Play YouTube video button

SUEZ Employee Reviews

United Kingdom169 reviews
The senior management do very little on a day to day basis, l watched Suez Birmingham go from a great place to work as a driver to the pathetic shadow that it is today ,they penalise the drivers for every little thing whilst the office staff make mistakes daily, not a word said ,the dismal state of the depot is down to very poor management, and is about time HQ got involved while there is still a depot in Birminham , a manager change is definitely needed, would l go back to Suez yes l would most definitely
management didn’t have a clue, spoke to you like a you haven’t got a brain cell but tried to be your best friend when they wanted something out of you and they worked you into the ground! If you had a problem they’ll tell you that you know where the gate is. Met some good people and hours was decent
Ideal if fresh out of collage/ sixth-form or as a new graduate because opportunities arise quickly due to staff turnover. Lab and technical staff are underpaid, but you can take away some good professional skills from those around you. Generally, your colleagues will be very supportive. Can easily progress to an analyst position in 18 months if your timing is good and you show initiative.

In addition to pay drawback, management can also be very frustrating. Not uncommon for middle management to act powerless when issues are raised - being unable or unwilling to help. Management are often seen to be blaming higher management for ongoing issues, but are quick to take credit for the efforts made by ground-level staff during intense periods.

Get in and get out, can be a useful stepping-stone if you play the game right, or need an entry level job to gain confidence.
So midway way through training I got moved to do other jobs at different sites. For example getting moved to do litter-picking and cleaning when this wasn’t the job I applied for, my title was Weighbridge Operator. The management was awful, the slightest mistake you make your getting done for it. The training was shocking, didn’t receive the correct training and there’s no help if you need any.
Getting to learn new skills and experience. Meeting new people. Long working hours on your feet all day. Learning to work as part of a team or on your own.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Long Hours
Bosses don't have a clue , don't come out the office, treat the loaders and driver's badly, if your face fits or you went to Exmouth school with the supers, it's all good. If not ur fcked
Management is a disgrace and non existent. Want you to work like you are in the army. No man management. Management cover there mistakes by using you as the excuse. Very poor company they are looking for yes men. They will work you to the point the lorry constantly break down you are expected to work over your hours then they knock you for 15 mins at every chance they can. They expected me to do a two man job alone with a lorry that constantly broke down and then they want you working 12 or 13 hours to make up for it.
Lasted 3 months working for the disgraceful company.They treat their drivers disgracefully,they have no loyalty towards their drivers.Office staff are bullies.They rip you off with your pay to the point where you are unable to pay bills.During my time there driver's leaving was every day thing.Whole company is run badly especially management and office staff at AshVale!!!!!!!!!!!!
very busy place to work with plenty of challenges, lots of different process to get used to.
good safety culture, suez have come a long way in the waste buisiness
For such a small
Workforce the infighting and blame culture is shocking I would not work for these guys for a million pound a year . Soul destroying The management are out for themselves and I wouldn’t trust them at all absolutely shaking behaviour
Pros
Cons
Blame culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SUEZ?
Long hours not enough pay too much work and stress planners can’t be bothered to sort problems just not a nice place to work ..........................
Health and safety is a big thing there, yet not even the Health & safety manager followed her own guidelines, management was lazy and did no work while the floor teams were struggling to keep up with the work load.
The company is great to work for - fair with achievable targets. Work can be challenging but there is a support system in place to help you. Good moral standing and great benefits for staff. Would highly recommend.
Pros
benefits, pay, hours, flexible
Cons
Job it self was okay . The other employees are fantastic to work with . If you keep head down and get on with it then you will be fine . Management on other hand well they make life more difficult .
I would bot recommend this company I work at the washington site . Bad management managers and supervisors dont know what they are doing would rather employ there partners and husbands and get rid of the decent staff. Manager she couldnt run a bath never mind a fleet .
can be very stressful, new customer chasing contracts set up and bin delivers etc
I have learnt how to do spreadsheets and basic formulas

management tend to leave us to our own devises, as long as we do our job they do not bother us

the hardest part of the job sometimes is fitting everything in in one day

I enjoy all aspects of my job on different day, the only reason I am looking else were is because we may be re locating
Pros
laid back office environment
Cons
very busy
Start times vary depending on what you're told you're doing the following day. There can be very little routine to the week which adversely affects your sleep pattern and tiredness takes its toll. Home life is also affected because you're going to bed so early (8pm can be a late one) there's no time to spend with family or friends.
Vehicles are in desperate need of modernisation. I have driven a few that have gone further than the Moon!!

"Supervisors" don't listen to drivers and constantly cover up their mistakes. There is no ownership for errors made in the transport office (at my depot at least) and no one higher up seems to notice the figures just don't add up.

Facilities on site are poor and we feel as though we're looked down upon by those who don't have to wear hi-viz clothing. If you smoke and work in the offices, you can easily take 10 minutes every hour to get your fix, but try and stop to talk to a colleague for a couple of minutes and it's noticed!

No appreciation is shown for hard work or exceptional acts and morale is a dirty word.

My managers door is always open, because my manager is rarely in his office.

Pay could be better, as could communication.

Personally, I feel worthless and my years of experience count for nothing.

As soon as a suitable job elsewhere is available, I will be leaving.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Very early starts, disruption to personal life, you are made aware that you are easily replaceable.
Good place to work and great benifits. Challenging and always something different. Currently evolving industry with alot to learn. One of the fairest companys to work in the industry.
Having completed my first month on a local landfill site (via agency) I've found the progression element to be true on my site. Intially my tasks were described as basic litter picking and site upkeep at the agency office but site management rapidly moved me onto more duties and trained me for more responsibility and also gave me site vehicle training. We are a small team on a big site and work extremely well together, the team members always help with anything new to me. If offered a permanent contract I would snatch it with both hands.
Do not work for this company. It is too top heavy. Instead of focusing on there actual main objective to recycle and uphold there own roles, they pick and choose what they want to do when it suits them. They don’t protect you when your just doing your job, they would rather have a team leader that can’t do there job and the whole team hates just because he is friends with the supervisor. They will fire you just for taking a cardboard box as they see this as gross miscotact
The worst place to work. You are just a number no one cares about the staff or what they think. There is no communication from any of the management. Honestly I’ve seen more sense from a bunch of clowns. They do not care about your safety all they are worried about is covering there own backs so they don’t end up in the rubbish. Also there is no training involved in this job and you can be sacked for looking the wrong way never mind not doing anything wron.