Stonegate Pub Company Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Harrow25 May 2018
The manager and HR aren't professional. The manager breaks rules to maximize profits and is rude to employees and customers and is lazy and leaves without notice even when new staff is trialing.
Pros
Half Price Luches which aren't very nice
Cons
Long Hours and Little help and rude team
Professionals blend harmoniously in a relaxed and positive atmosphere
EFT UPGRADE PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Luton16 May 2018
Fabulous place to work and develop. The working culture is special and the office dynamic is fantastic. Everyone is strongly supportive and the best interests of the business are recognised as to serve the bets interests of the customers with a genuine care and recognition for the people who make this company.
Murdos Pub; Aberdeen
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen15 May 2018
I went to Aberdeen as a relief manager initially for 2 weeks and ended up being there for 2 years...
It was a trouble pub when I took over, but managed to turn it around with the help of the team and the locals, who wanted the pub back to what it was known for.
Stonegate has a great training and development programme and the team became more confident, and more aware because of this.
There was a great working culture within the team, everyone did look after one another.
Fair for size of businesz
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sidcup3 May 2018
Made welcoming but very limited on what you can do and no real way to progress within the business. Very small site I worked at which made it very quiet at certain times of the year
Pros
Company discount for yourself and people with you
Cons
Money
Fun
Bar Staff/Waiter (Former Employee) –  North cheam25 April 2018
Extremely fun place to work very friendly and bubbly customers pay is reasonable and hour can be made flexible if need be can’t fault the company in any way
Pros
Discount
fun place to work
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Walton-on-Thames16 April 2018
during my time at the regent i had alot of fun and met alot of people i would like to call freinds, as it was my local before i started working there i had already known the managment and had become freindly with the staff prior to this
Pros
freindly work enviroment
Productive and fun
Guide/Ranger Investiture (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire13 April 2018
The company was enjoyable and made sure people were well trained as well as a friendly working environment although hours were limited due to the nature of the establishment, as it was a nightclub.
Don't get paid properly, no breaks
Bar team member (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire9 April 2018
13 hour shifts with one half hour break. Colleagues doing 7am-5am with 2 half an hour breaks and expected to be back in at midday.

Management are unprofessional. Aim to embarrass you if you do something wrong. I asked for part time day shifts (student), I was given 38 hour weeks consisting of exclusively night shifts.

No organisation
Often putting our jobs at risk, consistently operating without a licence holder for hours on end.
Pros
25% off food and drinks
Cons
Long hours, poor management, no breaks, not paid for full shifts
Excellent
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  The hoppoles Hammersmith4 April 2018
Very flexible and it gave me more opportunity to know more about kitchen , gave me the confident to work without pressure and a good communication skills
Fun workplace
Business Done Assistant/Marketing Support (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire31 March 2018
All teams worked well together. I learned various different roles during my time at Stonegate Pub Company, there is scope for learning different skills.
Fast paced enviroment
Catering Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Field Based26 March 2018
Extremely fast paced company which has expanded steadily over the last few years and continually looking at other businesses to further expand. Quite reactive with regards to ways of working which can be a frustration.
Pros
Discount card and reward scheme
Long hours, low pay
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Blackpool19 March 2018
Whilst being a bartender is fun and the hours go quite quickly, management seems to differ greatly amongst pubs and can leave staff feeling unappreciated and overworked for low pay.
Fun workplace
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire14 March 2018
Stonegate pubs always have something going on. It’s a lively workplace at full pace during the season. Great colleagues and management team always happy to help one another.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Busy and quiet times
long days
Walkabout Kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  leicester11 March 2018
its a good place to work, but you rarely gets breaks. you do long tiring days for minimum wage, left on your own to cope with a lot when your not even fully trained.
Fun but hard
Bar staff (Current Employee) –  Liverpool9 March 2018
Low wage, but fun place to work with the possibility of progression
Meet a lot of new friends from a lot of different people
A diverse and accepting company
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Low wage
Not a Fan.
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough5 March 2018
The management left it too late for my personal training to be continued which is why I left personally as well as seeking more hours and pay. The management would always tell me to see them after my shift but they would've went home before I had the chance to chat to them about anything.
Shifts too inconsistent
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Leicestershire4 March 2018
When I first started, everything was great, the team leaders were caring, management was so friendly and wanted you to grow in the company, the shift were good and i was able to pay my bills. But now, im barely surviving, being told i would get more shifts in february, but now i can barely afford rent, its great for students, but not as a full time job
Pros
Amazing food
Cons
Lack of shifts
Good for part time work
Bar & Restaurant Team Leader / Events Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent2 March 2018
If you want a part time job that pays the nmw then go for it.
I was lucky to have good managers but other staff were lazy. Always calling in sick with no other staff to cover.
Pros
Managers
Cons
Hours and pay
great
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Phoenix26 February 2018
fun workplace, friendly staff, management team fair and easy to work with.
nights get busy but its fun and makes the shift go quicker. majority customers are friendly, hardest part the job is busy nights such as boxing or sports events the pub will get packed and customers to tend to get rude occassionally.
no two days are ever the same
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 February 2018
This is the best pub company that i have worked for and i have worked for a few. Yes it can be long hours, but the work is fun, the teams are great, we have fun competitions amongst our teams and other sites. There is definite career opportunities so long as you do the training. You get out what you put in.
Pros
reward card, career pathway
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonegate Pub Company. Our community is ready to answer.