Subway

Subway Employee Reviews in London

London112 reviews
Good place to work at! Sometimes it does get slow and others are just regular business hours. But, overall great environment where I worked at. Management was great to.
Overall a fine job if you’re not going to be spending too much time there.
The hours are horrendous and I’m sure our franchise was being ran incorrectly. Team was great however so it wasn’t all bad.
I acc hated working here. Literally I tried to like it but I couldn’t. They keep expired food just so they don’t waste money, managers are so unorganised and have to do literally everything which is to stressful
The worst part is it's not a set schedule so you don't know what days you're going to have off until the week they put the schedule out and the good part is sometimes the work with your schedule but then again you don't get a full 40 hours per week if you want a job with 40 hours that's not the job
Yes Subway is international frenchise and very cost but good quality food in world so Subway is healthy food and new versity off food and different type off drink
I think Subway in the U.K. is one of the better and most reliable North American franchised chains for decent hygiene standards and options for everyone. And a worthy option for those abstaining from animal sources for whatever reason, Staff are not properly trained and rewarded. The team work is good.
At subway my role as a part timer meant i didn't have much responsibility in my role. However the skills that i've gained from working there have definitely prepared me for similar busy roles.
During the trial period of this job I was clearly given the most challenging tasks which the other employees expected me to know how to complete without even training me properly. This was extremely unfair as I was being judged on my speed and accuracy on something I had never ever done before. I was soon after given the job however I did not take it due to the fact all the employees were incredibly disrespectful. The workplace culture not at all a very nice atmosphere to be in for example on my second trial day there was a massive argument between the kitchen staff on who was in charge of what which shows the management quality is incredibly poor. As well as this I was put on shop front repeatedly when it got very busy even though I was the most inexperienced and most likely to make mistakes, as no point did I actually get taught how to do any of the tasks properly and I was expected to know how to do them which shows how utterly rubbish the training process also is. Lastly I was forced to stay an extra 10 minutes after my shift was ended to help clean up which I found unfair for someone who was not even getting paid to do two 6 hour shifts. Overall subway is not a great job unless you are up for a great challenge and a stressful, fast paced environment to work in. The only bright side to this job was the free lunch in the 20 minute break.
I was working with friendly people. I had flexible working hours but the management was so poor. I have not received all my money. I get in touch with the person who is responsible for payments but she was so rude and does not even care.

Apart from that, the work was easy but stressful.
Subway is a great palce to work, espically for beginners, this is a fun and environmentally friednly restaurant. Subway has respect towards the customers and servers each customer with the right tools.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
Most of the franchises are owned by people who don’t actually know how to run a business. They don’t care for their workers and this is reflected in the pay. The franchise I work for doesn’t pay us all the same. Some people get cash in hand weekly whilst I was meant to get paid monthly but I didn’t even receive my pay until I practically nagged my manager for it. I didn’t even revive a payslip. It’s a relatively easy job and you do have fun while serving customers because it’s quite casual. . The franchise I work for is disgusting and dirty but again that will depend where you work. I’ve been into most subways and have had to walk star
it was a family at Subway which had a lot of stressful times easy times. I learned more about myself and how to deal with pressure and still perform well
Is Frainchaise so all people can open a store, i worker for more than one year in more subway store and is everytime same situation, very poor management, the store try stole your hour, no payd holiday and a lot of lazy people coworker coz is full of people think is no a real job. My advice is take this job only if don't have any confidence with the language, just if your only alternative is the kitchen porter, when improve you englishe get out!
i would come in at 1/2 and from 5 i would be working alone
learned how to make sandwiches.

management was unfair to me as i asked not to work late or by myself but i was ignored.

no ethnic diversity the boss and the workers would speak in their own language know i didn't understand what they were saying.

hardest part was working alone.

most enjoyable part is not applicable.
Working at subways means you are doing variety of duties in a day. No two days are similar which means you get to learn a lot. Its fast paced and fun.
I worked in subway for 2 years and I think overall it is a decent position for students. In my opinion, the wage doesn’t meet the duties as there are quite a lot duties you will have
Worked there a couple years back when i was only 16. They had me close the store at 12am alone despite my age, took money from my wage every month, poor management. Despite all this the customers weren't too bad.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too short of staff
there weren't many benefits to be honest, the work hours were long for little pay. For people looking to work a subway make sure you're comfortable with spending majority of your tie behind the store cleaning.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
A typical day of work would be working at evening shift working on the till, serving customers, and cleaning tasks and filling in the paperwork and doing the order pads..
Pros
free cookies and sandwiches
Cons
Working on your feet all day
Going into work everyday was not a problem as it was a fun environment to be in aswell as hardworking. The colleagues around me were very supportive during times help was needed, which makes the job easier and better. The most enjoyable part of the job is making peoples customised subs as you get to see different combinations people enjoy eating. On the flip side, the most difficult part about the job is keeping up with the customers, as 1 leaves another 2 would come in so it really tests your skills
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
While working at subway I learn a verity of new skills and also developed my existing ones. The manager was extremely helpful and always pushing me to be my best.