Storal Learning

Storal Learning Employee Reviews

United Kingdom96 reviews
I am now in my third month of employment at Storal Learning. I genuinely love it. The company Directors are driven to succeed and fully support me in my role as well as value my input and display a passion and care for what is at the heart of the business, children! Everyone is extremely supportive and a joy to work with.
Pros
Passionate colleagues
Cons
We have been with Storal Learning for over a year now. It has been a positive start with a big change to the environment. Our previous Area Manager really supported us in developing out provision and providing resources to kick start the curiousity approach.
The previous Area Manager listened to our concerns in a supportive way and was really approachable. It was also refreshing that during the dreaded Ofsted day there wasn't any additional pressure coming from higher management.

During this past year it has been rewarding to see that the company supports well being in the work place, it has been nice that there has been various opportunities to focus on the practitioners well being and provide incentives to show that they value the staff.
Its coming up to 3 years of me working for Storal Learning and I started off at the first nursery the company brought. As the Storal Family has expanded the continued support, care, passion from the directors has remained and they are always at arms length should you ever need them. The company is keen in sourcing staff training needs, supports staff well-being, provides great staff benefits and also offers opportunities in promotions. My role with the company started of as a deputy manager, to now a Nursery Manager and I have been fully supported in any challenges I faced. My nursery has undergone changes to the environment and newly resourced with equipment for staff to utilise and help the children’s development flourish which is key to Storal! I love my job and to work for such a fantastic company is a privilege.
After a difficult start to life at Storal Learning, I have developed a great affinity for the company buying in to their ethos. The nursery I am Managing has become like a home from home and the staff team have been nothing other than hard working and supportive.
I have developed strong relationships with other areas of the management team and have great communication from other areas of the company. Every member of the team is approachable. I am watching our nursery improve every day and I am excited to see what we can now achieve.
A great setting, with enthusiastic staff and great SMT. The setting was well-resourced and the owners were always looking for ways to improve the provision.
The day at Storal starts very busy, with checking emails and the downloading the bank payments for the previous days income.
I have learned how to manage the admin across 18 nurseries working with the nursery managers, providing information and helping them resolve issues regrading aged debt.

The nursery managers have been happy with my input have been encouraged to clear up there ledgers which is very satisfying for me and movement in the right direction.

It does however feel difficult to get the nurseries to chase there debts as they are not strictly credit controllers, chasing still needs a little work and so I am leading by example.
It's a lovely nursery and could have foot potential but the management are poor and could benefit from new management at the Weston site and the area manager too. The nursery dosent look after there staff and encourage to the best abilities. I changed jobs due to the new management.
Storal Learning took over the nursery that I had worked at for almost twenty years - they have been a breath of fresh air!! We are actively encouraged with continuous professional development and fully supported by management to achieve our goals. Our area manager is approachable and she has the nursery's best interests at heart. Childcare is not an easy option and each day brings new challenges but the team at Old Crofts Bank and Storal Learning make challenges feel very achieveable.
I have worked at rocking horse for 6 years, a couple of years ago the company was taken over by a bigger organisation and I couldn't be happier. There has been lots of positive changes to the nursery including a caring, positive, uplifting and supportive management team. Managers are all approachable and will support you in any way possible. A great bonus that comes with working for the company is performance related pay, ensuring that your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. I highly recommend this company to work for, I come to work everyday happy to be there and go home in a great mood.
I have worked for the company for four years. Working as a team and getting jobs done. Opportunities are always available and training is given to all employees.
I have worked for the company for almost 4 years and have found that the staff and management are great to work with and are very supportive. I have also found that management are easy to talk to when you have concerns, great place to work for
Lovely to work for Honeytree nursery (Storal learning). Good resources and lovely staff. Good pay/benefits. Looks after your well being. Great location. Opportunities to do training.
I have only recently started working with Storal learning, they are an amazing company to work for, they are very supportive for any time needed off, they provide the most beautiful setting to work in, the most amazing management team who support you through everything! I really enjoy my time at work with Storal learning.
Storal Learning took over my nursery in December 2018. The transition was smooth and we were kept up to date of everything that was happening. Yes changes were made, but we were always informed of this and had some input too. Storal expect high standards of childcare and promote a child focused environment, which helps to create a home from home environment. This has has encouraged staff to become better practitioners. During this challenging time, the company has kept all staff up to date of any changes as soon as they had clarity of what was going to happen. Not only did we receive information from HR, but from the owners themselves too. They have a great passion for their nurseries and will help staff as much as they possibly can when needed. They pride themselves on supporting members of staff, especially those struggling with their mental health. They regularly send e-mails with advice on where to get help and other self-care tips to support you. They also regularly review any changes and how your management team can support you on a day to day basis. After going from a small family run business into a larger company, I was worried how much it was going to change, however I should not have worried. Yes change came, but it was not for the worst. It is a pleasure to work in my nursery and for Storal Learning and I could not recommend this company highly enough, especially for those who want to become the best in their field. yes, It can be busy and hard work, but what job in childcare isn't?
Storal Learning are a very good company to work for, they care about all of their staff across the many nurseries they own. The information sharing throughout the company has been outstanding, especially during these tough times there has not been anything missed. HR have been amazing with supporting people about mental health, sending out emails with information during these difficult time’s. I can not fault storal learning and the managers I work with. They are truly great.
Lovely to work for Honeytree nursery. Good resources and lovely staff. Good pay/benefits. Looks after your well being. Great location. Opportunities to do training.
From working under the storal learning umbrella, I feel very well looked after.
The area manager is very easy to talk to if you need her for anything.

The company offers a wide range of benefits and insentives for each staff member as individuals.

If any staff member requests any changes to work life it is thoroughly looked into and worked out if at all possible.
This is an amazing company to work for as it provides a lot of opportunities to stretch our abilities. If you are looking to progress and grown within the sector, the opportunities are provided and where they are not readily available, they have the promotion process available.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, they have proved that they are THE company to work for from their handing of the situation. We were kept updated at all stages when there was a lot of uncertainty in the country. The continued to pay our full salaries for a period and then they sought our approval before we were furloughed. We were provided information, exercises and workbook to help our mental health.

The Headoffice teams including the Directors, HR and Payroll, are all great and they are doing an amazing job.

Proud to work for this company.
Hermitage day nursery is not just a job but a home for home type work place , management are understanding and very supportive , since storal learning have taken over the nursery they have brought new visions and ethos which is clear to see in all the sites , thriving for the best quality early learning environments through extensive research and feedback , the working environment work well together and together we are one big team , helping each other out , the children are a absolute joy to work with and parent in partnerships are very strong with the nursery involving the parents at many events through the year aswell as there child's learning , continuous opportunities are given to staff to extend knowledge which then this is seen in the working environment , providing the best childcare we can
Storal learning isn’t just a work place but a family which parents,children and staff can all feel welcome. They have fantastic advantages to the staff and offer great opportunities. I have always felt at home working within the nursery setting whilst extending my learning and also being promoted through the company. I have worked in many nursery settings and this has by far been the best and I couldn’t imagine working alongside a better team!
My nursery was taken over by Storel Learning. Since working for them there's been lots of training opportunities that I have carried out. We are kept up to date with all standards and with this all staff strive to work to the best of their abilities. We have a great working environment and all staff are friendly and hard working. Management are there to help when needed withanything.