Subway

Subway Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Birmingham62 reviews
A typical day in Subway consisted of constant sandwich making, cleaning and keeping customers happy. Most days, these tasks were completely capable of doing, however on busier days than usual, these tasks may come across as stressful.
I have learnt how to manage the shop and how to communicate with the customers and other member of staff.
I know how to do stocktaking, preparing and keeping the shop clean. I know how to take and deal with orders and also complaints.
Very relaxed working environment, no discipline set in at all. working hours are good very very flexible around your life. great culture. some hard work required during peak times.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Early start times
Great first job learnt a lot about customer service I worked in 3/4 stores all very clean and all staff where polite and very helpful sandwich maker .
Overall i had a great experience working at subway. It was my first ever job and I enjoyed it. It was challenging at times however i would recommend others to work there.
Overall, enjoyed working here. Friendly colleagues and the boss is always here to check up on everyone doing their roles properly. I would always wake up on time to be there.
Pros
Friendly employees, all hard working people. Learn new things and engage with customers everyday
Cons
secure job and good job for experience in customer service. hours are flexible. sometimes youll have to work alone and it could get busy but pay is okay.
Shifts can be organized around what you can do. Fairly okay pay will rise with more training and responsibilities. Lots of training offer and these lessons can be used in other jobs.
I have worked for subway for 4 years! Store manager no perks £7 per hour :( 60 hours a week franchise is a joke no career progression.. franchisee doesn’t care about staffs
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours under staffed
I ve been with the company over 6 years now, and i have enjoyed my time working for Eurogarages. The management are good and will help you with anything you need. It is a good company for progression and if you are willing to work your best you will be recognized for it. There are many good people in the Company and have made a big difference over the years i have been there. Louise has been there since i started and has consistantly been helpful from the beginning.
This was a good chance to see how a fast paced environment is like, getting the experiene contributed to my skills as it involved working under pressure.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rude employer
Typical day was OK, there was always tasks to keep you on your feet and when it got busy, that's when the saying working well under pressure is put to the test.

What i learned was skills to do with customer service, dealing with complaints, cleaning and preparation skills, albeit making sandwiches to customers desires.

Management was good, not really a bad word i can say about the chap who was my manager, but i mostly worked with other fellow employees where as management would be tending to the delivery stocklists and dealing with the backbone of the establishment as he were competent for the task.

hardest part of the job was dealing with silly customers and getting them to leave (e.g, school kids)

most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the day when you knew you had an hour left to go after a strenuously hard works day, full of customers in a sweltering hot subway establishment being toasted yourself by the toasting machine.
Pros
free lunches, they look after you
Cons
can be tediously repetitive
I will never forget subway, a wonderful place to start. But with its limited ways to advance it means that if you want to advance you have to look elsewhere.
Pros
Decent pay, nice lunch perks
Cons
no advancement, only two roles: artiest and manager
• Worked efficiently under pressure to maintain high standards of customer service during busy, fast-paced operations.
• Trusted to independently manage, open and close the store.

• Train new employees and supervise junior employees.

• Handle tricky customers, complaints and tense situations.
Working with customers was challenging however the actual role was easy to understand and adjust to . The work hours may be long but they are very conscientious and can be fitting around some schedules.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
Manger is biased
Workers were forced to work more than what they are required due to only one person working at a time. Manager was lazy and consistently took breaks every other hour whereas the staff were not allowed any breaks and were made to work constantly. Regular issues with underpayment.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Manager was only there for free food and provided no support, poor staff management
Working at Subway is good,

some of the benefits are you get free food and drink whilst working

downfalls are you are expected to work alone a lot of the time and this can be a little boring especially when it's really quite.
You will go from periods of almost nothing to do, to having to serve 20 people, nothing too difficult other than having to work fast and be able to multi-task.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Bank Holidays, Working Weekends, Usually Minimum Wage
Zero-hours modern slavery contract. They don't pay holidays and will ask you to perform manager tasks (very often working alone in the store) which are not established in your duties and for which you don't get paid for.
Avoid unless you need a temporary part time job which you don't rely on and can dismiss when you please.
Overall it was fun working for subway, it depends on the store owner what the store environment will be like.
My experience was good I really enjoyed working there, obviously the pay was not great
Subway provided me with the opportunity to acquire essential skills and knowledge. Subway also provided me with ample opportunity to progress in my career and provided a challenging and rewarding career experience.
Pros
Free lunches, Career advancement and Work culture