Subway

Subway Employee Reviews for Manager

Manager58 reviews
United Kingdom58 reviews
A typical day at work will be a mixed slow in the morning and busy around meal hours overall you will have things to do all the time such as preparation,,cleaning, compliance checks, ordering, training,ordering , stock taking, taking deliveries in and serving customers.
Don’t put your self though it honestly they only give you 8 he contract and use you when no other staff and the amount of commutation via Whta app is shucking and the way they speak to you and the management speak about other staff
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I have learnt how to manage the shop and how to communicate with the customers and other member of staff.
I know how to do stocktaking, preparing and keeping the shop clean. I know how to take and deal with orders and also complaints.
Its okay. if you want a life don't work here as they expect you to drop everything no matter what the situation is, they don't take into consideration your personal life. My area manager had no respect for the staff.
Working here as a college student is great, but working here as a full time mum, as a manager is not great, never getting time off always getting phone calls.
Salary pay is awful 17.500 a year shocking for what you have to do, no over time pay as your salary paid. Would never go back as a manager.
I think Subway in the U.K. is one of the better and most reliable North American franchised chains for decent hygiene standards and options for everyone. And a worthy option for those abstaining from animal sources for whatever reason, Staff are not properly trained and rewarded. The team work is good.
lower leval is a great job but the more you progress its not worth the pay. if ita a first job then perfect job for you. not enough money to live/ run a house hold.
Do not not work here. They do not care about food hygiene or correct payment. I didn't get a day off for months and was so exhausted. I don't know how they get away with it.
i worked for a particular company who owned a franchise, wouldn't go anywhere near them no life, strict on weird things, no dealings with harassment, no care of their staff. But they did have good progression
This is a very fast paced environment and could be a great company to work for but stock taking every tuesday and not getting paid for any outside contracted hours isn't really fair
Pros
Fast paced gives tou a confidence boost
Cons
Not getting paid outside contracted hours
Do anything to save pennies, couldn't care what your work life balance, the more they offload to you the better it is for them as they don't have to do anything
Pros
Quick notice perod
Cons
Selfish
I have worked for Subway since I was 16 (3 different stores). I’m now 22 and I’m a store Manager so it’s safe to say that I know a fair bit about footlongs. I do enjoy the aspect of being a manger and working with a great bunch of people but there is no work/ life balance and the salary is poor. On top of working over my hours I’m constantly put under pressure to reach unrealistic targets. Don’t get me wrong I like a challenge but there is only so many sandwiches you can sell in one week.
Loved working here and being part of a good team, however was under paid and worked too much, if the pay matched my work would still be working here as was a good place to work for.
If you want a life outside of work don’t even bother applying here. Majority of shops are franchises and training and wages differ with each. One of the worst places I have ever worked
Pros
Free 6inch
Cons
Hours, wages, training, management
very little training, bare minimum pay. used and abused, the franchisees profits are that matters. the management have very little training or experience and are paid very little
I have worked at Subway for over 2 years now due to circumstances and worked my way to manager.

It's a very easy job, but don't be fooled as you'll be waking up to go to work and when you get home you'll be going to bed just to wake up for the next day.

Everyday is the same boring repetitive mess where there is no order in terms of 'Subway', as you are working for a ghost company where each franchise has different rules and operations.

The pay is awful, especially for management roles such as team leader and manager. 15p more than minimum wage to run a shop.

You wont get the hours you requested either, as you are expected to come in when told even on your days off or you risk disciplinary.
Pros
Absolute nothing.
Cons
long hours, bad hours, hard work, repetitive, boring, bad pay, bad work/life
I was young when i worked in subway.
personally i think it was a great first job in regard to confidence and skill building and relationship to customer service.
Pros
free food, fast pace environment
Cons
quick turnover of staff
the hours are fine the progression is good the pay is inline with other companies the only problem is the franchised locations are not ideal if you re a non driver often in remote locations on busy carriageways they are also in a building which normally has a costa and greggs inside. Also having been there a few months i have been away to various locations for at least 5 weeks so far since july..
Pros
free sub is provided
Cons
placement
Práce v UK, kde jsem začínala jako sandwich artist a pak pracovala jako manager prodejny. Tato práce mi nejvíc pomohla k velkému zlepšen v angličtině.
Pros
samostatné plánování směn
Cons
práce o víkendu
Ambiente amigable en un puesto de trabajo dinámico y con compañeros de diferentes lugares del mundo
Fast working environment, fun and enjoyable. Get to meet new people and also build friendships with customers and staff members, shifts always seem to go pretty fast as it is a busy fast food restaurant.
Pros
Free drink and food over 4 hours
Cons
0 hour contracts