STROKE ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

Ok
Employee (Current Employee) –  UK21 December 2017
The organisation is 'ok' to work for. It depends on what you're looking for. There is an fairly decent culture overall. There doesn't seem to be a long hours culture, but it depends on your role.
Pros
Most people are friendly
Cons
Little room for promotion
Terrible place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North East21 October 2017
No support from Management at all none of them step up to help when your continuously short staffed due to same members of staff going on long term sick. A lot of staff leave this organisation due to the poor management! The majority of staff swan about not doing what they're employed to do which is provide support to stroke survivors other members of staff which can do the job are carrying them and nothing ever gets done about this even when its been reported to management what is going on. Terrible place to work and being on yearly contracts is unsettling as you never know if your service is going to be recommissioned the next thing you know you're on a months notice.
Pros
Cons
See above.
Demanding yet rewarding
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands2 August 2017
Multiple deadlines are set each week however these are manageable. The workload is even more manageable as I work in a very supportive team.
The best part of my role is that I am not micro managed, I am aware of my duties and feel comfortable to approach my boss if necessary.
Pros
Great work life balance - no over time
Cons
Lack of communication between departments
about volunteering
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire28 July 2017
its a very good shop to work at to gain new skills and would look great on cv shows you have done a volunteer service to show employers you are worthy for a real shop
Pros
work as many hours that suits you
Cons
no cons
Good salary, poor organisation
Stroke Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North West6 July 2017
A great job to have in terms of flexibility, and fairly good wages. However, there is very little support from management and little continuity across the region and country. I did not enjoy my time working at the Stroke Association and would not recommend them as an employer.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good pay
Cons
Poor management, no continuity, terrible office space, no accountability
Good
Communication Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford10 April 2017
It was really good working for the stroke association and widened my knowledge of communication and swallowing disabilities. the opportunity was very rewarding.
lovely environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Belton17 November 2016
helping everyone off the buses and guide them to their seats, provide them with food and drink and help them maintain as independent as possible, then we generally entertain them.
Pros
uplifting atmosphere
Productive and Knowledgeable workplace
Befriender Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton17 September 2015
A typical day at The Birmingham Chamber of Commerce would consist of Checking Emails/Responding, Account Management, contacting new clients to book appointments for Growth Voucher Diagnostics, Leading Diagnostic appointments and sign posting to other opportunities. My co-workers are extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the day was going home cause I enjoyed working there so much. The most enjoyable part of the day was the Diagnostic appointments because I got to meet some great individuals and help them with there future plans for there business.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes
Friendly office environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, ENG8 April 2015
Curriculum Support Assistant – Working on Reception taking all initial enquiries relating to Adult Learning Courses both over the phone and in person via the reception desk. Inputting data onto Touchpoint database for adult learners attending the relevant courses that are sited both at Lea Manor and at various sites around the Luton Area. Booking adult learners onto courses and taking payment both over the phone and in reception using card reader machine and inputting monies into till. Responsible for ordering and monitoring of stationery, maintaining effective supplies and keeping filing up-to-date on a weekly basis.
Pros
Near to home
client focussed high targets
COMMUNICATION SUPPORT CO ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  south staffordshire18 February 2015
reveiw referrals
book visit
co ordinate workshops to provide support
organise activities
manage diary
encourage positive outcomes
build self esteem and confidence
seeing clients progress
Pros
positive response from clients
Cons
lack management support

Want to know more about STROKE ASSOCIATION?

Ask a question
proactive and fun
stroke association (Current Employee) –  PA to Director Wales18 February 2013
a typical day at work is very busy, i've learnt that you do't need to be on the ball you need to be in front of it! my co-workers are a friendly bunch. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with progress of the many external organisations that we collaborate with and the most enjoyabe part is having nice colleagues