Play YouTube video button

Studio Retail Ltd Employee Reviews

Going in the right direction
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clayton le Moors, Lancashire2 October 2019
In customer services, they are really working hard to improve how we interact with our customers. Really busy, but loads of fun!
There is a big emphasis on our development with more time now with our TLs.
During peak we are asked to do different jobs, but it gives a bit of variety to our work/role.
Pros
People, Benefits
Cons
A bit dated
Horrendous collection management team
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire14 September 2019
This place is horrendous the management team use a stop clock for when staff go to the toilet. The management team bully staff and treat people like babies. The management team how zero idea how to manage and treat staff it’s a disgusting place to work. The management team allow their staff to bully other and actively promote this. Avoid like the plague.
Challenging but enjoyable
IT Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire3 September 2019
A year ago I made the decision to join Studio for a new challenge. It's truly been the best decision. I've achieved a good work / life balance (most of the time), love my job (most days) work with a great bunch of people and have an AMAZING team who make me laugh most days. Deciding to develop a blended onshore / offshore test offering with Qualitest has been a great success that I'm really proud of - we've proved it can work when you have the right people and commitment. Thank you to everyone at Studio Retail Limited / Qualitest for the last year :) It's not an easy place to work and the role is demanding but it's challenging and no two days are ever the same.
Avoid
Customer Service/collections (Former Employee) –  Clayton le Moors, Lancashire21 August 2019
Avoid this company they are a waste of time.The training provided is rubbish and is like being back in a school classroom. It's not professional at all.
They start big groups at a time, staff turnover is shocking. They mess you about with salaries. Everybody has different pay dates too. Don't waste your time
What a joke
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clayton le Moors, Lancashire16 August 2019
This company is a joke very poor communication from HR to service floor, Work team are great, Management a joke wth a capital J.
Stay away unless you want to be disheartened
Avoid.
Anon. (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire15 August 2019
Just don't waste your time. Unprofessional company.

Poor management and communications.

No progression, and just an awful place to work - aviod anf go elesewhere.
Ever improving company
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clayton le Moors, Lancashire14 June 2019
I've worked at Studio for just short of four years now and have progressed really well in the company. I came as a temp for the complaints department but moved into a permanent position in less than two months.

Whilst Studio (formerly Express Gifts Limited) didn't have the best reputation for its pay and salary offers, what it did (still does) is give colleagues the chance to grow.

Since the turn of 2018, this company has taken massive strides in making it a better place to work and I personally thoroughly enjoy it here.
Pros
Free parking, loads of local shops (chippy. Co-op, newsagents etc.)
Cons
Not enough spaces in car park when in peak, canteen is overpriced
What an exciting place to work
IT Developer (Current Employee) –  Clayton-le-Woods, Lancashire15 April 2019
I was lucky enough to be offered a job with Studio back in January.

Since then it has been non-stop with our digital transformation implementation, new branding launch and new office refurbishments.

Studio are investing massively in the future of the business but also the employees with projects on L&D, office environment, benefits and our CSR which is really exciting for the future.

Studio have invested massively in to IT, Marketing, Creative, HR and across other teams across the business as apart of our strategy which shows that the executive team are commited to the future of Studio. This is massively encouraging for me and the work I am doing in my team.

No two days are the same in my role which for me is exciting and challenging. I have full autonomy to make the decisions I need to make but also a supportive boss who assists me when I might struggle but due to how busy we are sometimes

Having never worked in a business of this size before I've been amazed by how friendly everyone is which has really helped my onboarding.

I'm really excited about my future in Studio Retail.
Pros
Free Parking, Engaged Culture, Excellent Executive Team, One Vision, Stable, Success and Secure Business
Cons
Fast paced and ever evolving and canteen could do with improvements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Studio Retail Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9