Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Stockport NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
Pathology- horrible work environment
I have worked at stepping hill hospital as a medical laboratory assistant and it was one of the most horrendous work environments I have ever been in. Bullying, harrasing and austrasizing staff members is normalized and acceptable behaviour. I would not advice anyone to work in pathology unless you have no other option. There is culture of racism and discrimination.
Non clinical
Poorly managed hospital where they make the rules up as they go along. The CQC really should have shut this hospital down a long time ago. The facilities are poor. Over worked and under appreciated.
Busy
Great team work very busy happy place to work management very keen to support new staff good job offers and discounts for NHS staff. The best place i have every worked.
Pathology is the worst department
Many male staff are moreorless racist and sexist. Progression and attention only given to those who have worked there more than 10 years or have contacts within the department. Members don't treat staff all the same. Poor pay, poor hours and some of the rudest individuals I have ever met.
Poor managment, Depressing place to work
There are few positives to working at stepping hill, some of the people you work with are genuinely fantastic and the fact you are contributing / being a part of something as great as the NHS is rewarding to a certain extent. Unfortunately both of these points are far outweighed by the negatives, never have I ever seen a place run so poorly and have so many managers incapable of actually managing (to the point where it would be laughable were it not so damaging), any chance of progression is zero unless you become "friendly" with said management and the pay is way below national average. We are also severely understaffed, which is not exclusive to my department.
Pros
Some truly great people
Cons
Almost everything else
Poor workplace.Bullying culture.
I worked at the hospital in 2017 and found the people I started with were having problems in different departments.Selfish back-stabbing mentality.Nurses being bullied and forced out.No back-up from certain staff members you are working with.It is a shame because the people who train you do actually care.However when you actually work on a ward you get the feeling if you are new that your face is not going to fit.I found that people had a don't care attitude towards new staff.With some prepared to do things to force you out even if you are good at your job.
Pros
Training
Cons
Too much bullying.
Very busy, dealing with a lot of enquiries daily
Every department is different everyday is very bust and fast paced, there is something new to learn everyday, depending on which department you are involved in depends on what you class as the hardest part of the job as some roles can be more challenging than others, the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you may have made a difference to someone.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Can be upsetting and challenging
Stressful, understaffed unqualified management
The managers at stepping hill are nurses not managers. They don't know how to man manage people and moral is at an all time low. They need a mix of managers and nurses to run certain departments.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Low pay. No advancement for band 2's. unrealistic managers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust?
Nice friendly trust
Had all placements at stepping hill, excellent care seen on all placements and good morale.
Love my current job at stepping hill.

Staffing has of course been an issue, as with most nursing areas. This is improving currently on my area.

I would recommend working at Stepping Hill. They support you thoroughly to progress in your carreer.
Pros
Friendly trust, career progression supported
Poor Staff management
Old style management and very dated with its procedures and systems. Unsupportive to its staff. Very much if your face fits culture, and everyone is out for themselves so you find very little support from your colleagues you work along side. Hardworking staff get over looked and are always expected to do more "as you are so efficient" Worked in many trust Stockport has to be the worst
Pros
Going Home
Cons
Environment
District Nursing.
Although very demanding, I thoroughly enjoyed my role as a district nurse team leader.
I had a fantastic team and was fully supported by my line managers.
Not Health Records
various deparments are well managed in the NHS the moral in Health Records is very, very low, a high turnover, nearly everyone applied for redundancy when it was offered last year.
Good environment
Great place to work but sometimes it can be frustrating and stressful. The cost cutting and drive to same money within the NHS is putting so much pressure on the work force especially Emergency Department.

Management needs to do more to stamp out racial issues within the organisation.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Car parking issues and charges.
does not support its staff
Cottage industry. If your face doesn't fit, forget it. Management very poor in the way they treat staff and bullying doesn't seem to be dealt with
Pros
flexi time
Cons
you have to work hard as you end up carrying the lazy people, Mangement dont want to hear any complaints and certainly wont do anything about bullying
Busy and fast paced enviroment.
Working within the Emergency Department work life would often be hectic and full of challenges. Over the last four years I have gained a lot of experience and training in a wide range of different things. Training in wound care and plastering down to tracheostomy care and major incident training. As a decontamination unit we would sometimes receive patients with possible infectious diseases. It is a very exciting place to work and some amazing people will be there to support you.
Pros
NHS discounts 50% at dominoes or one example!
Cons
parking can be a problem if not starting early or on nights. good public transport links though.
Department dependant
Job security but each department comes under different management, naturally these vary greatly. Staff levels in most teams are way under what is required. Skill sets are department/ team specific
Pros
Holidays, Pension
Cons
Long Hours, short staffed
Supportive and CPD excellent
I have worked for the trust for the past 10 years upon first qualifying as a nurse in 2006, throughout my time there I have had the opportunity to gain a vast amount of experience and skills. I feel I have always been supported throughout my time with the trust, however, I would like to venture into a different area of nursing following 10 years in the operating theatre environment.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Staffing
Top place
great place to work despite being in turnaround. excellent teams with can do attitude
Fun place to work
Relaxed atmosphere although extremely busy.

I am responsible to the Consultant Gastroenterologists. I work as part of a team and we assist each other as the need arises.

The workload can be difficult but is extremely satisfying when deadline are met.