Subway Employee Review

food hygiene terrible, bullied by managers, employees and shouted at by customers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire10 June 2019
I worked at Subway part-time as a Sandwich Artist for 2 months whilst in full-time education.

It was a new 'prototype' store so we all had high hopes.
Training was very short, with two shifts in a different store then left alone.
All the staff had no idea what they were doing ,especially the manager who started, then after a month went on her management course.

She was too tight and trying to save money, and so never ordered in enough food. This meant that by lunchtime, we had run out of the essentials. Due to the typical demographic eating with Subway, they didn't take that well and chose to abuse staff for it. This tightness on stock lead to food hygiene practices that the manager tried to teach me, for example quick defrosting the chicken by dropping it into a tub of hot water.

With myself only working around 10 hours a week, in the time I was there I was still inexperienced. On my last shift my manager had left me alone, after telling her I was not confident closing down. When I was due to leave she arrived and accused me of theft, which ultimately was untrue, she just couldn't get low enough to look into the safe and find loose notes. This ended with me finishing half an hour late- a typical evening.

My last pay check resulted in myself being paid a £100 deficit to what I had worked. That last month I had worked for £3.80 per hour based on what they have paid me.

You weren't allowed free food as such, only one, plain 6-inch at lunch. To enforce this the manager told us she was watching us on CCTV. This is a reflection of the culture, with food being
  more... stolen along with money out of the till- with us all being threatened with having our pay docked over it

I am a level-headed person, I am trying to be reasonable, as this looks like an all out attack on the store. I just cannot say any positives. I just feel extremely sorry for the people who have to work there, and based of the practices that I saw, I will never eat there again.
Pros
Free cookies at end of shift, that you weren't allowed to take
Cons
Threatened, overwoked, incompetent management, food hygiene

Other Subway Employee Reviews

Good Paced job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire16 July 2019
A typical day at work varies with its quiet and busy periods, some expected and some not.
Pros
Free Lunch
Alright place to work
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield15 July 2019
Was put on one station for the whole month, I wasn't given proper meat training. I started to learn the tills after 2-3 weeks of being there. Place can cause breakdowns, management isn't afraid to let people go, even if they're hrdworking
Pros
Free subs after every shift, even part time!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

511.3K