Subway

Subway Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Supervisor65 reviews
United Kingdom65 reviews
it heavily depends on where you are located, because every manager works their store differently. Some places are extremely stressful, overworking and underpaying, whereas others are quite fair and enjoyable. It's pretty much a coinflip. Good luck
The job itself isn't bad, however can be very fast paced and stressful. It all depends on the management. The environment is generally good. You will need to be good at staying on top as everything as there is a lot to be checked and done through the day.
i injoyed working at subway it was something new every day from prep work to serving custumere dealing with complaints and cash handling baking bread the best part of the day was the smell of the fresh bread coming out of the oven
Overall a good team of staff but overworked as normally only 2 on shift to do everything. Must be willing to work hard. Overall public are generally easy to deal with and can be a rewarding job if you get everything prepped and are fully prepared for your day to run smoothly. Not being a big shop you can also be held accountable if you waste too much and if the till is short it can all come out of your wage. I don't agree with this as your not the only person on till at any given time so you basically could be paying for others mistakes same as with waste as for example if someone made too much bread and then you take over and waste it for being stale you can end up paying for it.
Pros
Good boss and management, decent staff
Cons
Short staffed for busy periods, a lot of work for generally 2 people on shift.
Good place to start your care and work I with good people and have fun wile you are there meat a lot off nice people good investment had a lot of good times there
decent for a first job but pay is low and the work life balance is terrible. Always expected to work overtime and really difficult to get even 2 days off a week.
Management sucks and company headquarters do not care about you. Local shops run by incapable managers who are either related to the boss or someone else who knows the boss.. subway is just bad! And company's policy to not pay you for breaks even though you don't get all of them.....I just have no words.
The job isn't a difficult one, especially as I have worked in subway previously. Being supervisor was a new challenge so having to delegate tasks as well as fulfilling my own tasks. As this specific subway is based in a service station it is quite a distance to travel to.
The job itself is tiring but not difficult once you've been doing it for a little while. However, the turnover rate is extremely high which puts a lot of pressure on employees who have been there for more than a couple of months, as you're likely one of the most senior people there, management aside. So you're strongarmed into taking on more responsibility with an insultingly small pay raise (0.15 per hour extra). These additional responsibilities sometimes mean being expected to work additional hours that you aren't paid for.

Management aren't very competent and have no issue with saying/doing anything to make their own lives easier, even if it means outright lying to employees and customers. In some cases these have been blatantly illegal lies/manipulations of employees, that rely on people being ignorant of their rights, or simply being too spineless to stand up for themselves.

Health and safety procedures are treated as recommendations, to be ignored daily. Food is improperly stored, handled and prepared. A surprise health inspection would shut the place down, without a doubt.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Illegal practices, high turnover rate, employees are exploited, poor to nonexistent food safety practices.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
You get what you expect when working in a fast pace and hard working job in food and beverage.
Customers can be difficult and so can your colleagues but at the end of the day it’s a job- quite well paid! Better then minimum wage!!!

It’s a fun but stressful job as supervisor and assistant manager! Manageable and easy to work your way up.

Overall a good job to have!
Gran servicio buena dirección un gran equipo de trabajo en una ciudad muy visitada
Working at subway was a lovely challenging job, each day was different as we got new customers alongside are regular customers.
The staff i worked with wear kind and cared about the business and would make sure all jobs wear done before the next shift had started.
Management use a lack of hours to pit staff against eachother and force a hostile work environment. This leads to constant understaffing and miserable staff. Avoid at all costs.
Lovely team of people to work with, customers always friendly ( in most cases)
Well looked after, and free lunches.

Holiday is done fairly and lots of training given to further your career
Worked here for almost three years, they're quick enough to get you up to supervisor but beyond that they're never willing to get anyone higher up the ladder, they just want supervisors trained to do a managers job so they can get the blame for everything and not get paid for it. 'Competitive salary' is a complete lie, was the top supervisor for two years, even running the store at one point and I never earned more than 7.53 an hour because of my age. So I was training new staff that were earning more than me simply because of their age. This place will work you dry, criticise you at every opportunity, never give you any praise and completely expect you to be able to drop anything to help them. Example I got reprimanded for leaving early one shift because my mum was in hospital. They constantly lie to you at every level so much that they lose track of what lies they've promised people. I have witnessed people being promised promotions and management laughing about it as soon as they can. Like everyone's said, the only good thing is you get a 6 inch sub for your lunch but that much is missing from stores, they always suspect you of stealing so basically watch what you make anyway and to be honest, since working there I wouldn't eat at another one unless I knew the people that worked there and knew they were following proper guidelines because you can't trust management to follow up on that at all. The worst thing about this place is how unfair the pay is in that your wage is based solely on your age. Worked with new staff earning 7.83 whereas us supervisors are only earning 7.53 - more...
Pros
6 inch sub for lunch
Cons
Unfair pay
There was a lot of cons, but it's alright for part-time students. You get zero hour contract and you can request for specific working hours, so it's quite easy to combine working hours with uni/hobbies
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Repetitive
Made to feel small when asking for a holiday which you are entitled to. Get an extra 10p per hour for superviser role and expected to open shop, deal with banking, Rotas, ordering etc. Not worth the extra 10p.
absolute wonder full place to work would highly recommend anyone to seek employment. hours are very flexible and negotiable. if you love a friendly environment to work in subway is the place.
Very stressful with little to no direction from management. horrible clients. no benefits and bad pay. good job for someone who doesnt have bills to pay
its a fast working work place and sometimes we are meant to finish work in less times as every franchisers are trying to save money. After all it makes us professional working under pressure.
Pros
free sandwiches and cup drinks
Cons
pattern shifts
The franchise I worked at had terrible management. To the point where they made multiple members of staff including myself cry becuase they would verbally tell you that nobody liked you. I did progress to supervisor within a few months however the pay increase was pennies for the extra amount of work it was not worth it.
They had no compassion over your health, my mental health deteriorated very quickly whilst in this job and I was told to man up about it as there was nothing wrong with me.

I do realise that every franchise has different managers however I think this does prove lack of consistency throughout all franchises. I am sure some are great but because there is nobody higher in the franchise the terrible managers will continue to be terrible.
Pros
Free dispenser drinks, cookies
Cons
Worst management