Sue Ryder Employee Reviews

Shocking. Office staff are terrible and rude and do not care im anyway for there staff members
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falkirj11 December 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for. Call cramming was unbelievable. Unrealistic times given, although the company gets paid for the visit from the council they get the staff to cut the call time Dow so they can do another 1 or 2 in the same time while they are still being paid from council for the full time for each visit!!!

The office staff are vile. They have been getting away with it for ages and it doesn't seem to matter that they are the reason for most staff leaving.

I will say the training at the start was very good ad I have worked for other care companies that give no training. This was down to the trainer she was lovely.

Some of the carers were amazing and very good at the job where as some of them don't care and are in higher positions purely because they are good at call cramming and literally doing nothing on calls so can get through 3 times as many which management love.

I would never have Sue Ryder caring for any of my loved ones.
Pros
Good training and some of carers lovely
Cons
So many
Stress and skeleton staff
Assistant (Former Employee) –  England UK7 December 2018
The work at Sue Ryder through the nursing team is amazing and you would expect the same for all other areas. However when you get beneath the surface you are very much on your own. The organisation is not stress free working and not a good place to be. The management is a nightmare and only a couple of them know what they are doing. DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE .
Pros
Amazing Nursing care.
Cons
Management are too young have no clue.
productive place to work.
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, UK3 December 2018
it was really good to be at the charity shops because I got experience for working in retail. I got so many skills I learnt from being in the charity shops.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Short Hours
Very helpful
Shop Assistant (volunteer, 3 days a week) (Current Employee) –  Feltham, UK29 November 2018
I worked for months in this Shop,but all i can say is just very few compering with what they do.
They’re the best menagers and the best shop all over UK. Is Amazed and very familiar to all of new people who works on there.
Pros
Free helps and skills
Cons
How many hours you want.
nice and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford21 November 2018
I will meet daily different type of customers and it is a good experience

First day is little bit difficult to adjust the new environment.
Interacting with new people
work place is very good and the colleagues are very friendly.
Pros
flexible hours and discounts
Cons
Low salary
very good workplace
Voluntary sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham20 November 2018
A typical day can consist of many things i can be on the till where i greet the customers and help them with their purchases. Maintaining the shop floor making sure items are in there correct place. Displaying any new goods or donated goods onto the shop floor. Pricing new goods and donated goods ready to go out on the shop floor.
Pros
lots of experience to be had
Cons
It was a nice place it work at as it was all for charity.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seven Kings20 November 2018
I worked at Sue Ryder for 3 months and found it very rewarding in a sense that I found pleasure from helping a charity shop. The other employees were also very sociable which also made it more enjoyable for me.
Full of new experiences
Retail Trainee (Former Employee) –  London18 November 2018
My typical day at work would be productive. I would love to learn something new daily. I prefer a day that is organised and well manages filled with a positive workplace culture.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Repetitive work
Fantastic firm
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rotherham18 November 2018
Sue ryder was a great firm to work for they always looked after their staff and the manager was brillant she had compassion for all her workers and you could always go to her with your problems and she would sort them
A good place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fishponds17 November 2018
I have been working in back room doing things like pricing etc.
Everyone is super friendly and kind.
The management is always happy to help with anything all need to do is ask.
fun work place
Wolverhampton Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands16 November 2018
i found sue ryder charity fun and enjoyable to work for.i was young and had little experience in retail industryand working here was a step up to gaining more experience
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no cons
great place to work and improve skills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  kings lynn12 November 2018
it was a fun place to work and all staff were friendly and polite they helped me to get an understanding of being in the the work lace environment and also helped me find a better job through improving my skills
Pros
friendly staff, great working hours
Cons
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire11 November 2018
Great shop, lovely people to work with so polite and caring people. I learned that people are not always rude and nasty there is always good in others.
Pros
Free lunches
as i love it verry much
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire10 November 2018
well as i love to say that sue ryder at lee on the solents and the popple are so lovely there and i would love a job thereand i am so happy to work there
fun work place
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton8 November 2018
really good place too work too get cumstemer service skills and met some really nice people and carried out things such as window displays it really helped doing till work with my jobs after I left sue Ryder
Pros
met some good people
Cons
long hours of no customers
Productive and friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kings Heath, West Midlands2 November 2018
Warm welcoming whilst working there, that helped me gain experience in retail and managing as a cashier. I would recommend working here to gain experience.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
no pay
fun
chairty shop (Former Employee) –  Salisbury2 November 2018
handling money and filling shelves up making cups of rea and doing cleaning and talking to other people and help them with there shopping and putting the trollys away
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hour
Decent workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Hill28 October 2018
Never had any problems whilst working at Sue Ryder. My two managers were extremely nice and polite but also very professional. Would recommend working there.
Work place
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Bedgrove, Buckinghamshire27 October 2018
I would arrive at 9 am and put out the stock, then stay behind the till serve and communicate with customers. Hardest part of job was repetitiveness.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
repetitive
charity
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 October 2018
I ironed clothes and greeted customers, there were a lot of ex-offenders and people from prison working there as they had to do community service so the woman who ran things there did not trust me to do things even though i have no criminal record, i had to stop when i got an injury to my arm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sue Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2