Stonegate Pub Company Employee Reviews

Horrible
Chef/ Barman (Current Employee) –  Birmingham3 August 2018
The worst job I've ever had, I'm 21 and 16 year old's was on a higher wage than me, yet I was still there longer. Don't apply here. I have been her for around a year, I worked at multiple locations and did what I could to help better my position and more, I even became a technical guy to help fix bank cards, ATM's and tills that had broken mid shift, and my thank you was getting a disciplinary for forgetting to put a bag in the bin.

Honestly I sacrificed a 25K PA job for a 9K PA as it seemed a nicer place to work, that was until I found out they all wore masks.

Furthermore, after travelling from location to location I have found out I am not the only one to get treatments such as this, I can't even count how many people say they want to quit because they can't afford their bills, because they were being abused and facing organised dismissal.

If you enjoy going through possibly the worst time of your life, apply, otherwise stay away from the company as much as possible. I made that mistake, I wish I never had.
Pros
N/a
Cons
no breaks, pay, attitudes, other staff, management, the whole lot really
Fun workplace but always understaffed
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Liverpool2 August 2018
BAD
- rotas don't come out until day before working week and can change at a moments notice
- don't always get legal breaks
- requesting holiday time has no system
- head office always cutting labour so never enough staff on
- head office doesn't authorise necessary purchases unless begged
- GM gets away with slacking, being late, messing up etc

GOOD
- can be flexible hours
- 25% off in all stonegate venues (50% in January)
- fun culture and people generally nice
An amazing opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canterbury1 August 2018
I absolutely loved working at the penny theatre in canterbury. I worked here for just over a year and after never having stepped foot behind a bar before in my life, I progressed all the way up to being a manager in the space of a year because my managers believed in me. I met loads of amazing people, and could not have asked for a better team. Everyone worked hard and supported each other whenever needed, and this job has given me experiences I never would have had which have changed me as a person. I never knew what it meant to truly enjoy your job until I worked here, I left an incredible team and I hope they carry on being amazing without me!
Pros
Social life
Cons
Leaving
Great place for students
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dorset24 July 2018
A great place for part time work. Pay is industry standard, which is quite low. Opportunities to transfer to other branches within the company. Management is OK. A nice place to work.
Productive and fun work place
Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire24 July 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Stonegate Pub Company, everyone I worked with was easy to get along with whilst being busy, and the management were friendly
What you'd expect
Bar Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kent2 July 2018
Shifts went pretty quickly due to how busy the pub was, however the work was tiring as you were standing for hours on end and were sometimes working late into the night.
Pros
discounted food and drink
Cons
tiring
Don’t bother
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire30 June 2018
Low pay, low hours even though you say you need more and they’re advertising for a full time staff member.
Lots of favouritism with the staff who are ‘in’ with the management, they get all the hours!
Treated badly by management who are lazy, spend most of their time in the corridor on their phones especially on busy weekend nights.
Very very badly managed by lazy people who don’t care about you or the work you do.

I’d never recommend it.
The place is also really dirty and hardly ever cleaned properly!

Minimum wage!

I’ve seen them trying to get rid of someone and they just lowered his hours right down to push him out.

No work life balance, shifts constantly changed last minute
Amazing work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull16 June 2018
By far the best job I have ever worked, alongside amazing staff, excellent management skills, great communication between all staff etc. I was made to feel settled in straight away, shown the ropes quickly and was always ensured that I could do it.
Pros
Cons
Nothing.
Unprofessional
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Harrow25 May 2018
The manager and HR aren't professional. The manager breaks rules to maximize profits and is rude to employees and customers and is lazy and leaves without notice even when new staff is trialing.
Pros
Half Price Luches which aren't very nice
Cons
Long Hours and Little help and rude team
Good for career development
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 May 2018
Great company for career development. Good management structure in pace. The hours can be long and maintaining a good work/life balance can be hard at management level. Very flexible with working hours for bar staff.
Pros
Career development opportunities
Cons
Unsociable Hours
Professionals blend harmoniously in a relaxed and positive atmosphere
EFT UPGRADE PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Luton16 May 2018
Fabulous place to work and develop. The working culture is special and the office dynamic is fantastic. Everyone is strongly supportive and the best interests of the business are recognised as to serve the bets interests of the customers with a genuine care and recognition for the people who make this company.
Murdos Pub; Aberdeen
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen15 May 2018
I went to Aberdeen as a relief manager initially for 2 weeks and ended up being there for 2 years...
It was a trouble pub when I took over, but managed to turn it around with the help of the team and the locals, who wanted the pub back to what it was known for.
Stonegate has a great training and development programme and the team became more confident, and more aware because of this.
There was a great working culture within the team, everyone did look after one another.
Fair for size of businesz
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sidcup3 May 2018
Made welcoming but very limited on what you can do and no real way to progress within the business. Very small site I worked at which made it very quiet at certain times of the year
Pros
Company discount for yourself and people with you
Cons
Money
Fun
Bar Staff/Waiter (Former Employee) –  North cheam25 April 2018
Extremely fun place to work very friendly and bubbly customers pay is reasonable and hour can be made flexible if need be can’t fault the company in any way
Pros
Discount
fun place to work
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Walton-on-Thames16 April 2018
during my time at the regent i had alot of fun and met alot of people i would like to call freinds, as it was my local before i started working there i had already known the managment and had become freindly with the staff prior to this
Pros
freindly work enviroment
Productive and fun
Guide/Ranger Investiture (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire13 April 2018
The company was enjoyable and made sure people were well trained as well as a friendly working environment although hours were limited due to the nature of the establishment, as it was a nightclub.
Don't get paid properly, no breaks
Bar team member (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire9 April 2018
13 hour shifts with one half hour break. Colleagues doing 7am-5am with 2 half an hour breaks and expected to be back in at midday.

Management are unprofessional. Aim to embarrass you if you do something wrong. I asked for part time day shifts (student), I was given 38 hour weeks consisting of exclusively night shifts.

No organisation
Often putting our jobs at risk, consistently operating without a licence holder for hours on end.
Pros
25% off food and drinks
Cons
Long hours, poor management, no breaks, not paid for full shifts
Excellent
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  The hoppoles Hammersmith4 April 2018
Very flexible and it gave me more opportunity to know more about kitchen , gave me the confident to work without pressure and a good communication skills
Fun workplace
Business Done Assistant/Marketing Support (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire31 March 2018
All teams worked well together. I learned various different roles during my time at Stonegate Pub Company, there is scope for learning different skills.
Fast paced enviroment
Catering Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Field Based26 March 2018
Extremely fast paced company which has expanded steadily over the last few years and continually looking at other businesses to further expand. Quite reactive with regards to ways of working which can be a frustration.
Pros
Discount card and reward scheme
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonegate Pub Company. Our community is ready to answer.