Stirling Council Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Group
Landscape Gardener (Former Employee) –  Stirling18 February 2019
As a work experience job for school it was an enjoyable practical job, the workers where good company making me feel welcomed.
The average day was that we where told what to do, where to do it and with what plants. It was also all complete by the deadline.
Short temporary position
Temporary Admin Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Allan Water House, Stirling13 February 2019
None of my references were taken up prior to commencement of employment.

I wasn't issued with a contract of employment or information in writing.

The position should have been temporary for 6 months but had to be terminated after 2 weeks!
Had Enough
Front Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire5 December 2018
Worked for Stirling Council for 4years and it is so disorganised and too many people getting away with not doing thier job properly making it harder for those who do.
Lack of management and not supported when unwell. wouldnt recomend as an employer.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
taken advantage. long hours, strefull, disorganised
Not a good place to work
Area Roads Officer (Current Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire4 April 2018
Not a good place to work. Constant change and moving office is not conducive to getting the best out of staff. Staff resources an issue and only now being addressed after two years.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Poor staff parking
Fun and Challenging
Early Years Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire1 February 2018
I spent twenty years working with children and families and have had many experiences. Working with children and watch them develop and realising how capable they are is amazing to witness. Very busy days, two days never the same. Being able to use your initiative, on occasions to be able to think and move fast. Having a good management support team is important and for staff to work together. The hardest part of the job is when negative issues arise with children and families. I stayed so long because enjoyed working in the nursery setting, the people, supportive colleagues and knowing you have been a part of the child's life
Pros
children always make you smile
Cons
Can be very tiring on your feet all day.
Apprentice
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire26 October 2017
Liked the work, didn't enjoy the college aspect of it. Grave digging, head cutting, grass cutting etc, wide range of tasks, giving me a great experience in lots of different areas.
Pros
20% off nandos
Cons
College
not fun not productive.
trade (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire11 October 2017
While it was an interesting job, it was often run in a chaotic fashion. People in jobs they were not really fit for. Am all for restructure if ita done right. Moral amongst the workforce is unbelievably low.
Pros
good workmates
Cons
bad management
Excellent employer
Scientific Officer (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire22 August 2017
I worked for Stirling Council for 16 years as a frontline manager in waste services and a scientific officer in environmental health.

SC is an active and proactive authority that encourages development.

Colleagues and friends excellent to work with.
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire28 June 2017
Varied and enjoyable job. hardest part of the job dealing with volatile customers, but it was a challenge that I enjoyed.
Both Managers were good, you could talk to them if you had a problem.
fun
School Crossing Patrol (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire22 June 2017
I enjoyed my job for the few months I was there. I left only to pursue a different career path. my manager at the council was always on hand to help me.
Meet lots of individuals.
Mobile Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire7 June 2017
Stirling Council is a great organisation to work for. Meeting lots of people from all backgrounds and professions. They offer a good rate of pay, along with a good pension.
Pros
Rate of pay.
Cons
To much expected sometimes.
fun place to work
Play Leader (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire21 February 2017
I loved working with the football guys they were a great bunch and very funny they appreciated me and I liked booking appointments for pitches and conferences
Pros
bad boss
Cons
local
An ok employer.
Income Maximisation Officer (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire29 January 2017
Overall a good employer. However, support not always quite so forthcoming when required. A very good learning and development ethos with no request to attend relevant courses refused. Nepotism is rife in this local authority. Very much a, "who you know" culture. Job security is practically non-existent due to all the financial cutbacks, but that is replicated by most local authorities at present and not a reflection on Stirling Council.
Fun productive workplace
Joiner (Former Employee) –  Stirling11 January 2017
A Typical day at work for me is turning up having a laugh with co workers and going to work at 8am. I learned how to work as a team more efficiently, I also learned how to work with pressure such as
Security
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Stirling7 January 2017
I loved my job with the council. Great colleagues and most seniors were very supportive. Top class training in all aspects of the job. Bad managers and good ones as well. Salary and holidays very good.
Pros
Wages and holidays
Was okay place to work
Road Worker (Current Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire6 January 2017
Was okay place to work great bunch of guys and it was was good work and always guaranteed work but it's not the best money and I really fancied a change to prove myself I have many tickets
Pros
Pension
Cons
Hourly rate
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire14 December 2016
Stirling council was a great place to work and get a footstep into the Hr industry, however salary was poor, extremely poor along with advancement prospects however, the work/life balance was great and everyone was helpful within the time
Pros
Great and helpful team
Cons
Lack of advancement in HR
good to work with
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dunblane and Bridge of Allan22 October 2016
Found the council to be fair with their employees and all the people I work with were good team players and enjoy working with them
Pros
good holidays
Cons
erlay start 4am
Very Balanced and Fair Workplace
Apprentice Monumental Technician (Current Employee) –  Stirling22 February 2016
A typical day at work is a great day. Fairness and equality within the work place and just a great place to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team, always helping each other out and treat each other with respect.
Pros
Exceptional Salary.
Good employer to work for
Temp seasonal gardener (Former Employee) –  Stirling, SCT19 October 2015
In my day to day duties in this job involved working within the communities carrying out a grounds maintenance service.
We worked as part of a team carrying out grass cutting duties, hedge cutting, weeding beds/borders, planting, also carrying out soft and hard landscaping duties.
Pros
Got four breaks per day
Cons
Long hours in summer months, busy period