Subway Employee Reviews

Found 167 reviews matching the search See all 34,618 reviews
stressful
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Exeter18 January 2019
Not so bad for part-time or for students. Good place to learn to work but not a long term job. the people are helpful and nice there. i didn't care too much for the supervisor because hes was very rude but the people working there were very nice and helpful.
Not enjoyable
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear17 January 2019
I did not enjoy working there as I was regularly given shifts that would last 7+ hours by myself and nothing to do. I know many people that have also had to work from 6AM until 12PM.
Pros
one free 6 inch sub or salad per shift
Cons
long lonely hours, minimum wage
Alright company
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire16 January 2019
Not an easy job at all!!
Long hours and hard work with only a half an hour break, if you were lucky!
The pay is something to be desired, £4.20 under 18??? but then my Subway was a franchise so it's different in each store.
The managers are rude and don't know how to manage at all. They don't take no for an answer and when you refuse to take up other people's shifts they either bombard you with work or give you no hours or hours on days you are unavailable. You have to find you own cover as well, i've never known a company like it!
On the plus side, you get a free 6 inch sub, crisps or cookie on your break and drinks throughout your shift and 40 percent in store discount.
Pros
40 percent in store staff discount, free lunches on break
Cons
Long hours, bad pay
Subway was an excellent starting job.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea15 January 2019
During my time at subway I was treated very well by management and all staff were friendly. I was always paid on time and was given hours that would suit my lifestyle.
Pros
Free lunches
Awful place to work.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bracknell11 January 2019
Inadequate training! Manager never there, had me doing trial shifts and training other staff on my first week with no prior training! Closing up alone and long shifts alone.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
bad
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London11 January 2019
A normal day at Subway is 10 to 15 customers you would be by yourself sometimes or with your team and you all help each other. you would have to do long shifts like 12till 8pm or 9pm.
Pros
your only allowed a 6ich sub and a cup drink anything else you have to pay for.
Cons
your hours will be 9 hours long or 8.
boring
Bexhill Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex9 January 2019
worst company to work for. if the owner grows to hate you he will make sure you get no hours which will make you leave. customers are rude and complain about tthe stupidest things
Easy to adapt but poor management
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire8 January 2019
A typical day at work is stressful but exciting because you know repeat customers are always delightful. However, the place of work is unclean and extremely boring as you are almost all of the time working on your own for hours.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours
Subway
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire8 January 2019
I enjoyed working at subway as it there was a friendly environment and most of the staff were really friendly and helpful. there was a nice atmosphere at the workplace and everyone looked out for eachother
fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy, Fife7 January 2019
everyone was so friendly staff and customers
was a good team to work with
enjoyed going to work
was a great atmosphere
was always a clean enviroment
always had help when needed
was fast and easy to pick and learn things
Pros
great food
Cons
My particular subway was managed poorly
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Derby7 January 2019
The subway I worked at was very poorly managed. The two managers were constantly arguing with eachother, making it an awkward atmosphere. They had no consideration of your life, making you work silly amount of hours.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Pay is awful
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 January 2019
I loved working at subway, I learnt a lot in a short space of time. The store manager was a lovely lady. Everyone in out team worked well together and got along very well, I didn't find any part of the job hard. I enjoyed every aspect of the job from putting the slicing machines together, making sandwiches and cleaning the dinning area.
Pros
working with a lovely bunch of people
Fun Workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire6 January 2019
Wasn't all bad and the manager was lovely and we had lots of customers who would regularly come in and most of them were very polite. We did have some fun times.
Pros
Free Subways
Cons
Long Hours
Good job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim3 January 2019
Good steady job if you're willing to put the work in. Great team energy good progression opportunities of just a good stepping stone while in education
Pros
Free food
Fun workplace
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire3 January 2019
Learned how to work in a diverse community and communicate with people from different backgrounds. A fun environment to work in and the team members were very supportive and understanding.
Pros
Free lunch
what i learnt
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Norwich3 January 2019
i learnt that the customer is always right, i learnt how to work on the till. subway is a clean restaurant, the foods always fresh. the managers sometimes help you if you mess up.
Pros
free food
Cons
gave me less hours
a typical day at work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 January 2019
I really enjoyed my working hours in the subway, particularly the working hours are so comfortable compared to any other jobs, I worked a couple of months in stoke on Trent near station subway then after due to my uni I moved to Preston. love to work again for subway
Treat staff badly
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry1 January 2019
Only enjoyable part was working with fellow employees. Other than that not treated well as staff members. Learn stock control and management and how to deal with deliveries etc.
Most of my colleauges were polite and haerd working.
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London31 December 2018
A new line of work, in the catering industry.
Good team work.
Reasonable company policies.
Acceptable pay rate.
Fully customers service satisfaction was the hardest part of work at the busiest peak.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Long shift, monthly pay.
fun workplace
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Sandwich25 December 2018
a typical day at work was always busy with a large amount of customers. however, the manager I worked was not very skilled as a manager and shifts weren't uploaded till late. she would make us use out of date onions. the store was very dirty