Play YouTube video button

Sugarman Health and Wellbeing Employee Reviews

Support worker
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 April 2019
Don’t know is managing this office but oh my god! They couldn’t run an ice cream van never mind a healthcare company. Promised phone calls which you never get back! The new admin that deals with shifts with a American accent is awful and by god some attitude on her. Worst rates of pay to ever give someone, would avoid this company at all costs...
Pros
Cons
Bad mangemnt, attitude
Unresponsive and unhelpful
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff21 February 2019
While initially good, a management change has left the people in charge unresponsive and completely unhelpful. I'm often underpaid or not paid at all.
Excellent agency to work for
Agency Support Worker/Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading2 February 2019
Lots of hours and very supportive staff in the Reading office. High work culture and well established services that you get opportunity to work at. Friendly and approachable office staff.
Great company to work for
Project worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 September 2018
Currently working for the Glasgow branch and getting plenty of hours in a variety of settings. I work with various client groups which is good for my development.

The branch staff are friendly and always approachable and listen to me. I must mention the branch manager who I feel has always been great with me and is willing to listen to any issues and always offers advice. He has created an environment where staff are happy to work with his team and the door is always open.
Pros
Plenty of hours and good opportunities
Cons
Wages could be better but that’s not Sugarman’s problem it’s more of a general social care issue
Lots of flexability in working hours and support roles
Aduld Support Worker for special needs (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 July 2018
I Have worked for this company for three whole years to date, and i still work for them, i do support work, with adults who have special needs, this is my honest view on working for Sugarman Health & Well Being Health & Social Care Agency. i always got lots of work, when i needed it, was never short of work, its one of the busiest agencies i have ever worked for and i have worked for at least 5 Local Care Agencies, i really loved the variety of the care and support work roles, i was able to experience, in this employment i learned more new experiences, to add to what i had already Know, so i gained even more valuable hands-on experiences, which was great. The hours are very flexible night shifts, day shifts evenings or afternoon work is available, hours to suit all workers, giving you more time to yourself in your day, many different types of work, you get to meet a lot of people you support. You choose when you will work and when you won't work. you just give your availability each week, the days or nights you want to work, you can fit work around your life and not around your employer, which is great. Also, This company offers free regular employment training, and they give you your certificates for free. I have Always thought this is a great Agency to work for, all the office staff are friendly and very helpful as are your co colleagues who you will sometimes deliver support work with. This Agency is one of the Largest and busiest and is best as a provider, they provide you with help or advice if you need it at the end of the phone. They are a Top Agency and by far the best  more... that i have ever worked for, and still continue to work for, i have felt very positive, feeling's about my experience of being employed, within their Agency. If You're considering it just go for it, you will be glad you did.  less
Pros
You need to be some what flexable over the types of work you under take
Cons
hours can be long if you want them, but pay is really good, good earning potential
Fun and productive work place
Business Administrator Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London24 April 2018
Business is very organised, everyone got along together. All females. Salary is good. Friendly and catastrophic atmosphere. Would like to work here again.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside10 April 2018
A pleasure to work at Sugarman. I work at the Liverpool branch which covers Liverpool, Sefton, Southport, Wirral and Warrington.I get the shifts I want when I want. I work on the Wirral and I love the variety of work I can undertake. I also have the option to return to the same places if I want, you really can make it what you like. Pay rates range between £8 and £9 (occasionally more) with bank holidays paid double. The guys at the office are always so helpful and available for a chat
Pros
Variety and quantity of work, pick my own hours
One of the good ones ! - Liverpool Branch
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 April 2018
I have worked for many agencies in the past but this is one of the best. Never short of work in my local area and the office staff are second to none and always go above and beyond.
Pros
Office Staff & Plenty of hours
Amazing Place to work.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 April 2018
Office staff are very friendly and helpful, Work is consistent and i am honored to work for such a reputable company.
Managed very well, and all staff have great communication skills, and the 24/7 on call service is of great help to and there is always someone to contact if ever needed.
Pros
Has changed a great deal
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool5 April 2018
Office staff no life skills at all some have terrible attitude chop and change hourly rate then you dont get it if you put in a complaint about a place they brush it under the carpet as they are more commited to their clients than the care that is given to the residents they have their favourites best jobs go out to them.they dont like you moving on if you do work for these ask rate of pay before you except job on that shift check wage slip every week consider the distance you travel before exceping a shift you may not get home till after 11.30 at night
Pros
Meeting new staff
Cons
Travel distance hourly rate 7.50 most jobs days and nights
Poor
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  south wales20 March 2018
very poor was going to work for these and was very let down 4 times with training and also attitude of some staff. I am now looking else where so i can get some work they promise you lots and let you done
Cons
Terrible Management and office staff (when you know who it is that week)
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 January 2018
Do not touch these with a barge pole.
Office staff are jumped up teenagers and talk to you like they've scraped you off their shoe.
Much backbiting amongst the management staff results in new managers/co coordinators every other week.

Poor hourly rate
No travel allowance
Pros
Met great clients
Resourcer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 November 2017
Brilliant place to work the staff are helpful and always happy!
Great benefits such as good holiday allowance and also high street discounts.

Great support from management.
Pros
Great on call service, good pay
Always happy office staff to deal with -
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  south wales21 November 2017
A typical day could be anything as Sugarman have a very broad work amount to offer
That there is a vast and thriving work placement available
Always approachable
The hardest part of the job is that you can be away for long hours, away from your family
The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of work they offer
Pros
variety and regular work
Cons
long hours away from home
Overall good
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 October 2017
Overall good, supported me I some difficult times, Leeds office is excellent for when you need to speak to someone, good team players, funny to work with and for able to laugh out loud
Pros
Regular work
Cons
At times not enough hours
Overall one of the better agencys
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex11 October 2017
After dealing with alot of agencies while looking for a job, Sugarman in Essex really went the extra mile to help. They put me through all related training free of charge, Assisted me in applying for a DBS and then ensured they found me work around my availability. Highly recommend.
Pros
Helpfull, Great career progression available
Cons
Wages were average ( £9.50 ph )
best place to work in the world
support worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff20 September 2017
Working for Sugarman health and wellbeing Cardiff is the closest thing to being in heaven. everyone is always friendly and shifts are always available! the staff in the office go above and beyond to ensure we are happy with the shifts we are working.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Excellent work place
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 September 2017
Excellent Work place
Good communication
Time consuming
Excellent training provided
Always there to help
Give help and advise whenever ask
Offer shifts
There are better agencys
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 March 2017
Worked for Sugarman for a few months last year whilst studying at college part time, however i soon left when i got hardly any work from them. Management can come across quite unprofessional at times as well. Rates of pay were OK. There are definitely better agencies to work for out there.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lack of shifts
Care agency
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside7 March 2017
I've worked for Sugarman Health (formerly Cordant Care) for jut over 12 months. In that time I've worked as both an agency worker in residential care settings and a complex care worker in client's own homes.
In that time they've been a good company to work for, however the hours can be erratic on the agency side. Communication from the office is mostly good and the training is thorough and kept up to date.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sugarman Health and Wellbeing. Our community is ready to answer.

Sugarman Health and Wellbeing Reviews by Location