Stork Employee Reviews

its all to do with who you know
RPS (Former Employee) –  North Sea5 March 2016
Good stepping stone into the oil and gas industry. Stork has a culture of who you know rather than what you know. If your face fits and you have the right post code you should do well.

I received plenty of training whilst at stork and very good money but they have no loyalty to staff and have helped create the culture of been paid off after each trip rather than been held on the books
Pros
Good money, good training good stepping stone into the north sea
Cons
Bad management, paid of regular, just a number culture
nice people
panel wirer (Former Employee) –  Southport, ENG4 January 2016
nice place to work,made redundant 30/11/15,this was due to the down turn in orders,we are in the gas and oil industry,and have found it hard going last year
Pros
easy reach from home
Cons
salary
Good Job
Sheet Metal Worker / Insulator (Current Employee) –  Offshore Aberdeen18 December 2015
I have worked for Stork for 13 years, but with the down turn in the price of oil we have had to take a pay cut and been moved to 3 on and 3 off rotas, the 3 weeks away are taking its toll on my home life so I feel it is time to look for something at home.
Pros
3 weeks off
Cons
3 weeks offshore
Strong Work Ethics and Good Sense of Team Spirit
Proposals Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen25 November 2015
Being a Proposals Engineer means a typical day at work can be considered quite busy depending on the level of tenders/quotations that have come in.

This would mean juggling high volume work within restricted timescales without compromising on the quality of work. However this is made easier by excellent members of the team who would come together during periods of high workload and give each support and encouragement.

Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills are essential attributes and can take you a long way.

Even though at times it would be difficult to enjoy a work life balance, getting key results by winning tender's and opportunities for the company will make all hard-work and hours put in worth it.
Pros
Development of communication and team working skills, confidence to present ideas and proposals to the Business Board, Brilliant colleagues
Cons
There are times when you would work very long hours
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT1 October 2015
I have enjoyed my experience while working at stork. It is a great place where i have met lots of wonderful people. This is the company where you could definitely develop and climb the career ladder.
Office location is one of the disadvantage.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Great Platform to work on.
MDO/Scaffolder Armada Platform (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT12 January 2015
The BG Armada Platform is a great place to work and i work with a great bunch of lads.
Productive & good place to work
LOLER Focal Point / Deck Foreman (Current Employee) –  golden eagle2 October 2014
Productive & good place to work and safe
good management learning all the time
Pros
Safety
Cons
no traveling exp
productive and fun place to work
Aberdeen HVAC/R Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT5 May 2014
Why am I having to write this 5 times when I already said this yes stork was great
Stork was a great place to work (staff wise) I really got on with all my colleagues.
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  UK seas8 October 2013
Stork was an ad hoc position where the staff and culture was great. to be honest I enjoyed my time with Stork but the ad-hoc was proving to be a bit straining on my financial side of things and I needed to look elsewhere.
Good offshore starter experience
General Assistant offshore (Former Employee) –  North Sea12 June 2013
Good offshore starter experience.
Great work colleagues
excellent induction to project and company
organisation and payroll need to come along side the rest of the company
Buzzard platform
RIGGING SUPERVISOR / LOLER FOCAL POINT (Current Employee) –  BUZZARD PALTFORM12 April 2013
The buzzard platform is a large producer of oil and a very busy place to work, as well as the 4 jackets, there is currently 2 jack up rigs attached via fixed bridges.
Pros
sky tv system in every cabin
Cons
no lifts
productive good workforce
heat treatment technician (Former Employee) –  all over the uk21 March 2013
start work at 7 am till finish learnt how to do heat treatment the hardest part of the job is setting it up.the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have done a good days work.
Pros
meal allowance