Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

United Kingdom2,551 reviews
Found 2,551 reviews matching the search
Unpaid training with one of staff member who had only been working at subway for two weeks before me. Very unorganised. Left to open and close stores countlessly by yourself even employees under 18. Not enough staff to keep up with lunchtime rush.
Pros
Free Subs
Cons
Long Hours, Little support
This was my very first job and it was terrible. My boss was not professional at all, she’d talk to me about other staff members that she didn’t like and I was never paid on time. The work itself is enjoyable and preparing the food isn’t hard at all, but it all depends on who you’re stuck working with.
very nice culture and good when serving customers and very nice to prepping the food and organizing the things and its really nice when engaging with different people and very nice and fair.
Pros
nice place for developing your skills
Cons
difficult to manage things careful and cleanly
I was lied to constantly, told I was going to get more money than I did, they wouldn't let me read my contract when I was signing it. Never got the ours i needed, there was times I wasn't making any money on shifts because of the travel cost and that it would only be a 3 hour shift.
Pros
free sub everyday, friendly staff
Cons
corporate lie
Overall a fine job if you’re not going to be spending too much time there.
The hours are horrendous and I’m sure our franchise was being ran incorrectly. Team was great however so it wasn’t all bad.
The employees there where great, but there was no manger, no fire exit, fly problems and when a team member became ill, it was ignored. The area manager did not send employees that were sick home, rather have them stay and throw up out back.
Pros
Lovely team
Cons
All above
i would get in for around 11am before it started to speed up during rush hour from 12am till 1pm, at this point we could serve anywhere from 20 to 100 customers. After this we would begin to clean up around the store and then get ready for after school customers, witch is usually fast pace but bearable if your on your own. all in all the experience of working at subway was really enjoyable and a great learning experience.
Pros
flexible
Cons
fast pace
Terrible management and pay. Most of the people who work there are there as a last resort, and there is no care put into the work. Terrible pay. Hopefully you like your co-workers.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work at! Sometimes it does get slow and others are just regular business hours. But, overall great environment where I worked at. Management was great to.
it heavily depends on where you are located, because every manager works their store differently. Some places are extremely stressful, overworking and underpaying, whereas others are quite fair and enjoyable. It's pretty much a coinflip. Good luck
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
Waterloo rd Blackpool do not buy from here selling outdated food the owner is abusive the story is on Google report sent to licencing bully manager do boycott this shop at once now do not buy the staff are mistreated
Pros
Do not trust ever
Cons
Boycott this shop
Great job wasn’t enough hours as I started at 40 per week and ended up with 16. Good for a school leaver or student. Enjoyed working with the customers
Pros
Friendly manager
Cons
Hours
This is very helpful company to work. People can learn word easily. Subway have wonderful work opportunities. People are enjoy Subway food and drinks. Subway is would recognise brand.
Great job if you're stuck for things to do. The pay is shocking, and there's no much room for growth. But it was stress free, and you get to eat great food.
Pros
Not stressful, friendly, good food
Cons
Shocking pay
This was my first job after college and it was perfect for introducing me to the working world and meeting new people. The teams are small enough that you become close to all your colleagues and you learn alot of skills that can be used in many careers further on.

My only complaints come from how certain franchise owners can treat staff sometimes. They have a habit of prioritizing profits over things such as quality of training. Most of the time they are fair to work around your life with your work schedule however
Pros
Learn lots, retail experience, food hygeine experience
Cons
Low pay, can be alot of work when busy, occasional bad customers
Subway is a place to work for a hard working and quick thinking individual. it is full of lovely workers thet will help you every step of the way. if you are looking for a Safe, friendly and hard working environment this is for you.
Pros
free meals
Cons
can be stressful
Management have been great especially when I’ve needed time off for exams or personal reasons. Staff are very friendly and never had any problems. If you’re looking for a part time job while studying, it’s perfect. Only two issues - they pay minimum wage (even if you are a key holder) and as it’s a zero hour contract you could have 20 hours one week and the next you could have hardly any.
Pros
Free six inch sub on your break, free drinks, very easy to get time off
Cons
Low wage, no guarantee on hours
A typical day at subway would be quite relaxed not overly busy so stuff could be done I learned a lot about food handling and hygiene also the importance of working in a team the hardest part of the job for me is the busy days of nonstop customers
Pros
Gain experience with customers and on the importance of a team and food health and hygiene
Cons
Minimum wage
Working there gave me a opportunity to work it also meant I learnt how to deal with a fast paced environment and met new people every day it was different every day
Pros
Shifts suitable to me
Cons
Pay
Do not work here you don’t get a interview you have to work a shift for free none stop no food break manager a bully completely inappropriate and unreasonable
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional unhygienic horrendous management
I worked at subway for 4+ years and got no where in the company. With the false promise of being able to climb the ladder it turns out you can only do that when you're good friends with/ related too the people in head office.

Got so overworked doing jobs that a manager should be doing and working 50/60+ hours a week that I had a breakdown and was told to leave my problems at home.

0 hour contracts which are standard as is minimum wage mean that even when you're ill and can't work you are guilted into working or you can't afford to take a day off.
Pros
Coworkers become family
Cons
Everything else