Sue Ryder Employee Reviews

ok
Volunteering with Sue Ryder-charity shop (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire16 January 2018
I volunteered there for a while, it was ok, managers were nice and appreciated your job, I wasn't working quite often, only 3 hours a week but they appreciated this and thanked at the end of my day. The job wasn't hard and you gained useful skills that you could put on your CV, great for someone looking to gain skills as they don't require any experience.
Fun place to work and Nice Co-workers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 January 2018
Working at Sue Ryder for me was voluntary, I found that the people I worked with were a good mix that are easily gotten on with the manger was helpful and always kept you busy as the shop always had things to do such as Cleaning the shop floor restocking shelves and getting rid of broken or damaged stock. The hardest part of the job was finding time for a break as the shop was always busy and you couldn't leave the shop floor unattended, however the most enjoyable part of this job was doing the work and helping raise money for a charity and making people leave with a smile.
Pros
25% discount on goods
Cons
Difficult breaks
Poor management but co-worker's were extremely kind and easy to work with.
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Seven Kings15 January 2018
The shop management was not that good although I heard it has improved from my other co-workers. It was definitely a good experience as I learnt how to deal with different people everyday that was the most enjoyable part. The hardest part was the management of things in the shop.
Rewarding and productive place to work.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 January 2018
A remarkable place to work knowing you are working alongside the most caring individuals. Very rewarding to be part of Sue Ryder and a great, positive company/team.
Pros
Rewarding career.
March Sue Ryder
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire12 January 2018
If you volunteer at the March Branch the manager is lazy, gets everyone to do the work and cover her laziness while she puts an act on for management. She will treat you alright until you decide to leave voluntary work and then she is rude and awful to you and no longer speaks to you or acknowledges you. Volunteers get fed up and leave and they have lost quite a few volunteers of late. The shop is a mess and she will do as little as possible and is so up and down in moods it is unbelievable. Change of stock and sorting is done too slow and when you go in the shop its always the same stock. The March branch needs an overall and facelift and someone placed in management who is passionate and strives forward to make it a success. The Manager has more holidays and days off than most and just doesn't care enough she talks about everyone and its such a shame because it could be a really nice profitable shop. My advice yes work for Sue Ryder it is a great cause but not the March Branch.
Pros
Good cause
Cons
Treated terribly and put on
Very enjoyable charity work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westcliff8 January 2018
The hours were flexible, and the people were very nice. The staff ensured that I was given the proper health and safety trainig and i have never been asked to do anything that would have gone agajnst thsse regulations.

The other workers there were nice and patient willing to help.
sue ryder
I volunteer (Current Employee) –  Needham Market, Suffolk4 January 2018
working that sue ryder is a great way of getting back into the working world and meeting new people. There are some great perks to the job too, like 25% off the items that you buy.
Sue ryder
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Keighley25 December 2017
Its not too bad with not too bad people.

Needs a lot of improvement but you cant complain.

You can do the work.

Its not too hard nor too much.

i can tell many other things too.
Pros
None.
Cons
So many.
This is a good place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tiverton24 December 2017
The Management are organised, committed, professional and very friendly of staff and volunteers.

They have a professional manner when dealing with customers and donations, They have refreshments for their volunteers and employees with a friendly greeting wen customers, staff or volunteers arrive.
Pros
Hours are Flexible
Organised work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham22 December 2017
Working at Sue Ryder was a good place to get work experience from especially how it is based on volunteering. It gives you retail work experience and the people who work there are really nice. The work load wasn't that much which is was good.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Not many young people work there
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire17 December 2017
Each day is a very productive for work and study. We are doing a lot of various kind of work (sorting gift aid and donations, steaming, pricing and so on). I have learned to work as a cashier at the till. I keep improving my communication skills by speaking with a shop's employees and a customers. That is absolutely nice and fun job because of pleasant atmosphere reigns there. All employees are very friendly and polite.
Cool place
Volunteer retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 December 2017
I didn't volunteer here long, but I think it seemed like a very cool place to work. I wanted to make my cv substantial so I left for different places.
Pros
Discounts of products
Friendly and enjoyable experience
Charity Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough10 December 2017
Good fun work experience, really enjoyed my time volunteering there. Other workers make it a very positive experience there, feel part of a team and motivated to work!
Supportive workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon10 December 2017
volunteered at the store. my day consisted of working down in the stockroom and organising stock. I also helped customers on the shop floor with any requests they had.
Charity Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Twydall4 December 2017
I worked for about 4 hours on a Saturday putting out new stock, pricing items and arranging the shop in different styles. I didn't work on the tills because I was under age, but I met a lot of lovely people from a variety of different backgrounds. It was a fun experience.
Pros
flexible with my hours
Cons
Didn't do much work
Fun and easygoing
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London3 December 2017
The people were great and enthusiastic; infusing me with a real passion that I transferred into everything I did. The fact that my presence made a difference to someone in great difficulties gave me more purpose overall.
fun and good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Golders Green26 November 2017
working at Sue Ryder taught me how to organise myself and prepares you for the future. you learn skills such as customer service and working as a team.
Great work place.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 November 2017
The staff at Sue Ryder are the kindest people you will meet. As soon as I stepped foot in the shop I was greeted with smiles. The staff do all they can to make you feel comfortable, they definitely make you feel like you belong there.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire15 November 2017
I done volunteer work here and found it to be a good place to work with a relaxed but fun atmosphere. I liked the diversity of the people that worked there
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Quite
productive
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire13 November 2017
Was very hard getting up before 6am in the morning to go visit your first client. Hours were scattered through out the day 3 hours here 2 hours there and not finishing until about 10pm. But was great to here stories of past times for the elderly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sue Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2