Stroud District Council Employee Reviews

2.6Pay & Benefits
2.0Job Security & Advancement
Ok
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire26 September 2017
Maybe I don't really wanna know
How your garden grows
'Cause I just wanna fly
Lately did you ever feel the pain
In the morning rain
As it soaks you to the bone
Can't think of anything lol
Temporary role (Former Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire3 February 2017
Temporary role to assist the customer services team with the new recycling being brought in. Poor training, listening skills, badly set up scheme as people were given wheelie bins that really shouldn't have been allocated them, no consideration given to elderly residents either. My colleague and I were brought in over a month too soon and sat mostly job hunting on our phones simply because this is a contact centre type role though the team we worked with did the same, which then suggests that maybe there were far too many of them.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
As above
Good experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Stroud30 November 2014
Duties included working with the warden, patrolling the streets on foot and by car looking for unlawful activities. I removed illegal posters, visited elderly residents to install panic buttons, inspected abandoned vehicles and identified anti-social behaviours, reporting these to the police. Additionally I carried out office duties, such as filling out death certificates in the Stroud district.
Well managed service
Sheltered Scheme Manager (Current Employee) –  Stroud, ENG30 October 2014
A pleasant work environment within a housing scheme. The office space is with in the communal lounge and is therefore encouraging tenants to speak with me about their concerns in an approachable area.
I log on to site using a care line that is operational when the scheme manager is always off site.
Once on site I log on and ask if anything had happened overnight and the write down any falls or incidents in the diary and follow these up later on.
I am a lone worker and communicate with the office, my manager and other colleagues via email or the phone. on a daily basis.
I contact the tenants either by home visits or through the care line to ensure their health and well-being and report repairs.Often I am their only point of contact during their day.
I check that repairs have been completed. I complete a daily check list which lists tenant calls, update support plans, record in notes, check diary and report repairs. Then write this in the diary.
I also write in the diary who I have visited or seen that day.
Record weekly checks for fire test, Legionella checks, update diary noticeboard and communal bookings, check maintenance of communal areas, operational of lift, path ways and gardens.
Pros
Lone working
Cons
isolating