Subway Employee Review

Rushed environment
Sandwhich Maker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk24 June 2019
A typical day working at subway would be to: food prep, disinfect surfaces and food containers, keep up with food and drink stock, bake more cookies and breads, sandwich making, cleaning eating areas and working at till.

I learnt that within this job you have to work hard as a team in order to serve as many hungry customers as possible. Throughout the busiest of times we could sell upto 100 subs an hour- having had upto 7 members of staff behind counter working as one to make up the subs as fast as we could, to move onto the next.

The management within my particular subway was good but not exceptional. Although the management provided brief training to myself and shifts were given via a weekly routa. My requested/ contracted hours were nowhere near met in despite of this and pay was lower then agreed apon.

The workplace culture was very fast paced and hot!! Due to hot food infront of you and hot ovens working behind the workplace can get very overheated making it hard to keep up pace with other workers/customers. Other members of staff can occasionally be bossy when stressing about giving circumstances and it creates a heated environment in front of the customers.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up a happy, collected and calm atmosphere/ mood for the customers when there is too much going on at the same time- in such a cramped space.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on the happy customers faces once they have eaten/ have been served exactly what they ordered- having had enjoyed it. This makes the stress of the job less
  more... stressful as you then become happy, having somebody appreciate your hard work.  less
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Stressful Work Environment

Other Subway Employee Reviews

good work/life balance
Sandwich Artist Subway (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire19 October 2019
It can be very mundane and boring once you're used to it! The management was very good though, flexible around your schedule! The pay was okay but not the best, minimum.
not a fun workplace
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  260 Neasden Ln, Neasden, London NW10 0AA19 October 2019
i would come in at 1/2 and from 5 i would be working alone
learned how to make sandwiches.
management was unfair to me as i asked not to work late or by myself but i was ignored.
no ethnic diversity the boss and the workers would speak in their own language know i didn't understand what they were saying.
hardest part was working alone.
most enjoyable part is not applicable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

512.1K