Stiltz Ltd

Stiltz Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
Main duties include structural building works and installation of domestic through the floor lifts in residential domestic homes.
A good company to work for but requires much working away from home.

Good training and overtime package provided by the company.
Great company once now going down due to lack of respect for the front line staff.
A great product that will help people in need, unfortunately most customers are disappointed with the way the company communicate throughout the process so tend to be hostile towards site teams at the start of the work.
Pros
Good benefits. Fair salary
Cons
Low moral, bullying tactics, blame culture, no communication, no organisation
Loved it there but personal commitments drew me away from the jobs but all staff and job is quality. Could have been payed a little better but there are a lot of things that you get that makes up for it like good on call rates and all tools provided. Also a cracking lavish party in the spring that is in some stunning locations.
Pros
A lot of things to be fair
Cons
Distance traveled at times
I joined Stiltz at the beginning of 2020 and I'm really enjoying it. The interview process was really positive and quick, they came back to my application really quickly and answered any emails or questions I had in a timely manner. As anyone would be, I was nervous for my interview but I was quickly put as ease by the interviewers. After joining, although there is no full induction plan for when you first start, the team were really helpful in getting me up to speed and guiding me on what self-learning I needed to do around the business and its products. Later I had an induction day with the Business Directors and Senior Team who showed how hands on and passionate they are about the business. They have definitely welcomed me as part of the Stiltz family.
Have been with the business since 2016 and seen it grow tremendously. The company has worked very hard to ensure staff remain motivated, engaged and focused on both business growth and customer satisfaction. Of course there are things that could be done better, individually and holistically, but Directors / Senior Managers are open and approachable, and receptive to suggestions for change and improvement. There is very little staff churn and most people seem contented and enjoy their work.
Pros
Positive attitudes - Great products - Inclusive - Energetic
Cons
Fast growth has sometimes led to systems and processes not keeping up.
Terrible to work for

Unfair requests

Never recommend
Official response from Stiltz Ltd
19 December 2019
We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy during your employment with Stiltz - the business has grown very quickly over the last couple of years, and we are aware of some problems in certain areas of communication.
However, in our recent employee survey, 91% of our staff agreed that Stiltz was a fair and ethical company in the way it treats its staff and 82% stated that they would recommend a family for friend to work at Stiltz.

We always appreciate feedback and make sure we do Exit Interviews with all staff who leave, to ensure we continually improve what we do.
Toxic culture, if you don't fit in with the clique, then no matter how good you are, you're out.
A lot of back stabbing and broken promises made by senior managers.
New owners are just terrible! Toxic atmosphere, just hated, its the worse place I have ever worked.

Long days, with lots of traveling. Wouldn't be recommending to everyone, avoid, as I wish I had now!
Pros
Cons
Just Rubish
Terrible management at all levels, there is a cancer within the business, which has been inherited from the company, the CEO used to own, along with most of his old staff, who are now working for him again. Not a pleasant place to work, totally unprofessional people and close on anti-social, just total disarray.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stiltz Ltd?
Very busy environment in a growing company. With the company being relatively small currently it provides a great range of opportunities to learn different elements of the business.

A very diverse customer base also keeps the job fresh and interesting.