Subway

Subway Employee Reviews in Manchester

Manchester49 reviews
I worked at the Wigan branch for Subway , franchisee was Made to Order based in Deansgate shop in Mcr. The best training was done at this branch in Manchester. I was shown how to prove the bread , add the toppings then bake it off,. Always keeping the prover & oven full as it was a busy shop.
Pros
Sociable places to work.
Cons
Promise of my own shop, never materialised
I worked at subway for 4+ years and got no where in the company. With the false promise of being able to climb the ladder it turns out you can only do that when you're good friends with/ related too the people in head office.

Got so overworked doing jobs that a manager should be doing and working 50/60+ hours a week that I had a breakdown and was told to leave my problems at home.

0 hour contracts which are standard as is minimum wage mean that even when you're ill and can't work you are guilted into working or you can't afford to take a day off.
Pros
Coworkers become family
Cons
Everything else
. I managed to gain a good experience from working here, I developed to work better as a team and to co-ordinate with staff members better. I also took the opportunity to learn work on the till and to be more confident to the customers, I also learnt how to be more welcoming and friendly, this is a good skill to demonstrate because it shows a good understanding of communicating with others and it improves my customer service skills.
I learnt a lot at subway especially how organised and sufficient they are and how things are prepared, ordered and delivered with great customer service.
Pros
free food and drink on shift.
Cons
can be quiet.
The management is disgusting and horrific. So unprofessional I know someone who was working there for a good month and didn’t meet the manager at all and everyone she asked the manager about her pay they ignored her. She was working there for a month and didn’t once get told about the pay and when she decided to leave because she had enough they turned around and called her w time waster. Disgusting . It is slave labour
On minimum wage
A typical day at work would be rather fastpaced, but due to nature of job working days go by fast. Hardest part of the job is providing good customer service to each customer whilst maintaning a steady flow in the que.
Just dont do this to yourself
They dont give a 2 hoots if you get paid at all or even right

Massive deal If you want to book a holiday or are sick

No work/ life balance

Expect you to do absolutely everything including shutting the store and manager jobs etc banking even though your on team member with no hope of changing

Company doesn't care about employees
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Subway
I am enjoying working at Subway from the perspective of developing customer service skills, and looking at ways in which the brand is marketing. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free employee meals and i would say the hardest is to manage everything when you are on your own.

duties included:

- serving customers

- cleaning

- cashing up at the end of the day and closing the franchise at the end of the day
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
As it was my first job, I found this job quite knowledgeable andfunfull.
As a sandwich artist I have to open and close the shop, prep food, display product or food, cleaning and washing, cash handling and customer service were typical day tasks of the job.

As part of a team I learned how to be a good team player, people person, retail lover, professional and proactive. Management was quite nice they all were very friendly and kind with their employee.

Making suds for people is a lot of fun to get to meet new people everyday and some regular customers too. Difficult part was for me that the work place was to far away from my house but it all worth it because when you meet with different people and your friend. they fill up your day with joy and laughter.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
To away from my house
Well i am a food lover person and i been working for them for 1 year now ..Its fun there but when staff dont show up or when its very super busy then uts a little stressful but at the end of shift ITS STILL FUN
Pros
Free food drinks
Cons
Salary should be 9£ atleast
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
When I first started I never got any sort of training. Staff that worked there were leaving and if you didn’t get on with the manager you would hardly get any hours. The pay was also rubbish for what you do. Wouldn’t recommend
Pros
Free employee meal
Cons
Horrible staff
There was a lot of cons, but it's alright for part-time students. You get zero hour contract and you can request for specific working hours, so it's quite easy to combine working hours with uni/hobbies
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Repetitive
I work in subway in a hospital the nurses where very rude and end up reporting u for it. Long hours good pay though. But as for the management very sly and make sure they get what they want even if it involves breaking afew roles. Have to say am glad to be out of that place
Pros
No free meals
Cons
great place to work like a change,good pay ,and great people always new things to do and clean place , from making food to customer service always perfect and always customer comes first ,love it here but would like new chalange
Pros
free food
Cons
non
Jit is superboss, he is warm and kind person who tells you that you've done good job and he is proud.
Pros
free foot long sandwich a day, free cookies and pastries at the end of the day, free beverages, great boss, great employees
My time at Subway was fantastic.

A typical work day would include the likes of being face to face with the public. Working along side a team that would have to move very quickly for fast service. Providing a clean working and eating environment for all of the health and safety regulations. Some days would get stressful due to the high capacity of customers. That being said, each day was a new experience and a fun time.

I learned a lot about the job and how stressful it can get to be a manager (not that I was a manager) at working for such a big company. The amount of behind closed doors requirements that had to be met were more than I had anticipated.

The work environment and the 'banter' that came with the job were all the perks in my book. Generally a really fun place to work and you meet the nicest friends there.
Pros
Free Lunches, Weekends off.
Cons
Long Hours, Stressful Days.
what can i really say about Subway i started there in the autumn of 2016 i was working lots of overtime and both day and night the shop i was working in was one of the 3 24/7 Subway's in Manchester just in Fridays and Saturdays at the start i didnt knew anything about the business but i made progress fast and in just 2 months i become a Supervisor
Pros
free lunches
great interaction with customers
lively fun working environment, especially when busy

great relationship building with colleagues

sometimes stressful but nothing out of the ordinary
Pros
customer facing
Cons
be prepared to get your hands dirty
good management quality and good introduction to the positions. either for people without exp in the restaurant sector subway is without doubt a good place where to start.
In general its a great environment which attracts good people, it has a good culture which makes it fun to work with others.

I have learnt a lot since i became a manager most importantly it has improved my people skills as a leader and i enjoyed the new challenges it brought.

I have also learnt how to manage a business with the tools at my disposal.
Pros
free meal, flexible hours
Cons
long hours, work from home sometimes
the manager was abusive and always gave the workers grief.
at 16 only get paid 4.05 an hour, with no possible advancements, youd have to wait 2 years to get a better pay.

the days can be boring depending on where the subway is and the day e.g. town centres are busy and other places arent so much, sunday was harder because it drags when no customers come in.

some of the workers are really nice, but the worst part about the job is bad money and awful manager.
Pros
free lunch, good when busy
Cons
long hours when its not busy, manager, money