Stroud District Council

Stroud District Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
- Telephony-based role answering queries both on the phone and responding to emails relating to the implementation of a new scheme and helping make orders, check if additional help was needed, confirm changes of the scheme and manage client expectations.
- Management was friendly and helpful

- Workplace culture has a range of knowledgeable staff who were friendly and helpful

- Main difficulty were hours were difficult to commute with public transport from other locations and made for long days

- Most enjoyable aspect of the job were the people
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Public transport is a hassle for the hours needed to work
On average there was about 10 tickets a day, too many engineers for the work load. Very nice, friendly team to work with however there was no manager. Majority of tickets are very basic, no technical work available.
Great place to work good work environment great staff group learning all the time very friendly Atmosphere would highly recommend work for Stroud district council
Maybe I don't really wanna know
How your garden grows

'Cause I just wanna fly

Lately did you ever feel the pain

In the morning rain

As it soaks you to the bone
Temporary role to assist the customer services team with the new recycling being brought in. Poor training, listening skills, badly set up scheme as people were given wheelie bins that really shouldn't have been allocated them, no consideration given to elderly residents either. My colleague and I were brought in over a month too soon and sat mostly job hunting on our phones simply because this is a contact centre type role though the team we worked with did the same, which then suggests that maybe there were far too many of them.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
As above
Duties included working with the warden, patrolling the streets on foot and by car looking for unlawful activities. I removed illegal posters, visited elderly residents to install panic buttons, inspected abandoned vehicles and identified anti-social behaviours, reporting these to the police. Additionally I carried out office duties, such as filling out death certificates in the Stroud district.
A pleasant work environment within a housing scheme. The office space is with in the communal lounge and is therefore encouraging tenants to speak with me about their concerns in an approachable area.
I log on to site using a care line that is operational when the scheme manager is always off site.

Once on site I log on and ask if anything had happened overnight and the write down any falls or incidents in the diary and follow these up later on.

I am a lone worker and communicate with the office, my manager and other colleagues via email or the phone. on a daily basis.

I contact the tenants either by home visits or through the care line to ensure their health and well-being and report repairs.Often I am their only point of contact during their day.

I check that repairs have been completed. I complete a daily check list which lists tenant calls, update support plans, record in notes, check diary and report repairs. Then write this in the diary.

I also write in the diary who I have visited or seen that day.

Record weekly checks for fire test, Legionella checks, update diary noticeboard and communal bookings, check maintenance of communal areas, operational of lift, path ways and gardens.
Pros
Lone working
Cons
isolating