studio 101 Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place, Wonderful People
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 July 2016
Day would start with me opening up and checking all around the building. I would get the heating on if cold and make the studios are clean and tidy.Check that there is milk in the fridge, tea and coffee is stocked up and cups and cutlery is all clean and dry. Yes free tea and coffee for me too. I get the wifi on and just wait to greet the clients as they came in. I get a text from the manager of who is coming in and when. She is always a phone call/text away. Anything im not sure about, I give her a call. Its then just a matter of sitting down, eating and being on standby. I tend to check on everyone in their rooms and tell that that im outside if they have any problems. I then get on with my studies and any work im doing. The clients have my contact number if I go offsite and can call me if they have any problems. Once all the bookings are over and I have said goodbye and seen them out, I start cleaning up the place, tidying the lights and equipment and making sure all is there as at the start of the day. Then its lock up and off home ready for tomorrow.
The hardest part of the job can be having to tell the clients that they need to be out of the studio as there is a next booking; and it can be a little awkward when the other client is waiting to get in and you have to keep on top of the situation. Customer care comes in to hand here.
Most enjoyable part was meeting the wonderful photographers, models, makeup artist. Its a great place to network and i was able to learn and offer my help,skills and knowledge to others.
The manager and owner is so helpful and always there
  more... if you need them and they are very kind and understanding. You never feel afraid to ask for help or ask about any problems which might seem small or easy to solve. The manager listens to your ideas and suggestions and your never felt to feel inferior or not part of the team. I was there for a few months and really felt at home there. I hope I can return in the future.  less
Pros
Great place to network
Cons
bit cold in winter and you do spend a fair bit of time on your own