Subway

Subway Employee Reviews for Sandwich Maker

Sandwich Maker1,595 reviews
United Kingdom1,595 reviews
Found 1,595 reviews matching the search
I learned a lot from the manger at the time, as she was willing to go above everything to make sure her staff understand and was at ease when working.
I like a team work is very nice every body know what to do so we manage make any kind of order very quickly and beter quality . and clintes go happy with us
Horrible place to work. No respect off management at all. Expected to work through illnesses. Get a five minute break IF your lucky. Doesnt matter if youv'e been there all day. My 'boss' explained that if were slow we dont get a break!
Pros
Free sandwich
Cons
Long hours, stay over the time on rota, they change labeling of food to benefit them.
I have worked on and off at Subway since being 16, I am now 23. It is such an easy job and also enjoyable which makes your shifts really fun! The only downside was the 0hr contract was not enough to live off hence why I have left to pursue full time roles.
Pros
Free food, good colleagues, fun job, easy
Cons
0hr contract, not enough hours to live off
Subway is a decent job for people who want and easy job! It’s pretty easy all you have to do is prep veg and meat, check dates, serve, make bread along side and bake cookies and clean it’s easier than it sounds
Pros
Good money
Cons
When busy it can be exhausting
Shifts can be as short as 2 hours. In my store the manager worked all day and would just get one person in to work for two hours to help them with the lunch time rush each day. Then on Sundays when they were off a member of staff was expected to work 9-5 alone all day meaning they could not take a proper break or even run to the toilet due to the workload expected of them.

Typical Day involves cleaning the oven, the proofer, the toaster, counting money in the Till, Counting the safe, Counting all sticks off bread in the store (freezer, fridge and front of shop) to enter this information into the till before starting the day; Preparing and baking all Bread and cookies as well as bagging some cookies up for sale in 3s; Setting up the counter - putting out all food, utensils and sauces, cleaning and heating the hot well ready for meatballs; writing a list of everything that needs to be prepared in terms of salad and meats for the day as well as filling out forms of what goes out of date that day. This you have to do in the half an hour time frame you’re given between the start of your shift and before the store opens. If you choose to come in earlier you won’t be paid from when you clock in.

Once the store is open you have to carry on with all of the food prep work which you’ve had to calculate you need to do, at the same time as serving customers and then there is pages of paperwork to fill out with initials and temperature checks. On some of the worse shifts the person working the night before will have left you with little to no preparation done unfortunately and so you’ll
 - more...
Pros
Free 6 Inch Sandwich if you work 6 Hours or more
Cons
Expect Far too much of one person, No flexibility and Little to no training given.
Worst company to work for. Never have a regular shift pattern or regular hours. Treat staff badly. Lots of responsibility for young workers, left alone for 4 hours at end of shift to serve customers, clean up and cash up.. then lock up. All for 6.15 per hour.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Job was actually fine. But owner was a bad person. I was working for Subway 2 years. For a half year I didn't get any payslips. They was cutting me tax, but didn't pay those money to HMRC! Later on I opened my account on HMRC web site and I saw this half year gap. Owner told me that happened by mistake and other stupid lies! Few months after this Subway was close. No P45. Nothing!
Cons
didn't pay tax. but they cut it from my salary
At my time at subway I learnt the menu within a week of working there
the manager was quite relaxed as long as the work was being done to an acceptable standard. All the other employees were friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late finishes
Manager is a dirty sleaze who watches staff (only young girls) on the cameras all day. His rules go against food standard. Advertises discount? Not true. Don’t expect overtime pay, but be expected to work overtime. ITS MINIMUM WAGE, no matter what ‘experience’ you have. Wages don’t come in until 6pm, too cheap for an accountant. Staff are just immature school girls. So be prepared to loose your hair
Pros
You will higher your standards of work after this job
Cons
My manager was lovely but the owners expected too much from the workers. I wasn’t paid enough and the process of starting took too long. I also was only given 4 hour shifts so it wasn’t really worth it and when discussing availability I was ignored and put on the rota when I had already said I couldn’t work.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Won’t put you on longer shifts
I was picked during my review and penalised for things I did not commit, very unfair process, the employees are nice and andy ward the manager is nice but the management is god awful. There was an incident with one of the employees which was disgusting, which involves se xual harassment to another co worker!(he still works there) All area managers are best pals, and they are all unprofessional at their job's. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Awful Management
I have learnt many skills working at subway. Such as team work, customer service skills, I have learnt the ability to manage my time management skills, therefore I am able to turn up on time.
Pros
I am able to work in a stressful environment and keep calm and consistent.
Cons
Can be really stressful when busy.
there is a lot of food cross contamination
food isn't fresh and doesn't look or smell fresh

actual work place is dirty

boss in unreliable when it comes to being paid
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
long hours with small chance of having a proper break or correct amount of breaks, food hygiene very low, a lot of food cross contamination, rarely paid on time or in full, shop doesn't make enough money
The old member that worked at subway were not friendly towards me. So I chose to leave because of the stress and anxiety.
To be clear this is not towards the new people and management that work at Bridgwater subway now. It was the previous management and staff.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Bullied
This was my very first job and it was terrible. My boss was not professional at all, she’d talk to me about other staff members that she didn’t like and I was never paid on time. The work itself is enjoyable and preparing the food isn’t hard at all, but it all depends on who you’re stuck working with.
I was lied to constantly, told I was going to get more money than I did, they wouldn't let me read my contract when I was signing it. Never got the ours i needed, there was times I wasn't making any money on shifts because of the travel cost and that it would only be a 3 hour shift.
Pros
free sub everyday, friendly staff
Cons
corporate lie
Unpaid training with one of staff member who had only been working at subway for two weeks before me. Very unorganised. Left to open and close stores countlessly by yourself even employees under 18. Not enough staff to keep up with lunchtime rush.
Pros
Free Subs
Cons
Long Hours, Little support
Overall a fine job if you’re not going to be spending too much time there.
The hours are horrendous and I’m sure our franchise was being ran incorrectly. Team was great however so it wasn’t all bad.
The employees there where great, but there was no manger, no fire exit, fly problems and when a team member became ill, it was ignored. The area manager did not send employees that were sick home, rather have them stay and throw up out back.
Pros
Lovely team
Cons
All above
Terrible management and pay. Most of the people who work there are there as a last resort, and there is no care put into the work. Terrible pay. Hopefully you like your co-workers.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
Everything else