Subway

Subway Employee Reviews in Sandwich

Sandwich75 reviews
I really enjoy work for the company we work well together as family just shame they closed it down .
Made sandwiches to order handling cash washing up following cleaning rota taking telephone order

Place food order and putting the delivery away
Pros
Free sandwiches
The employees there where great, but there was no manger, no fire exit, fly problems and when a team member became ill, it was ignored. The area manager did not send employees that were sick home, rather have them stay and throw up out back.
Pros
Lovely team
Cons
All above
Great job wasn’t enough hours as I started at 40 per week and ended up with 16. Good for a school leaver or student. Enjoyed working with the customers
Pros
Friendly manager
Cons
Hours
I regretted working in subway, horrible company to worked for and don't care about it staff, you may work 12 shifts a day, they won't provided you water or food.The management are horrible.
a typical day at work included being left on your own to manage the whole shop, clean prep and look after customers. management did not do their jobs up to standard but penalised people if they did not do their jobs up to standard. the managers made you feel uncomfortable within the workplace due to cliques and arguments they would involve themselves in.
Working at subway is enjoyable as all the workers are nice and funny. The management is not the best and can be worked on. Standard of cleanliness is high. Working with the members of the public builds your confidence very quickly
Pros
Discounted food whilst working
Cons
The workplace was horrible, I felt like the staff did not treat me with respect and they had their little group in which I was excluded. I was only making sandwiches when they wanted to gosip, or when staff was low even then I was only on salad. Most of the time I would be called in to do the washing up. The manager was awful and absolutely up her own butt (excuse the language). The back is unclean.
Pros
Free lunches, discount
Cons
Long hours, disrespectful staff/manager, unclean
Enjoyed working with a various amount of customers and the team i worked with were really fun and simple individuals. Got plenty of work done and always looked out for each other.
When working for Subway, they tend to give you a zero hour contract which means that you are not guaranteed any hours whatsoever. This is not good for people who have to pay rent/pay for food. For people who basically live in their own independent place, like me. I was given 2 hours a week which, because we get paid four-weekly, ended up only being 50-54 quid for every pay check but now they have cut me and a few of my colleagues down to literally zero hours. Stay away from this company!!!
Pros
Free food on shift
Cons
Zero hour contract
As i was working in subway i was working one day a week for 5 hours earning £4.15 an hour at the age of 17 so i was making roughly £20 a week which wasn't enough but for only working 1 day a week i had plenty of time for my social life.
Subway is about as great as you can expect it to be. The job is easy and the hours are good, a great start off job. I've worked in multiple Subways and the management has always been terrible in each of them so I'm lead to believe that the franchise is bad at finding the right fit for their company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
I enjoyed working at subway as a weekend job while I was finishing school and it was located close to home and school, I also made good friends while working there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
loitering teens
Working at Subway was my first role. I enjoyed learning how to work in a busy environment, and how to serve guests in the appropriate and best way.
Subway was fun, and not too difficult.
its a zero hours contract, they wont tell you your next shift until the evening before. So many labor law violations, forced to work while sick.

The owners will make up excuses to deduct your wages, missing hours recorded. Paid cash in hand, sometimes some money is missing. you are unlikely to get paid the full min wage.

Expected to work like a labor camp for little pay, get the blame for everything that goes wrong. Understaffed, expected to work harder for the same pay.
Pros
free food
Cons
not being paid
It was Fun working at subway, as its a food business i got to learn so many things about food, security and more. As it was on University Campus it was really busy so because of that it helped me impoved my communication skills ans helped me deal with customers. Experienced with food (safety and expiry) can work at Till.
Pros
Felt like family
Cons
No discount and nothing free
A typical day would consist of 8+ hour days, but in a fun environment with friendly people! Great if you like to work as part of a team, as this is beneficial to make sure that the store runs smoothly.
Great management with changes to progress further if you want to.

Lunch time rushes are difficult but the job itself is very rewarding and if you like sandwiches, then you get a free one on your lunch which is a bonus!
Pros
Working as part of a team, free sandwich, good atmosphere!
Cons
Long Hours
Working for subway at first was amazing; I’ve worked for two subways overall - and the job itself is not difficult yet what is, is the unbearable hours, poor pay and horrible franchisees and management. There is hardly any support, with franchisees solely focused on money and not the welfare of their employees which is disgusting.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, horrible pay, bad management and horrible franchisees
Was not fun, was underpaid first job. Did not enjoy working at subway at all. However this is a franchise so it will vary from branch to branch so who knows
Cons
Pay
The worst place I have ever worked for. Awful management, awful shift times, awful pay for the amount of horrible customers we have to deal with. Never choose to work here.
Pros
No staff benefits, not even free lunch.
Cons
awful shifts
a typical day at work was always busy with a large amount of customers. however, the manager I worked was not very skilled as a manager and shifts weren't uploaded till late. she would make us use out of date onions. the store was very dirty
It's fast food retail so obviously nothing illustrious. The work hours aren't the best and aren't fixed. You get the typical drawbacks of retail jobs but you do get free food and management that genuinely care about their employees.
Pros
Good Management, Free Food
Cons
Bad Hours, Rude Customers