Subway

Subway Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager47 reviews
United Kingdom47 reviews
Position summary: The Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
It's a really good platform to polish your customer service skills. It's an amazing place for all the food lovers, if your are passionate about food. The management is always helpful
Subway has taught me so many new skills as an employee. I took my mangers course there and this can now help me get into management for new jobs. You really can learn many skills working at subway.
I was assistant manager and team leader of two different stores and they expect the world of you for not much more of minimum wage, stupid hours some days ridiculously busy with 2 members of staff and some days so dead you could slam your head off a wall. 0 hour contracts so hours are unreliable and unsociable. Only good thing is if you like the people you’re working with it makes it more bearable
Busy day serving a lot of customers, great team.
The shift always ran smoothly, sometimes we worked on our own, learnt how to work on my own and in a busy team.
Subway is a very straight forward job once you learn the formulas and how to do the cleaning. I've learnt so much about food hygiene and health and safety from here and have improved my customer service skills.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lone working till late at night
A typical day at work varies with its quiet and busy periods, some expected and some not.
Pros
Free Lunch
overall, staff were asked to work substantially harder and more strenuous shifts, sometimes on their own to maximise the profits while keeping labour costs down. this resulted in a high staff turnover and a generally unpleasant environment to work in.
Pros
N/a
Cons
working 8 hours solo, through the busiest periods of day
Its a typical good fast food to start off a career in customer services. Definitely easier load than working in other fast food places and more customer relations since you would be talking to customers directly.
I cook the foot long ever morning for the day and cookies and make sure we have all the different meat for the sandwich and all get a delivery alive fresh 🥗 for the day
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
On your own
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
Assistant manerger was only on basic wage working till 3-4 in the morning then expected to be in early the next day had to run round 3 different shops due to lack off staff store managers do nothing I was more or less running shops and getting sales in the food hygiene standards and cleaning practice s of some of the students working there on a night was questionable as well
Pros
Free coffee tea pop food
Cons
Long hours treat me like worse then scum
good job to climb the ladder and to learn new skills
learning the importence of food health and safety

learn to work in team and in a fast paced environment
a typical day is a busy day but its a good place to work for, all the people that work there are nice to work with, its an easy place to work for, i got on with everyone thats what made my day enjoyable
Pros
happy work place
Cons
no free lunch
subway will take away all of your private time at home with friends and family and your weekends. Your soul will disappear into thin air working for peanuts for a company who don't give a hoot. Avoid at all costs.
this company is fun and friendly everyone treats each other like family. we helped each other with prep and cleaning jobs also we use to just got out together
Pros
free employee meals
Cons
My team alongside me was very fun to work with and hardworking, I loved my manager, as she was always there to help with anything she could. If we had any troubles she would go through things throughly and properly.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
No set days
Its a fast working enviroment where the management work with the team to help achieve the results they need. we always work in a happy enviroment where everyone works well together
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very demanding
I enjoyed my time here. However I felt that you could have been taken advantage of easily. The hours were quiet unsociable and you were given little to no thanks for the work provided.
Bake the perfect bread, have always clean and tidy store, enjoy working here,friedly colleagues ,positive attitude.I learn to work in team,doing orders, counting money, doing stock for the store once a week.
Pros
free meals
Well it was my life first experience and first job so it was difficult in start but in a month i improve himself.Management was magnificent i have learned alot.
Pros
non
Cons
non
very good ,very fun ,long days, learn a lot in catering industry,everyone will help you if you nice to them, it can be busy in holiday times ,but the busy it gets the better it is to work there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours