Subway

Subway Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Glasgow39 reviews
Subway is a lot of hard work. Franchised. Different franchises have different pay and requirements. You are required to do a lot of things over and above your job.
Pros
free 6 inch sandwich and a drink
Cons
long hours, sometimes too long
Great company I really enjoyed working there I did my job and cooperated with everyone and got along with all the staff the job itself is easy once you get the hang of it the management wasn’t the best
Overall a good team of staff but overworked as normally only 2 on shift to do everything. Must be willing to work hard. Overall public are generally easy to deal with and can be a rewarding job if you get everything prepped and are fully prepared for your day to run smoothly. Not being a big shop you can also be held accountable if you waste too much and if the till is short it can all come out of your wage. I don't agree with this as your not the only person on till at any given time so you basically could be paying for others mistakes same as with waste as for example if someone made too much bread and then you take over and waste it for being stale you can end up paying for it.
Pros
Good boss and management, decent staff
Cons
Short staffed for busy periods, a lot of work for generally 2 people on shift.
Not a very good atmosphere, discrimination, not a very nice environment to work in.. I promise you that. I would rather go without than work for Subway.. nothing suits them and they have WhatsApp group chats so if you mess up they send pictures of your mistakes for everyone to see even the boss..
Management sucks and company headquarters do not care about you. Local shops run by incapable managers who are either related to the boss or someone else who knows the boss.. subway is just bad! And company's policy to not pay you for breaks even though you don't get all of them.....I just have no words.
Work six or more hours without a break, taken for granted, very poor wages, not given any gratitude, expected, to give 100% for very bad minimum wages.
In Subway there was may things to do in a typical day, there was making food for the customers, making sure money exchange was quick and right, keeping the store clean at all times and doing the banking at the end of the night. When I worked for Subway I worked for almost every on in the Glasgow area and this helped me get more hours and a better wage at the end of the month. I learned a lot from my time there and most of all I learned how to treat customers and how to be patient with my other co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Not a bad place to work, minimal stress and good teams after experience working in 4 shops across Scotland. Pay is basic however managers are extremely flexible around personal commitments. Would recommend as a simple part timer job.
Pros
Free lunches/Good hours
Cons
Can suddenly send you to another store which can be inconvenient
lots of amazing experiance and thing to learn .
very friendly enviroment

helped alot with condicance

fun experiance

good place to do work experiance
Pros
free lunch, enjoyable
Cons
non
i have worked at subway for 7 years amd it is a great company to work for.
i hae really enojoyed my time at this company and i will miss it derarly.

you can get free lunches evry shift you work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
A typical day is often busy as there are a lot of customers coming in and out especially if the franchise is located in a busy area or close to schools. I've learned a lot there such as leadership skills and communication skills. The management, however, was not good as my manager would often forget to order more supplies like cheese and never actually gave any training to me when I first got the job and I had to learn on the job but, even then I didn't really get trained properly. In a way, I was basically just making guesses half of the time. The workplace culture was good at first but, over time the other employees you work with often lose their temper and don't really know English that well. There is this one employee that I work with who constantly shouts and does not do the job properly as she often forgets to prepare certain food and disappoints a customer dropping our sales. The hardest part is just getting through the rush hour and working with disrespectful employees. The only enjoyable part of the job is probably talking to customers and taking their orders. Overall, my experience in the franchise that I worked in wasn't great. I am not sure what it is like in other franchise but, mine is definitely not worth working at.
Pros
Free food
Cons
disrespectful employees and late pay
Subway was a good work place overall bar a few things that happened to me while working there, good hours, good environment and fairly easy work. The higher management could of been a lot better though.
Started my first job in one of the stores and found it a pretty good work environment as colleagues were nice and the beginning of the job was pretty easy as we were just learning how to prep and make everything. Our manager refused to have more than one person on after 5 because he didn't see the need for two people to be getting paid for it but in reality two people are needed to be able to get all duties done for the next day. Customers were the only thing keeping us going through the long shifts which sometimes were from 12pm-9.30pm (with your break having to be taken an hour into shift so the other person can leave) or later depending on how busy the shift was and how quickly you got everything done. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work in this poorly managed and dismal work environment.
Pros
A free 6 inch sub for lunch
Cons
Long hours, Poor management, no work/life balance
Busy on the weekends, a load of fun working with my colleagues, customers can be rude, so need to have patience. The store is managed perfectly, as everything is on it's place.
Pros
Deals
Cons
Wage is bad
Is a good place to eat and very fast paced moving environment to work in. Hygiene plays an important role in this work place and staff take this very seriously. Timescales are met due to the public demand of orders but keeps in good form anyway.
Made to feel small when asking for a holiday which you are entitled to. Get an extra 10p per hour for superviser role and expected to open shop, deal with banking, Rotas, ordering etc. Not worth the extra 10p.
When i worked in subway the day to day life was just the same, it was a fun working environment but unfortunately the management in the franchise i worked in was not all that great unfortunate as i really enjoyed working for them.
Its been an excellent experiment working with subway as I never been part of any food brand previously. its different then others & its uniqueness makes it interesting.
Decent food decent workers decent customers decent hygiene decent life decent work decent shops decent selection decent prices decent mate decent game decent graphics decent game
enjoyable if you like the store and staff.

1. great workplace

2. frustrating school students

3. less experienced area manager

4. no bonus when achieved targets
Pros
free lunches and availability
Cons
discount coupons
I personally found this a stressful job which was not worth the minimum wage. However I think how enjoyable you found this job would depend on the individual work place you are in.