Subway Employee Reviews for Sandwich Maker

Found 307 reviews matching the search See all 40,822 reviews
very busy and productive
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 October 2019
A normal day would include cleaning the area and serving a lot of customers, it was usually quiet until around 1pm, then the job becomes very fast paced and you are required to be able to multi-task and tend to multiple customers at once. I gained a lot of social skills and confidence along with the ability to communicate well with people.
The worst place to work at
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Beckenham5 October 2019
It is a fast paced position, the managers doesn't do their job most of the time, often it happens to be alone at a lunch time which hinders you to deliver the service that the cusomers deserve.
dependant on manager
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire5 October 2019
manager for the store I worked at was OCD obsessive and no one comes close to being perfect, he blames us for his mistakes, shouts at us in front of customers and gives us an unmanageable work load to which I am working at managerial level with minimum pay. couldn't get out quick enough
I liked the overall environment
Sandwich Artist/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leeds Road, Harrogate3 October 2019
I worked for nearly 5 years in subways at Knaresborough, Harrogate and Leeds Road. So far my experience was good. it could tricky sometimes as teamwork is essential but at the end of the day I enjoyed the challenge.
Good
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ormeau30 September 2019
I enjoy working at subway , it has gave me a good start to working with customers and to be more open and to have good communication with them. I also have enjoyed being able to work with new people and to have the opportunity to develop my skills
Pros
Good communication skills, a good team to work with
Terrible working conditions
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear29 September 2019
didn’t receive payslip during entire time working at subway and more than oftenpay (given in cookie packets) was late. Managers extremely rude/hostile
Bad
Sandwich Artist/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fulham Broadway Station28 September 2019
dont pay staff on time, as well under paying them. Treat them poorly, no training. Managers are very hostiles and uncompromising towards their workers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
everything else
A productive work place and everyone cares about each other.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire28 September 2019
Normally a relaxed place. It gets busy during lunch time(12-2 pm). Working there has taught me team work and I experienced how to feels to work in a food handling business.
I would use the following attributes to describe the workplace culture:
* Results orientation
* Teamwork
*Employee engagement
*Responsibility/accountability
*Trust
*Communication
To mention but a few

Learning the basics was easy. Within a month I knew most of my way around the job. I would forget some things here and there but overall it was not bad.
Very good, loved it!!!!?And want to eork there AGAIN!!!???
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire28 September 2019
Great.i very enjoyed it........ and would like to work in the soton, Shirley one!!? AS IT IS NEAR MY HOME,AND I ENJOYED, WORKING THERE.If a job at shirley soton(shirley pricent)
Great collegues.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield26 September 2019
My day would start at six in the morning I would bake the cookies and get the bread ready. How to bake bread and prep the vegetables and salad
The management where professional considering it was a new business for them. They were respectful of everyone no matter gender, race or sexual orientation. In my opinion, I believe the hardest part of the job was prepping the vegetables because they were a high quantity of vegetables to cut by hand only. The most enjoyable part was being able to interact with the customers as it made me feel like I was out of work.
work there for 6 month, terrible
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Morpeth26 September 2019
poor management, poor staff, not well organised, shift patterns all over the shop, short shifts, staff spoke to other staff like rubbish basically, wouldn’t recommend working there
First part time
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Guildford26 September 2019
First part time job that helped me learn more about the world. Amazing fun during the night shifts. However sleep was badly affected. Helped improve customer service.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Watford23 September 2019
Day starts by preparing the necessary ingredients that are required for the daily intake for the customer.
opening or closing of the store, sometimes both, handling money, taking orders from the customer and something the takeout orders from uber eats.
interacting with regular customer.
productive but stressful workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne, South Yorkshire23 September 2019
Subway is alright if you just want a bit of money, say, if you've left school and are saving or just want a bit of cash for your free time. However, the pay is not great, they will also try and ramp up your hours at the first possible opportunity, from my experience anyway. All this being said, my experience with colleagues and the manager has been really good, and it really feels like everyone is in the same boat and just has to get stuck in. The people in charge are also willing to lend a hand if needs be, and are generally really pleasant to work with.
Pros
Free meals and discounts
Cons
Long hours and bad pay
Fun workplace
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester23 September 2019
I really enjoyed working at Subway because we used to have our regulars we new them by name. the staff there were extremely kind and we all just got on.
Productive and fun work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear21 September 2019
Working at subway is like becoming part of a new family. They will have your back and help you through rought times.
The job is easy to get a grasp off.
Horrible
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth20 September 2019
Would never recommend anyone to work here! When you leave, don’t even get paid for what you’ve worked!!!!!! Would never ever recommend anyone to work here if you actually want to get paid
Avoid at all costs.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Glenrothes20 September 2019
They say a 30 hour role was available then give you a zero hour contract but say "but you'll get 30 dont worry" . So can have 16 hours one week then next week could be 4 hours. Salary is minimum wage. Staff & management don't care for proper training or food & safety. You feel like a number & not a valued employee. The few staff that were nice enough to help me also left. Rota's were weekly & given last minute so no work life balance.
Pros
Free sub on shift.
Cons
No work life balance, low salary & hours.
Decent job, atrocious management.
Junior Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Wishaw20 September 2019
I enjoyed working with my colleagues at this job but the managers was an extremely vindictive bully who refused to give me more than four hours per week and sought to manufacture arguments between the staff members. The job is fine but my experience with the manager soured my entire time there.
It was a easy and comfortable job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Rochdale20 September 2019
The job was good and comfortable and the pay was good but they wasn’t fair they made the new people do all the work and the job wasn’t for me but I would recommend it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

512.1K