Subway Employee Reviews for Sandwich Maker

Found 204 reviews matching the search See all 38,384 reviews
Great Working Enviroment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire6 May 2019
Really enjoyed working in Subway and the team located in the Vimy Barracks location were always there to help. was like working for a family run business.
Supervisor Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Yarnton, Oxfordshire5 May 2019
I have worked for this company for almost 6 years, thanks to their training and support i am more confident towards the general public than i ever have been before.
Pros
50% while on duty
Cons
Long hours, commuting
Productive and Great
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff29 April 2019
I would have to say that working here was a great experience overall and i think that this is a great experience with the only downside being the Low Pay.
Pros
Many Hours
Cons
Min Wage
Good job
sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire25 April 2019
I currently work here and have done for a year now and I really enjoy it. The staff are helpful, really good management who always help out especially for students who have last minute commitments. Minimum wage. Get 10% off and free 6 inch when on shift.
Pros
Free food
Awful, cuts corners
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Erskine, Renfrewshire24 April 2019
Management would leave me to do everything for them, were horrible people and did not care about customers at all, they only cared about saving money.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, management were horrible, did not care about customers
Fun work place and amazing atmosphere
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London24 April 2019
While working at subway I learn a verity of new skills and also developed my existing ones. The manager was extremely helpful and always pushing me to be my best.
Fun workplace
Part time Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells23 April 2019
I learned how to deal with customers with high quality customer service even in peak hours. To be able to works as part of a team is essential in this workplace.
Terrible franchise owners
Sandwich Artist Subway (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire22 April 2019
Minimum wage, expected to work alone opening or closing, poor management.
Kids mostly work here who don’t care about date checking or proper cleaning. No decent training just shown what to do by the kids.
It’s a total disgrace.
The management only care about profits and their salary, no loyalty to decent staff.
People are readily replaced if you complain about the poor working conditions.
Pros
Cons
Have to pay for staff food, unpaid breaks, No set hours the rota changes daily or weekly with no warning
Productive but toxic workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Wirral21 April 2019
The job is very productive, keeps you on your feet, learning how to get jobs done quickly and the same quality, however the work environment, management and lack of support and opportunity for development makes the job toxic and mentally destructive.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long hours, minimum pay
A great starting job
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire19 April 2019
It really helped me to grow and develop my confidence. The store I worked at in the beginning was okay until I found out I had to do morning shifts and closing shifts on my own for up to five hours at a time. This wasn't as bad as I got to grips with how the store worked but you would get those days when customers would keep coming in and not let you do anything, this would make it so you would leave much much later and not get paid for those extra hours you would put in.
Pros
Free sandwich on break
Cons
Not enough staff
terrible
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire16 April 2019
on my first day i wasnt trained and thrown into rush hour and was shouted at because i didnt know what to do on my second day i was left on my own during rush hour causing loads of stress i was tere two months and during the whole time they had no hot water so everything was washed in cold water and the freezer didnt work so food would often be carried around the city from other stores.i took a day off due tobeing ill and the next day i came in and they had all spread a rumour that they had seen me walking through the city even though i was home all day and almost lost my job.
Pros
free food
Cons
no respect shown
Productive workplace
Sandwich Artist, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newtown15 April 2019
A good place to learn essential skills with a friendly atmosphere. 8 hours maximum per shift. Great place for a first job for young people with a good work ethic looking to earn money
Pros
Free lunches
Negative
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire14 April 2019
Terrible management, Lack of staff and poor training. Hours working were all over the place aswell the store supervisors were terrible at doing their own job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
Basic
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire11 April 2019
The job is basic go to work do the shift and go home nothing too exciting the staff are great and no one is ever not working which is good always stuff to do
Pros
50% off on shift
Cons
20% off when off shift
Productive and fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Newry11 April 2019
Subway was a productive place to work as there was always something to do and you weren't sitting about doing nothing. The atmosphere was great as the customers were always nice and the workers were great so therefore this allowed working there to be fun.
Brilliant
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Belfast6 April 2019
Lovely team very friendly and helpful, the owner is lovely as well, everyone works together as a team, overall I really enjoy working here as everything is nice and chilled out.
Pros
Free lunches, paid for breaks
Cons
Non
Awful place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Long Eaton, Derbyshire5 April 2019
Expect you to know everything within 10 mins of going to your job for the first time! & rude staff told me that if I dropped anything, or cut the bread wrong that it would come out of my salary which is already unbelievably low! DO NOT WORK FOR SUBWAY
Pros
Cons
Rude staff, miserable, depressing
Good place to gain experience
Sandwich Artist Subway (Former Employee) –  Birmingham4 April 2019
This was a good chance to see how a fast paced environment is like, getting the experiene contributed to my skills as it involved working under pressure.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rude employer
just a job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Scottish Borders4 April 2019
just what it says making sandwiches and prepping food. It's an ok company to work for sometimes you have to open and close the shop plus daily cleaning
depressing place to be
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ramsgate, Kent3 April 2019
do not waste your time to go there, find something else, done that for 2 years and ive had enough its not worth it, when you are the best they try to use you more as they know the others don't care it was just a waste of time.
Pros
Cons
poor management skills, no wage slips, no contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

511.4K