Studio Retail Ltd

Studio Retail Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
I enjoyed working with the people in my team, however if you're temp , job security isn't guaranteed , It is fast paced but easy to pick up as people are friendly and helpful if you get stuck
Treat you like a dog and wold have you put down if they could once they no longer need you....................... ..... ............ ..... ...
Plenty of work end of year but it falls off in January sadly so was made redundant mid January, I’d have stayed but wasn’t offered full time only zero hour Contract but they say they’ll call me later in the year (oh & don’t waste money on union)
I would recommend working at Studio Retail Ltd, as the people there are very friendly and helpful. The management are also so relaxed that they don't bother you unless they need to give you feedback or if I needed their help with my work.
Before I started I had heard that studio had a bad reputation, this reputation was accurate ...... The company has no moral compass, either in the way it treats staff or customers, several members of the management and training teams have narcissistic personality disorders. The whole experience was unpleasant
I really enjoyed my time at Studio Retail.

I have learn't about packing as I have never done it properly before.

Excellent colleagues and management.
Nice i was happy to work in those companies

Administration and team leaders are nice and good helpful persons.

Working in those companies i learn more experience.
All the people are bright but you never have work to do they always under pay u and if u have problems at home them dont care you can graft as hard as u want they have no loyalty and the managers couldn't manage a group of 5 year olds.Don't recommend to anybody apart from a 16 17 year old who just wants a bit off pocket money and you never get the hours your promised
its a good place to work if you want a relaxed office environment but it can become a bit mundane and repetitive over time, also the food there is gross please take your own!!
Its very good.i liked their environment. Very co operative and helping staff. I'm satisfied with this job.highly recommend to work there.and also purchasing from there.
Studio is a great place to work, the business is developing quickly and atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. If you are ambitious, there are real opportunities to progress in your role or to move to other departments.
The culture is flexible, with a 36.5 hour working week and flexi start and finish times.
Pros
Warm and friendly colleagues, lots of support.
Cons
Onsite parking gets very busy!
Simply put, DO NOT work here, unless you have no other choice. I am grateful for the work experience, but feel like I have done my time here.
- Very long, draining hours standing on your feet: up to and including 12 hours each day, often 4-5 times a week, in the close run up to Xmas, leaving you with little to no time to do anything else, especially when working an 8-8. You sometimes have the option to work weekends as well.

- Since its a zero hours contract job, sometimes you will leave at around 1 or 2pm in the least busiest moments, so you could only work 5-6 hours a day on minimum wage.

- Breaks are super short for the amount of hours you work, especially the 10 minute afternoon break, in which after 3.10 you are on your feet until 6.15 if you work till 8, which is a killer.

- People cherry pick a lot to find the lightweight parcels on the production line, which is frustrating when you are working correctly, and are being left with the large, heavy items.

-Machinery can occasionally be very loud when tubs get stuck.

However..., despite the negatives, both the perm and temp employees are lovely and friendly, especially the job trainers who are very patient with you when you are learning. Although it can occasionally get stressful, most of the time you are working in a relaxed atmosphere, with sound supervisors. The radio also helps keep you motivated, and the work is easy once you have got used to it.
Since starting at Studio Retail 3 years ago I can honestly say that there hasn't been a single day when I have not wanted to come into work.

Although every day is really challenging and things change in a heartbeat the atmosphere is always positive and there's lots of support from fellow colleagues & management.

Pro:

Great Development opportunities

Flexible working

Work life Balance

Amazing Discounts

Cons:

Insufficient car parking spaces

Canteen can be a little hit and miss
In customer services, they are really working hard to improve how we interact with our customers. Really busy, but loads of fun!
There is a big emphasis on our development with more time now with our TLs.

During peak we are asked to do different jobs, but it gives a bit of variety to our work/role.
Pros
People, Benefits
Cons
A bit dated
This place is horrendous the management team use a stop clock for when staff go to the toilet. The management team bully staff and treat people like babies. The management team how zero idea how to manage and treat staff it’s a disgusting place to work. The management team allow their staff to bully other and actively promote this. Avoid like the plague.
A year ago I made the decision to join Studio for a new challenge. It's truly been the best decision. I've achieved a good work / life balance (most of the time), love my job (most days) work with a great bunch of people and have an AMAZING team who make me laugh most days. Deciding to develop a blended onshore / offshore test offering with Qualitest has been a great success that I'm really proud of - we've proved it can work when you have the right people and commitment. Thank you to everyone at Studio Retail Limited / Qualitest for the last year :) It's not an easy place to work and the role is demanding but it's challenging and no two days are ever the same.
Avoid this company they are a waste of time.The training provided is rubbish and is like being back in a school classroom. It's not professional at all.
They start big groups at a time, staff turnover is shocking. They mess you about with salaries. Everybody has different pay dates too. Don't waste your time
This company is a joke very poor communication from HR to service floor, Work team are great, Management a joke wth a capital J.
Stay away unless you want to be disheartened
Just don't waste your time. Unprofessional company.

Poor management and communications.

No progression, and just an awful place to work - aviod anf go elesewhere.
very high expectation and lack of support provided to staff every decision taken is based around cost, the only positive is that the people you work with are great.
Pros
on site parking
Cons
lack of support
I've worked at Studio for just short of four years now and have progressed really well in the company. I came as a temp for the complaints department but moved into a permanent position in less than two months.

Whilst Studio (formerly Express Gifts Limited) didn't have the best reputation for its pay and salary offers, what it did (still does) is give colleagues the chance to grow.

Since the turn of 2018, this company has taken massive strides in making it a better place to work and I personally thoroughly enjoy it here.
Pros
Free parking, loads of local shops (chippy. Co-op, newsagents etc.)
Cons
Not enough spaces in car park when in peak, canteen is overpriced