Sue Ryder Employee Reviews

productive and welcoming
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Northwich, Cheshire18 June 2018
I have volunteered at Sue Ryder in the past; It was a welcoming place to work. I felt very comfortable working within the store and confident communicating with the staff members.
Pros
Made me feel more confident
Cons
Wasn't very front facing
Good learing oppertunitys
Volunteer Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 June 2018
I volunteer one day a week and get on really well with the manager and the customers, there is a problem with the shop lifters and customers trying to haggle but apart from that I really enjoy my time there.
Pros
More experiance
Cons
No pay
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 June 2018
It was nice to volunteer for this specific workplace, they do not boss you around like others although taking care of customers can be a bit of a pain
Pros
good breaks
Cons
N/a
Terrible management
Community Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth12 June 2018
Loved my clients and the girls I worked with. Management on the other hand couldn’t give a hoot about anyone. You phone to get advice from the office and immediately get attitude and made too feel like you’re dumb. I reported this numerous times about attitude, nothing was ever done. You get called constantly on your days off if you’re lucky enough to get one. Phone you at 6am to tell you your route has changed. Over work their staff, horrible company to work for but lovely clients to care for.
Pros
The service users
Cons
No lunch break, communication, ridiculous shift patterns
Good place to work with great people
Moreton - Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Moreton4 June 2018
Although only a volunteer i have been working with them for a year and have greatly enjoyed my time with them, i have been able to develop a number of key skills that will allow me to excel when i leave.
Enjoyable work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn27 May 2018
I really enjoyed working here as the staff were really nice and friendly. I also learnt a lot while here. I enjoyed all the jobs that I had to do and never got bored. It also makes it more of a good place to work as it's all to raise money for charity and that's what makes it better.
Pros
For charity
Cons
Shoplifters
average
customer service (Former Employee) –  Framlingham23 May 2018
not exciting and it was voluntary work so you don't feel rewarded in any way possible. it is boring as well on a day's work. no effort is really made here.
Pros
people are nice
Cons
quiet place to work
Nice Place to volenteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gosport23 May 2018
A lovely place to volunteer, people who work there are kind and very helpful. The money is raised for a good cause, and has a good variety of new products and donated items.
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveleys, Lancashire22 May 2018
lovely place to work full of lovely people i really enjoyed working here
loved meeting new people and learning new skills whilst i was working here only thing i did not like was that the shifts was all over the place
Pros
meeting new people and learning new skills
Cons
shifs are all over the place
Lot of fun
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesham10 May 2018
I was only a volunteer at the store but every day was full and fast paced, and I ended up working 6 days a week for a few months. Definitely recommend if you want some experience without it being completely boring, much more exciting than other charity shops.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No pay

Want to know more about Sue Ryder?

Ask a question
Enjoyed it
support worker (Former Employee) –  Spalding8 May 2018
I worked at holme hall for nearly 10 years and I enjoyed it and learnt what I know now.
What let it down was the clicky groups of females which meant certain nurses allowing things to happen which shouldn't of done.
Loved all my clients and thoroughly enjoyed looking after all of them. A shame the home closed down for good.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Good shift pattern
Uneasy Experience
Retail Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham8 May 2018
It was my first try at a job, and my first volunteering role. It helped me realise that retail isn't for me which is good, but I didn't really enjoy my time there. My managers were quite unkind to me, making some nasty remarks about me without really telling me what they said, getting around it by saying it was a joke. I also felt quite uneasy behind the counter, especially when I seemed to have found an item of clothing was stolen. Overall my experience was quite unpleasant and unnerving.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
A lot of responsibility in one role, not a very happy environment
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ramsey6 May 2018
volunteering here really helped with my confidence and overall mental health as it kept me busy and interacting with people. I dont believe i would have been able to move on if i had not started working here.
A great place to work
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Grantham4 May 2018
At Sue Ryder you learn a ton of new skills everyday and you get to meet a ton of new people. You gain confidence as well as pride within what you're doing.
Pros
Lovely environment
Friendly Team
Store Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Norwich3 May 2018
Met a lot of great people volunteering, it taught me valuable life skills from starting at such a young age. Very understanding and approachable management.
Fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames2 May 2018
it is a great place to work you get to learn how to deal with customers, stock shelves, steam clothes and sort through clothes which have been donated.
Pros
short hours
Productive and cosy workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire2 May 2018
Sue Ryder is a very motivational work environment with a welcoming, lighthearted and cosy atmosphere. The staff are so considerate, the vibe is always relaxed and it's overall a very productive workplace.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
small space
Amzing place to work
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, Bristol18 April 2018
Very positive place to work. Management was very helpful and I was trained to do various things. I enjoyed working here very much due to the friendly employees and customers.
Pros
Regular Breaks, Not too early start, Friendly Employees
Cons
Long hours (my choice)
Fun and friendly work place
Voluntary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury16 April 2018
Mainly sorting and tagging clothing but also sorting clothing on racks at the end of the day. There was a certain amount of contact with customers and stacking racks.
Terrible Management
Community Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire14 April 2018
Would be an amazing place to work if it wasn't for office staff/management. Not enough communication with the staff, when concerns raised there shot down or your get told its being fixed when it doesn't, no continuity, always on different runs with extra clients as its always short staffed, the high turn over of staff should kick management into action but sadly it doesn't.
Pros
service users and work colleagues
Cons
management, different runs all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sue Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.