Subway Employee Reviews

Found 253 reviews matching the search See all 36,487 reviews
Freshness of food , enjoyable and fun
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrow Belmont subway23 April 2019
It is a busy environment where customers come and you feel very happy because it is all about service and increase the business standard and sales.
i have learnt how to control the store on busy days and increase the sales on quieter moments.
Managing the team and keeping the workplace culture has been great experience.
Especially due to high sales when stock gets over I had to arrange from other stores.
Busy days are the most enjayable days
Pros
Free lunch and uniform top
Cons
Long hours and extra hours
Fun workplace
Part time Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells23 April 2019
I learned how to deal with customers with high quality customer service even in peak hours. To be able to works as part of a team is essential in this workplace.
Terrible franchise owners
Sandwich Artist Subway (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire22 April 2019
Minimum wage, expected to work alone opening or closing, poor management.
Kids mostly work here who don’t care about date checking or proper cleaning. No decent training just shown what to do by the kids.
It’s a total disgrace.
The management only care about profits and their salary, no loyalty to decent staff.
People are readily replaced if you complain about the poor working conditions.
Pros
Cons
Have to pay for staff food, unpaid breaks, No set hours the rota changes daily or weekly with no warning
A great starting job
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire19 April 2019
It really helped me to grow and develop my confidence. The store I worked at in the beginning was okay until I found out I had to do morning shifts and closing shifts on my own for up to five hours at a time. This wasn't as bad as I got to grips with how the store worked but you would get those days when customers would keep coming in and not let you do anything, this would make it so you would leave much much later and not get paid for those extra hours you would put in.
Pros
Free sandwich on break
Cons
Not enough staff
terrible
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire16 April 2019
on my first day i wasnt trained and thrown into rush hour and was shouted at because i didnt know what to do on my second day i was left on my own during rush hour causing loads of stress i was tere two months and during the whole time they had no hot water so everything was washed in cold water and the freezer didnt work so food would often be carried around the city from other stores.i took a day off due tobeing ill and the next day i came in and they had all spread a rumour that they had seen me walking through the city even though i was home all day and almost lost my job.
Pros
free food
Cons
no respect shown
Unsafe workplace, appauling managment, dreadful food safety
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham15 April 2019
I worked in 3 stores owned by the same people in Wrexham, and the level of stress for a minimum wage worker is utterly ridiculous. We were expected to carry out managerial tasks for no additional pay or benefit, close the store alone, do the job of 3 people perfectly to a strict time, all while serving customers and keeping the store clean, single-handedly. Managers would shout and swear at us, watch us on CCTV illegally, and many, many other unprofessional behaviours.

Training standards are dismal, they hire younger workers as they're cheaper, and seek to boot out anyone over the age of 21. There are no panic buttons, the main store I worked in on the High St had no phone service, no wifi to at least contact a family member if needed, and a barely working landline. No safe area to lock yourself away should a dangerous person enter the store, an unsafe fire exit requiring you to climb ON TOP of the burning building, once again you are left to work ALONE, and there are an assortment of knives in easy access for anyone wanting to harm workers.

Food hygiene is terrible, with managers instructing us to "just change labels" regarding expiration dates, and store owners complaining about food waste if we did throw it out, since food waste = wasted money. Workers are bullied into coming into and remaining in work while sick despite working with food. I'm never eating in any Subway again thanks to my experience at this store, and I encourage everyone I know to do the same.

If you're a college kid, or just seeking part time, you might get the hours you want, as the store is
  more... open weekends and late into the evenings. If you're going for full time, say goodbye to your social life and hello to stinking of bread every time you leave work. No hope of climbing the ladder, once you hit team leader, you've peaked. And there wasn't even a pay rise from sandwich artist to team leader. More work for the same pay.

Disgusting place to work.
Pros
It's a job, at least????
Cons
Literally everything else.
Productive workplace
Sandwich Artist, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newtown15 April 2019
A good place to learn essential skills with a friendly atmosphere. 8 hours maximum per shift. Great place for a first job for young people with a good work ethic looking to earn money
Pros
Free lunches
Negative
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire14 April 2019
Terrible management, Lack of staff and poor training. Hours working were all over the place aswell the store supervisors were terrible at doing their own job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
Basic
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire11 April 2019
The job is basic go to work do the shift and go home nothing too exciting the staff are great and no one is ever not working which is good always stuff to do
Pros
50% off on shift
Cons
20% off when off shift
Productive and fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Newry11 April 2019
Subway was a productive place to work as there was always something to do and you weren't sitting about doing nothing. The atmosphere was great as the customers were always nice and the workers were great so therefore this allowed working there to be fun.
I will never eat in a subway again
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham11 April 2019
Assistant manerger was only on basic wage working till 3-4 in the morning then expected to be in early the next day had to run round 3 different shops due to lack off staff store managers do nothing I was more or less running shops and getting sales in the food hygiene standards and cleaning practice s of some of the students working there on a night was questionable as well
Pros
Free coffee tea pop food
Cons
Long hours treat me like worse then scum
Grata experiencia con un gran equipo como base
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Bristol11 April 2019
Antes del inicio del turno nos ponemos al día a cerca de los acontecimientos importantes. Siempre chequeamos el trabajo del turno anterior por si ha habido algún error y así poder enmendarlo a tiempo.

En cuanto a la gerencia de la tienda, siempre ha habido un trato muy cercano a la par que profesional.

El curso obligatorio de sanidad anual fue todo un reto ya que está basado en tecnicismos en inglés y la duración del mismo es de alrededor de 4 horas.

Lo que me apasiona de este trabajo es la necesidad de superación diaria que exige, pues todos los días acaban siendo un reto.
Wallsend
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallsend, Tyne and Wear7 April 2019
Be very wairy if you get offered a job here they make you do 20 hours training and don’t tell you until your nearly finished it’s unpaid . They take no details then just never get back intouch to give you a start date or even tell you there not going to employ you . I am in to taking this further
Productive and fun work place
artist (Former Employee) –  Sandwich7 April 2019
It was Fun working at subway, as its a food business i got to learn so many things about food, security and more. As it was on University Campus it was really busy so because of that it helped me impoved my communication skills ans helped me deal with customers. Experienced with food (safety and expiry) can work at Till.
Pros
Felt like family
Cons
No discount and nothing free
Poor management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire7 April 2019
Because it’s a franchised business, no two companies are same. Every store has different standards and training given is poor. Pay is lower than other competing fast food chains.
Pros
Flexible hours and direct customer contact
Cons
Poor pay, poor training, poor management
Was t