Subway Employee Reviews

Easy going workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Derry21 January 2018
Subway was a great workplace to be a part of but I had been working there for almost 4 years doing part-time & it got really boring & wasn't worth it.
Decent
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 January 2018
Decent food decent workers decent customers decent hygiene decent life decent work decent shops decent selection decent prices decent mate decent game decent graphics decent game
happy and productive workplace
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire21 January 2018
Working at subway was really good as there is always something you can do, you meet a verify of new people all the time.
not only was it a happy workplace the people you worked with was always happy to help when you got stuck with something.
My first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Torquay20 January 2018
My role at Subway was my first part-time job outside of school and it gave me the confidence I needed to be more outgoing and taught me a lot about being professional in busy environments.
didnt enjoy at all
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cromer, Norfolk18 January 2018
the work was under paid for what required of staff, falsely advertised for a full time position but I was only given 7 hours if that a week. staff members were rude and also unhygienic
family friendly very flexible
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Havant17 January 2018
i loved my job and i wish i hadn't hadnt left. all my shifts fitted around my personal life. for making sandwiches, its actually very well paid and so much fun!
there is a pension, paid holiday all sorts. i really loved my job. the only downfall is a zero hour contract. this was also the biggest attraction.
however, they are all franchises, so it depends on your individual employer and colleagues.
Pros
free food, food discount, massively flexible hours
Cons
unreliable hours, although always able to pick up extra shifts
Good
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 January 2018
This is a great company to work for they will work around and help you in anyway they can.
If your looking for a great team experiance this is a great job to apply for
Awful Environment
Sandwich Artist and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North West17 January 2018
I have worked in two Subway stores and found that in both, the environment and atmosphere were terrible. Customers and staff alike could be awful. The city centre one I worked in was always under staffed and managers would leave early if they decided they couldn't be bothered working anymore. The job itself is fine but it wasn't always a professional atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unprofessional managers
Fast and efficient service.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen16 January 2018
A fast food business that provides customers with a great variety of food including healthy options. Staff are well trained in all aspects of customer service and food safety and hygiene.
great
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 January 2018
i loved subway i learned so much and the people was very welcoming. they taught me alot and i met new people we became good friends. work was pretty straightforward it making sandwiches
Pros
food
No support provided for workers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Dungannon15 January 2018
Management put as little staff on shifts as possible so that pressures are high to deliver customer service. Very stressful environment. Pay is not adequate for work done
Pros
Free food
Cons
Extremely stressful environment
Exciting workplace and good staff
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire14 January 2018
A typical day at subway, would be; sort the meat and veg out for the shift and the next shift after you. Then once everything is sorted then you will serve people and make sure they have a good experience at subway.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low salary
Wouldn't go for Bridgend town centre one
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend14 January 2018
Working at subway as a company can be a very friendly place, however, within the store that i was it it wasn't a very productive or friendly environment. The management of the store were very unreliable, they would close up shop half way through opening hours just so they could go and have a social life. This would then be cutting into out shift and affecting out pay. They would also bully certain staff member if they didn't do what they asked.
When I was working at subway i was 17 years of age. This would make it illegal for me to have keys to the store and keys to the safe. Which they insisted that i had so they didn't have to close the store in the night. They would also ask me to call in sick to college on days so they didn't have to open the store and so I would do i for them. Some store would be different but what i experienced when working in Bridgend town Centre subway wasn't a very nice experience especially for a first job.
Pros
Got paid weekly
Cons
management of the store.
Excellent
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Durham13 January 2018
Brilliant company great time, no way in the world was this a bad job. Super benefits and fulfilling work life balance! Great management, best management!
productive place to work
Sandwich Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire13 January 2018
my typical day at work would include food preparation, basic kitchen cleaning as well as seating area restaurant seating, and also serving the customers and using the till and the counting the money at the end of the shift.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
long shifts
Not Worth My Time
I Hate Them
They Are Stupid
They Treated Me Like I Was 3 Years Old
A Complete Waste Of Time
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Worthless
Sandwich Artist
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield12 January 2018
Although the staff members were a good laugh, The management team were awful. They use CTTV to spy on us while working which is ILLEGAL. One individual was left in store for hours at a time which jeopardises their own safety, the customer's safety and the good customer service which they have promised to deliver. I would not recommend this job! Pay is too basic for what the job entails and it is a breach of privacy.
Don't work at this Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Reading11 January 2018
I like working at Subway but not at this location Subway is in. I learned to do bread making and making subs. As I started in November, ive never done any training as he thinks that if I kept going back it's wasting time as he had "So much to do". Poor management! Always working on your own till about the next person comes in. He'll dock anyone's wages if you mess anything up. He got rid of me only because I wasn't quick enough apparently but I can only do what I can.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Poor management
Organisation
Jr sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  New Kent road10 January 2018
Very unorganised. Very good customer service and try to fit you in but not as much . However it’s ok otherwise from being un organised . Need more workers to work evenings.
food preparation assistant
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire10 January 2018
I have worked here on placement to gain experience to help gain a future role within the industry.

The manager and staff have been very helpful and I have learnt a lot of new skills to help me going forward

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8