Subway

Subway Employee Reviews for Sandwich Maker

Sandwich Maker1,589 reviews
United Kingdom1,589 reviews
Found 1,589 reviews matching the search
My manager was lovely but the owners expected too much from the workers. I wasn’t paid enough and the process of starting took too long. I also was only given 4 hour shifts so it wasn’t really worth it and when discussing availability I was ignored and put on the rota when I had already said I couldn’t work.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Won’t put you on longer shifts
Worst company to work for. Never have a regular shift pattern or regular hours. Treat staff badly. Lots of responsibility for young workers, left alone for 4 hours at end of shift to serve customers, clean up and cash up.. then lock up. All for 6.15 per hour.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Job was actually fine. But owner was a bad person. I was working for Subway 2 years. For a half year I didn't get any payslips. They was cutting me tax, but didn't pay those money to HMRC! Later on I opened my account on HMRC web site and I saw this half year gap. Owner told me that happened by mistake and other stupid lies! Few months after this Subway was close. No P45. Nothing!
Cons
didn't pay tax. but they cut it from my salary
At my time at subway I learnt the menu within a week of working there
the manager was quite relaxed as long as the work was being done to an acceptable standard. All the other employees were friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late finishes
Manager is a dirty sleaze who watches staff (only young girls) on the cameras all day. His rules go against food standard. Advertises discount? Not true. Don’t expect overtime pay, but be expected to work overtime. ITS MINIMUM WAGE, no matter what ‘experience’ you have. Wages don’t come in until 6pm, too cheap for an accountant. Staff are just immature school girls. So be prepared to loose your hair
Pros
You will higher your standards of work after this job
Cons
I was picked during my review and penalised for things I did not commit, very unfair process, the employees are nice and andy ward the manager is nice but the management is god awful. There was an incident with one of the employees which was disgusting, which involves se xual harassment to another co worker!(he still works there) All area managers are best pals, and they are all unprofessional at their job's. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Awful Management
I have learnt many skills working at subway. Such as team work, customer service skills, I have learnt the ability to manage my time management skills, therefore I am able to turn up on time.
Pros
I am able to work in a stressful environment and keep calm and consistent.
Cons
Can be really stressful when busy.
there is a lot of food cross contamination
food isn't fresh and doesn't look or smell fresh

actual work place is dirty

boss in unreliable when it comes to being paid
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
long hours with small chance of having a proper break or correct amount of breaks, food hygiene very low, a lot of food cross contamination, rarely paid on time or in full, shop doesn't make enough money
The old member that worked at subway were not friendly towards me. So I chose to leave because of the stress and anxiety.
To be clear this is not towards the new people and management that work at Bridgwater subway now. It was the previous management and staff.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Bullied
This was my very first job and it was terrible. My boss was not professional at all, she’d talk to me about other staff members that she didn’t like and I was never paid on time. The work itself is enjoyable and preparing the food isn’t hard at all, but it all depends on who you’re stuck working with.
I was lied to constantly, told I was going to get more money than I did, they wouldn't let me read my contract when I was signing it. Never got the ours i needed, there was times I wasn't making any money on shifts because of the travel cost and that it would only be a 3 hour shift.
Pros
free sub everyday, friendly staff
Cons
corporate lie
Unpaid training with one of staff member who had only been working at subway for two weeks before me. Very unorganised. Left to open and close stores countlessly by yourself even employees under 18. Not enough staff to keep up with lunchtime rush.
Pros
Free Subs
Cons
Long Hours, Little support
Overall a fine job if you’re not going to be spending too much time there.
The hours are horrendous and I’m sure our franchise was being ran incorrectly. Team was great however so it wasn’t all bad.
The employees there where great, but there was no manger, no fire exit, fly problems and when a team member became ill, it was ignored. The area manager did not send employees that were sick home, rather have them stay and throw up out back.
Pros
Lovely team
Cons
All above
Terrible management and pay. Most of the people who work there are there as a last resort, and there is no care put into the work. Terrible pay. Hopefully you like your co-workers.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work at! Sometimes it does get slow and others are just regular business hours. But, overall great environment where I worked at. Management was great to.
Great job wasn’t enough hours as I started at 40 per week and ended up with 16. Good for a school leaver or student. Enjoyed working with the customers
Pros
Friendly manager
Cons
Hours
Subway is a place to work for a hard working and quick thinking individual. it is full of lovely workers thet will help you every step of the way. if you are looking for a Safe, friendly and hard working environment this is for you.
Pros
free meals
Cons
can be stressful
Management have been great especially when I’ve needed time off for exams or personal reasons. Staff are very friendly and never had any problems. If you’re looking for a part time job while studying, it’s perfect. Only two issues - they pay minimum wage (even if you are a key holder) and as it’s a zero hour contract you could have 20 hours one week and the next you could have hardly any.
Pros
Free six inch sub on your break, free drinks, very easy to get time off
Cons
Low wage, no guarantee on hours
A typical day at subway would be quite relaxed not overly busy so stuff could be done I learned a lot about food handling and hygiene also the importance of working in a team the hardest part of the job for me is the busy days of nonstop customers
Pros
Gain experience with customers and on the importance of a team and food health and hygiene
Cons
Minimum wage
Do not work here you don’t get a interview you have to work a shift for free none stop no food break manager a bully completely inappropriate and unreasonable
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional unhygienic horrendous management