Sudlows Employee Reviews

Inclusive company with strong values
Project Management Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 September 2018
Good ethics throughout the company. Clear avenues of progression. Strong management structure with a friendly atmosphere throughout the company. Job progression in my specific area was not guaranteed, so I decided to continue my education.
Don’t bother waste of time
Ex engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 August 2018
This is a company with a huge turn over of staff around a hundred a year. The management is awful and chance of progressing is very low. Working hard and being good at your job is frowned upon here you’ll go much further if you are useless. The standards of work are very low non existent in some case it’s all about getting someone to the job and getting it signed off.

Remember failure doesn’t come natural at Sudlows
It’s worked at!!!!!
Pros
Fuel card
Cons
It’s sudlows
Not good to work for at all
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 January 2018
This company has a lack of structure, diversity, management skills and work benefits. I don’t know many who are happy at any Sudlows office and their views are outdated.
If you’re not part of the right ‘clique’ (who aren’t nice people), there’s about 3% chance of job advances and pay rises.
Management and Directors need to realise you have to put something in to get back out.
Also, staff are the last priority here, no confidentiality and all personnel are discussed in an open plan office.

New year....don’t make a new mistake!
Pros
Nescafé coffee
Cons
Management skills, staff benefits, job advancement, confidentiality or lack of
Awful place to work treat staff badly - honestly dont apply
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 November 2017
Started new job and first 2 days were inductions etc, so on the 3rd day my manager pulled me aside and basically laid into me as I wasn't doing enough or working fast enough in his eyes, even though id only had a laptop 2 hrs at that point, the culture is toxic and you are made to feel low. I'd started this job on a positive note after such a good interview I had high hopes and thought id found a decent job, but that all changed on day 3, this place is also like the big brother house, cameras everywhere and they monitor your email and telephone calls so be aware, do it the sudlows way or leave no room to give honest feedback and improve methods at all. they also tried to do security checks and dbs checks after I had already accepted the job with no mention on the job description, job advert or on my contract, and finally if you work in the chadderton office be warned they is not enough parking available and people will block you in all the time, I'd been here just 3 weeks and noticed 2 emails about cars being hit. If you want to work on a helpdesk role and just look after tickets all day then you may enjoy it here but if your used to more senior work then forget it, wasting your time.
Pros
free parking
Cons
toxic place of work
Poor place of work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 July 2017
Money over people, serious lack of management from the top down. I worked here for two years and was just a horror show from the off. More directors than staff, people generally spoken to very poorly, false promises and the list continues. In one department ive heard that theres shouting swearing and borderline harrassment and basically everything that depicts unprofessional.

I'm glad I left, albeit for less but gained so much more.
Pros
Cons
Culture, division, lack of people skills, poor management.
Official response from Sudlows
27 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry you feel you didn’t gain anything during the two years you worked with us. Over the last five years the company has grown rapidly thanks to the direction and leadership of our management team and the commitment and professionalism of our staff.

We have a team of four Board Directors and nine Senior Directors responsible for over 200 members of staff across four office locations in Manchester, Oldham, Watford and Dubai. It is under this leadership that we have increased our turnover from £13million in 2013 to £48million in 2016.

The company has always invested heavily in staff development, training and welfare while offering clear routes for employees to advance their careers with the advice of experienced and knowledgeable colleagues and managers.

We pride ourselves in our commitment to our staff and have clear guidance and procedures in place for employees to report any unprofessional behaviour in confidence and address their concerns. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you luck in your future career.

Top high standard company.
Part time IT engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central5 March 2017
I was an apprentice for a contractor who works for the company. But the company is a high standard one, which only provides a world class service to its employees and customers
Awful place to work
APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 May 2016
Money terrible, staff terrible, work terrible just a place you do not want to work. id rather work at mcdonalds. Don't even waste time applying.
Official response from Sudlows
27 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry you feel this way about your apprenticeship. We have continued to develop our apprenticeship programme as the company has grown and are proud to offer our apprentices competitive pay while giving them first-hand, on-the-job experience with our qualified and award-winning engineers.

I hope you were able to gain something from your apprenticeship and we wish you luck in your future career.

Data Centre Installers
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nationwide3 April 2013
A Manchester based infrastructure firm specialising in the technical solutions for Mechanical and Electrical, Building Services and Communication Systems that are both innovative and sustainable. This includes the design and installation of data centre’s, including all electrical, data cabling (Cat 5 and 6) and fibre optic cabling (single mode and multi mode).
Long and hard working but productive
Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 January 2013
It was a decent place to work but i had to leave due to illness as I could no longer work to the extent they wanted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sudlows. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4