Subway

Subway Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative55 reviews
United Kingdom55 reviews
Very enjoyable place to work but hours are not set so can be difficult to plan in advance. I learnt to work in a fast-paced environment around the public, with good management that helps every step of the way.
very nice culture and good when serving customers and very nice to prepping the food and organizing the things and its really nice when engaging with different people and very nice and fair.
Pros
nice place for developing your skills
Cons
difficult to manage things careful and cleanly
It would get very stressful at times. Especially on weekends. Everything matters on great teamwork and good management. Employee benefits were almost none except I got to eat plenty on my breaks. All in all, a good place to start for youngsters but not the ideal job for a man in his 20s.
Subway has peak moments and in those moments you need to be fast paced but it does calm down and you can relax a little after that, there is always something to do when there are no customers such as cleaning jobs or preparing meat and veg for the next few days. Subway normally works with small teams so communication with your colleagues is key and something that is essential when peak periods are in. Most enjoyable part of the job is the banter with customers and colleagues as you can have a laugh and a joke with the people you are serving. Hardest part is keeping up speed during peak periods.
Good People they help you when you need them. Mangers are to good they help you when you are in trouble. I enjoyed working in subway and with nice people to work with.
In general the job itself is okay. You provide service to customers, and in the time in between you prepare food, clean the store areas and equipment, and ensure the shop is able to run. There is no task in the store that is particularly challenging or difficult to learn, however the initial learning curve is very steep.

The real downside is the complete lack of investment in the staff from the employers or management. Training is very fast and loose, and often times is not even provided by a senior member of staff, but is instead passed on from worker to worker so a team can somewhat function. Some of this is supplemented by the University of Subway programme, which is expected to be completed by staff in their own time, and are of course not paid to do. This contains a series of instructional videos detailing key parts of the job, but often has irrelevant information as the videos cater to American stores/culture.

From my experience there was always very high expectations from the management, constantly expecting improvements in speed, quality and volume of work, to the point of putting unnecessary pressure on members of staff, in what can already be a stressful environment. None of this results in an increase in pay, even when you reach the level where you are trusted to run shifts/close a shop. Also regarding pay, there was also a lot of inequality between the payments of staff members, as at least for the franchise I was working at, they paid each employee the minimum wage for their age range. I feel this is inexcusable, as expectations of each employee are the same.
 - more...
Overall i had a great experience working at subway. It was my first ever job and I enjoyed it. It was challenging at times however i would recommend others to work there.
Good to place to work and some opportunities for people to professional
Shifts are okay you can earn money for basic living within London

I enjoy working at subway
Overall, enjoyed working here. Friendly colleagues and the boss is always here to check up on everyone doing their roles properly. I would always wake up on time to be there.
Pros
Friendly employees, all hard working people. Learn new things and engage with customers everyday
Cons
was given advancement just to have It taken away multiple times just to be given back. Indecisive management. closing an opening by yourself no support. Often missed lunch breaks
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Frendly staff (non mangers)
I was the only male staff member here and I think that’s what made my experience horrible. I was given all the cleaning jobs and was always tasked with putting all the food and equipment away because it’s a “Mans Job” which is sexism. I was treated badly by the manager and other staff members. I’ve avoid subway. They’re horrible.
Not a bad place to work, minimal stress and good teams after experience working in 4 shops across Scotland. Pay is basic however managers are extremely flexible around personal commitments. Would recommend as a simple part timer job.
Pros
Free lunches/Good hours
Cons
Can suddenly send you to another store which can be inconvenient
Easy job, fast to learn and not busy.you will get a poor salary. wrong people provide a bad menagment, don't paid for a holidays. they sell a horrible food, often due to date.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad management
I worked here when i was very young and was only working around Ten hours a week for about £5 per hour. The job its self was fine for a part time role whilst i was studying but as most Subways, the one i worked at was a franchise and we would never be paid on time, as i was the only brave one it was left for me to send a text to the owner requesting our payment and overall They weren't a reliable Boss.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Never paid on time
I work in subway in a hospital the nurses where very rude and end up reporting u for it. Long hours good pay though. But as for the management very sly and make sure they get what they want even if it involves breaking afew roles. Have to say am glad to be out of that place
Pros
No free meals
Cons
Working at subway is a great place for a first time job. Staff make the environment to fun place to work. Depending on how busy the workplace is depend on how fast the work will go.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
flexi rota meaning hours can constantly change
management was rubbish left me to do job roles and positions that i cant and wernt given the training for including food hygeine/ safety tasks. expected to work independently expected to be the only member of staff on duty after 2 shifts training. manager refused to give out contract and i asked several times about the matter and the manager used this as a strike against my employment with an official warning.
Pros
proximity to home
Cons
terrible management and lack of support from other employees
Working at Subway is good,

some of the benefits are you get free food and drink whilst working

downfalls are you are expected to work alone a lot of the time and this can be a little boring especially when it's really quite.
Effective management of time and learning different tasks .
Multi tasking including receptionist and at the same time be an efficient sandwich maker.

First source of contact with the customers.
Pros
Communication skills
Cons
I had a good time working at subway before moving to London, I learned a lot of things there, like having a good relationship with customer, working on pressure and solving problems with more facilities.
A fast food business that provides customers with a great variety of food including healthy options. Staff are well trained in all aspects of customer service and food safety and hygiene.