Subway Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 37,613 reviews
enjoyable environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff26 May 2019
A typical work day included leading the shift
dealing with customer complaints
ordering supplies
handling cash/cashing up
food preparation

Hardest part was stock control.

Enjoyable part was meeting lots of different people.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
paid less than a team member because of my age
Unsafe workplace, appauling managment, dreadful food safety
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham15 April 2019
I worked in 3 stores owned by the same people in Wrexham, and the level of stress for a minimum wage worker is utterly ridiculous. We were expected to carry out managerial tasks for no additional pay or benefit, close the store alone, do the job of 3 people perfectly to a strict time, all while serving customers and keeping the store clean, single-handedly. Managers would shout and swear at us, watch us on CCTV illegally, and many, many other unprofessional behaviours.

Training standards are dismal, they hire younger workers as they're cheaper, and seek to boot out anyone over the age of 21. There are no panic buttons, the main store I worked in on the High St had no phone service, no wifi to at least contact a family member if needed, and a barely working landline. No safe area to lock yourself away should a dangerous person enter the store, an unsafe fire exit requiring you to climb ON TOP of the burning building, once again you are left to work ALONE, and there are an assortment of knives in easy access for anyone wanting to harm workers.

Food hygiene is terrible, with managers instructing us to "just change labels" regarding expiration dates, and store owners complaining about food waste if we did throw it out, since food waste = wasted money. Workers are bullied into coming into and remaining in work while sick despite working with food. I'm never eating in any Subway again thanks to my experience at this store, and I encourage everyone I know to do the same.

If you're a college kid, or just seeking part time, you might get the hours you want, as the store is
  more... open weekends and late into the evenings. If you're going for full time, say goodbye to your social life and hello to stinking of bread every time you leave work. No hope of climbing the ladder, once you hit team leader, you've peaked. And there wasn't even a pay rise from sandwich artist to team leader. More work for the same pay.

Disgusting place to work.
Pros
It's a job, at least????
Cons
Literally everything else.
It got me by..
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Liverpool22 March 2019
I’ve worked at subway for over 2 years now and I never planned to be there that long. Mines quite a busy store so there’s always lots to do which I suppose is good as it makes the shift go quicker, however with the company that mine is owned by, there have been lots of labour cuts, so I find myself struggling to keep up with the workload, and taking on two or three people jobs at once. Management are strict, and there’s not a lot of team morale going around. There’s not a lot of praise given if you do something well, but heaven forbid you make a mistake. It’s aleight if you’re looking for something to get you by until something better comes along, but I wouldn’t recommend it for a long term job. The work, the customers, the management team, all wear you down and lower your mood.
Pros
Good for gaining experience with customers, free lunch on shift, opportunities to progress onto team leader
Cons
A lot of pressure, especially for team leaders to complete a lot of work in a short space of time, scared to make a single mistake, they deliberately put less staff on than you need to save in wages, and make you do several employees worth of work and expect it to be done in the same amount of time
Family style restaurant.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cardiff Bay, Cardiff18 March 2019
This is job build a lot of skills, due to the main function of the business which is to sell fresh food. Firstly hygiene, reduction of cross-contamination is highly monitored constantly, this includes cleanliness of the store its self.
Timekeeping is a factor also as it allows, one to be vigilant on the sell-by date of products include vegetables, meat and baked goods.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very busy on event days and nights
sunway worst place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire4 February 2019
when i fell pregnant everything changed my hrs the respect nastiness this was all from management well the manager of store area manager was best but soon as she left store it all changed i was moaned and bitched at if sat down went to loo had a break to point i nearly calapsed and threw up on the line i always did my best but wasnt good enough soon as i fell pregnant ended up going on leave at 30 weeks as got to depressed all because of her i would never in million years work for subway again and thats not the half of it
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Treat staff badly
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry1 January 2019
Only enjoyable part was working with fellow employees. Other than that not treated well as staff members. Learn stock control and management and how to deal with deliveries etc.
Productive and fun workplace. Can be stressful.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 October 2018
Working at subway has its perks however i think when working there for 5 years it really starts to take its toll. It is not a forever job and it is definitley not where I would want to spend my career.
Pros
Free lunches
food and beverages
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South Kensington, UK14 May 2017
Was a good experience.From sandwich artist to team leader was not easy.overall job is tough and requires a lot of care and attention.health and hygiene is very important.
Quite Frantic
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  218 Swanston Street4 September 2016
Due to the location of my work, the shop is always busy, which is good for business however if communication is not kept between workers it may be a handful. A change in occupation/scenery is needed however.
Pros
Friendly environment, flexible hours, great boss
Cons
Quite distant from home, very busy at times
best job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG6 March 2014
this could be nice job cuz i learnt how to do customer service with faster in work and also good at customers.