only to find my payslip contradicted their claims. They often called me with work, sent confirmation, then cancelled at the last minute. I would not recommend this company.
I worked a year for Watford branch, coordinators are completely incompetent. Each single rota was strewed up including very simple ones. Families can only confirm this. Disregard for carers.
Pros
non
Cons
lots
Applied and supposedly would have many hours, kept getting calls months later for work 30+ miles away. Was constantly told there were plenty hours in my and surrounding area. Spent money on PVG, uniform, travelling, training for 2 days. All a waste of time, DON'T BOTHER APPLYING AS THEY ARE AT IT AS FAR AS OFFERING HOURS, THEY JUST WANT PEOPLE ON THEIR BOOKS, MAKES THEM LOOK GOOD
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Everything about company, lies