SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE

SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews
I learned a lot and was able to be a part of so many new and exciting things in the process of re-starting the SU at Suffolk New College. It was difficult to balance the SU hours with my full time course however it was really fun and I would have liked to have had the opportunity to do it full time as there were so many other things I would have liked to accomplish.
The worst working experience of my life. I am still suffering anxiety years later from this job. I was put into areas where I had no experience of the subject. They do not match you to your skills. 50 per cent of lessons were not taught for various reasons. Spent most of my time standing in corridors. No training, no support. Management have no clue. Communication non existent, but you'll be blamed for it..The students are amazing

though.
Pros
Students are awesome
Cons
Do not work here... it's the worst place I've ever worked. Not respected or valued. Management have no idea how to manage people. Teams are stressed and there Is no support structure. People moaning about their jobs constantly and every day I dreaded going in. Look elsewhere. This is not a happy place. Someone warned me and I didnt take their advice. Please take mine...
Really grateful for the opportunity I was given there. It gave me insight too what it was like to work in a school. It also helped to build my confidence.
Horrible place to work if the line manager did not like you she made your life awful

Has a culture od not supporting staff, not allowed to have your own idea's
They demand you to complete a long and tedious application form, then don't bother to respond after all your effort. Then they post the job again! Time wasters.
Best thing about snc was students and work colleagues. Management and senior leadership team get paid twice as much as lower positions in London!!
Tutors expected to do more and more tick boxes and lie about results so management get the benefits. No support for extremely hard working staff, 45 plus hrs a week that you don't get paid for or time back given. Absolutely life sucking place, avoid.

HR are vile, always covering their backs not caru g about staff.
This is a brilliant organisation to work for if you thrive on being under challenged and bored in your job role. If you have any issues it is strongly advised that you do not speak to the HR manager about these; she is very good at pretending that she cares as she holds a knife in her other hand. This is also a great place to work if you don’t want management to follow correct probationary procedures.
No support and never want to help you. Treated like the gum on the bottom of your shoe. Never think to ask how your doing never give you coaching like they say they will.
Pros
Cons
Managment dont help you to progress
Great team work, full of confidence and kindness within the team. Always achieving great work and getting the job done quickly. It gave me the confidence.
Pros
Confidence
Cons
No cons
This organisation took me on as a PGCE student and have been extremely helpful in all areas. I have a possible job lined up for September 2019 as they want to continue to work with me.
My review on Suffolk New College is as an apprenticeship it is a good wage to begin with but as I am getting older it is not enough unfortunately. As I have progressed at the college my workload has increased massively which is good to me as it shows I am hard working and responsible enough to do it all. The management side lacks on very poor communication with the staff leaving a lot of confusion often.
Pros
Qualifications
Cons
No full time employment after apprenticeship
I learnt a lot while on work experience, such as computer skills; how to deal with clients; answering phones and accepting payments. I gained people skills within the salon.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
I left Suffolk New College after 3 years with level 2s in IT and Business Administration. When I apply for various jobs at the college I can't get an interview there even though they were my training provider!
IT department was OK, some other departments not so nice.
got on well with others in my areas. lack of materials and fiance to make improvements frustrating.
I loved studying at Suffolk New College. I learned so much in those two years, I enjoyed every day, even on busy day's I loved being on the go, it was a calm but also the exciting environment to work in.
Pros
Learned a lot, made friends, exciting environment
Cons
not a lot of structure
working and learning at the college was an good experience, I developed many new skills and enjoyed doing so. I also made many new friends whilst being at the college.
Working at the college is always busy and you always have a task to do, staff are all very friendly and happy to help. I learnt a lot about working reception and ways to help clients.
No support or appreciation. No management support or training. Ridiculous working hours expected even when contracted 35 hours realistic hours are 50.
Most enjoyable part of this job is working with such nice students.
As a student at Suffolk New College my overall opinion is that the college is a fantastic place to be and I greatly enjoy learning there.
Whilst I have been there I have learned many new skills and improved skills I have already.

The college is a safe and friendly place to be due to the amount of support you get off the staff and security.
Pros
Staff, Students and Security
Cons
N/A in my opinion
The start of my typical day was getting in very early and preparing my resources and all that I needed for the day.

The hardest part of this job was dealing with the endless bureaucracy and box ticking. I felt this is a good example of very poor management and leadership from the top down. This ultimately gave me opportunity to reflect and grow as a professional dealing with the demands placed upon me and my department.

In this particular post I met some great colleagues who are now great friends.

I still hold this post as a great learning experience which helped me prepare for running my own department this term.
Pros
Staff relationships
Cons
Lack of inspired leadership and management.