Stryker
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Stryker Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
Challenging
Nice people, long hours working in the warehouse. Good benefits.

Management at the top could be improved, recruitment process seems a bit out of touch with what is required for UK culture.
I worked as a Regulatory Affairs contractor and it was a pleasure to be part of the QARA team. Contractors were treated same as permanent staff which is a rare quality.
Good people, lovely environment
Generally a very positive experience. Lovely people, very down to earth and generally all on the same wavelength. Great to be able to support the workforce in a very enjoyable role.
Hardest part - long hours, disregard of deadlines, system changes

Best part - being able to make process improvements that can reap benefits for all in the long term
Pros
subsidised diner, 'help yourself' fruit daily, relaxed environment
Cons
Long hours, no back up for standalone roles
Worked for a year with Styrker in NZ. Really enjoyed the experience. Great leadership and culture. Good staff development. Fair pay and working conditions.
Fun summer internship programme
6-8 hour day hard physically and mentally challenging work

I learned how the typical business environment operates

Management exceptionally nice

Nice environment to be in
Good culture
Good culture at Stryker. People are friendly and enjoy what they do. The location is nice and the CEO knows what he wants from the business. Stryker is a very good place.
Pros
Good times to work
Cons
Over friendly
under pressure
Everyday is never the same, fast pace, the job is to work under pressure with either emergency cases or finding ways to fulfill bookings for hospitals.

Team work is essential and my team are strong.

I have learned I excel in problem solving and thrive working under pressure. I enjoy taking on projects and helping reps with problems.
Pros
good team to work in
Cons
long hours, not great management
Mixed Review
I worked in Customer Services - the team was truly wonderful. So welcoming. The day to day work was slightly repetitive but i didn't mind that so much because the team really made a positive impact on one another to keep each other going.

However, with the managers their is a strong sense of cliques and higher archy. The negative sort that you wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of. Unfortunately for me i was caught in the crossfire one day by the Loan Kit's managers pet employee who persisted to try to bully me to do things considered outside of my job role (in her job role). I drew my concerns to the attention of the Customer Service Manager, who was a part of the clique, and before i knew it my temporary contract was finished and they claimed "that they didn't need me anymore". Just a coincidence? I think not.
Pros
Subsidised Canteen
Cons
Cliques within the company
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stryker?
High expectations.
STRYKER as first and foremost a sales company and.this is drilled into you fro. The start. The field based roles lack a structured training programme (unless it's sales) and expectations are high.
Pros
Uncapped commision
Cons
Long hours / out dated IT systems / long drawn out processes
nothing special
new stryker management will be perfect but stanmore implants old managment is very poor, so lets hope it will change in future and it will be perfect place for work but unfortunately it is not fo now
Great opportunity, poor management
Well-known and easy to sell, but extremely high expectations with no guidance or support. No product training, no resources for marketing products. Very political, no loyalty.

If you have no family or life outside work, can work 6-7 days a week at 14 hours a day and would like to gain a few years of marketable experience.. Stryker would be a great choice. Salary & commission structure is lacking for work expected, with little ability influence management of your own territory.
Pros
Experience, great product portfolio, established
Cons
No work/life balance, extremely poor management, no training, low pay
Productive successful and great company to work for
Work culture and ethos great.
Fantastic values

Consistent growth company

Top 100 companies Forbes UK

Talent acquisition through Gallup

Structured and supportive
Exciting challenging and rewarding role
Excellent company with leading products and passionate people committed to doing a great job.
OTE value very respectable. Incredibly challenging job highly technical in nature and reliant upon close professional relationships to deliver value to both customers and the Company.

Hours are unpredictable due to the nature of the role and a high degree of flexibility and willingness to put in the hours is required.

Combining commercial aspects in a challenging sales environment coupled with a huge technical knowledge base ensures that you are never bored in this fast paced environment.

The feeling that you have made a real difference to the success of the outcome of the case is one of the best feelings in work life.
Pros
Black and white culture
Cons
Staff retention
Avantages (salaires etc..)
Très bonne rémunération comparée aux autres entreprises de medical device
a very well & thought out company
a very well though company i enjoyed the time that i had at stryker uk i would like to work there again i enjoyed the rma datebase, warehouse & kit dept
Varied Job Role
Worked in different departments in the organisation, all staff members and managers were approachable.
good place to work
Wiring CCTV camera and backup electronics in a small and friendly environment.
Fast paced and challenging environment to work in
A typical day as Stryker Loan Kit Manager started by running reports on all KPI's from the previous day and then presenting these to the team mid morning. Following this it was important to catch up with the team on an individual basis after meeting with the team as a whole and discussing action points for the day and any issues that arose from this. The middle of the day was often dominated by meetings with other departmental managers such as customer service, inventory and supply chain - action planning and making sure the operations team were meeting goals previously set. Much time was spent communicating with members of the Sales team via email and phone, solving customer queries and answering requests.

Stryker has a strong philosophy of developing talent and hiring talented and dynamic individuals. The environment was challenging because the people were highly motivated and keen to succeed in what is a very demanding and fast paced industry.

The hardest part of the job was the unpredictability of the hours of work required and often it was necessary to work on a Saturday with only an hours notice.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing members of my team develop and progress under my leadership. Also seeing changes to processes and procedures increase our efficiency, providing a better service for our customers.
Pros
Good benefits package, pension, private healthcare, dental care, performance related bonus scheme.
Cons
Unpredictable hours at work required at times, weekends and late nights