Stork

Stork Pay & benefits reviews

Worked with stork on and off for the past 8+ years, 1 thing that let's stork down slightly is Job security although job security cant be guaranteed due to the nature of employment it seems that they only see employees as numbers and not valued the way they should be,
Pros
Excellent work/life balance, good salary
Cons
Lack of job security
Excellent company with great opportunities. Would highly recommend. Great benefits, including flexible working and 1.30pm finishes on Fridays. My job is fast paced and reactive as with most service companies.
Found when working for Stork I always seemed to get a good run on a platform I think mainly due to my work ethic, attitude and housekeeping standards. Mainly found the Management to be helpful regardless of the platform I was on.
Pros
Good money, regular work.
Cons
Long drives and long flights.
can be a decent job when on 2/2 and the money is ok but could be better. working away can be good at sometimes but other times it can be really bad with some personal getting above themselves and making it hard trip for yourself for them to score brownie points to higher management.
Pros
got 2 or 3 weeks off
Cons
working away for 2 or 3 weeks
Not to bad. Fair with the jobs they give out but with the drop in oil price all company's are struggling so it is having an effect on stork aswell.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good stepping stone into the oil and gas industry. Stork has a culture of who you know rather than what you know. If your face fits and you have the right post code you should do well. I received plenty of training whilst at stork and very good money but they have no loyalty to staff and have helped create the culture of been paid off after each trip rather than been held on the books
Pros
Good money, good training good stepping stone into the north sea
Cons
Bad management, paid of regular, just a number culture
Worked for stork for 4 years excellent company to work for very helpful good Asbestos management work-force always helpful good wages never any problems with wages always had plenty of asbestos related work and always under no time pressure to complete job
Pros
excellent managers
Cons
nice place to work,made redundant 30/11/15,this was due to the down turn in orders,we are in the gas and oil industry,and have found it hard going last year
Pros
easy reach from home
Cons
salary
I have worked for Stork for 13 years, but with the down turn in the price of oil we have had to take a pay cut and been moved to 3 on and 3 off rotas, the 3 weeks away are taking its toll on my home life so I feel it is time to look for something at home.
Pros
3 weeks off
Cons
3 weeks offshore
It was definitely worth it for the experience but sometimes I'd be away from home for 6 weeks at a time. It proved too long ultimately.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stork?
Great company to work for. Great rates of pay. Ability to gain extra qualifications and certs. Staff are well look after and catered for on Rigs.
I spent just short of two years in Stork and there was constant evidence of a desire to improve systems and processes and they were open to any ideas. the only problem from my point of view was the down turn in the price in oil and the impact this had.
Pros
flexible working and good benefits
Cons
oil downturn
great work environment and get to work all over the north sea.
Pros
salary
Working day to day within a group doing insulation on CUI pipework
Cons
start work at 7 am till finish learnt how to do heat treatment the hardest part of the job is setting it up.the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have done a good days work.
Pros
meal allowance