STERIS

STERIS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews
Secure job
Working for Steris is a good place to work. I have been working with the company for a few years and have been very satisfied with the work. Patients safety always comes first.
great place
i would happily recommend any person to work at steris, they treated me fairly and paid me well for my efforts. as an employer they understand that their staff are the heart of the machine.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Great place to work with the latest IT technology. Good work benefit and always offering training in order to help staff be better version of themselves.
Hire and fire company
They sweet talk you into the job and fire abruptly at any point of time, without any indications or warning. Do not spend too much time here as there is no human angle attached in this company
Warehouse person Leicester
Horrible environment,back stabbing colleagues. Disorganised no training false hope given and no future progress within the company. Avoid at all cost.You have been warned!
Good workers are not apppreciated
At the begininning, it was quite interesting to learn how to assemble new medical instruments. But due to the wrong system, the performance requested was impossible to achieve unless you were always able to grab the easy trays. Management either can't see what is going on there or discriminate against. Undue pressure on those who are honest and good workers.
Avoid
Used to be a good place to work
But not now !!!

It’s all about the money

Management are a total joke , left hand does not know what the right hand is doing !
Pros
Home time
Cons
If your face doesn’t fit then you will get nowhere
Good place to work, flexible hours
The company offers good job/life balance. It is possible to do flexible hours, there are no problems with holidays and time off from work when people need to. People do different tasks and there is an opportunity to grow within the company.
Busy and no training investiment
As operations manager, your day is very varied and it is so busy and often there is not time to have lunch.

The Company does not invest in training his managaer and mostly the day is often taken up by daily chores, and there are no opporunitites to get involved in other activities.
Pros
varied
Cons
no training opportunities
Great environment
A company that really cares about its employees. Everyone gets along well and the job is challenging but enjoyable. I look forward to going into work everyday
If my job hadn't moved to France I would still be there
Great company to work for, worked in a small team and managed myself. My manager was extremely supportive and trusting of my working practices.
It is a role I miss everyday.
Place
Its a good place to work. People are good ,very helpful and the management is supportive as well.Salary is also good if you are a beginner. they train their staff well
Good teamwork, great customers, great industry
Although my job role is mainly the contracts administrator I am also lucky enough to be able to have the opportunity to help out my work colleagues when I have quiet periods. Processing orders, quotes and scheduling engineers. This being due to having a boss and team mates who kindly agreed to teach me their job roles and the computer systems they are using. I have a great relationship with our engineers and their managers and enjoy it when I get the chance to work with them. The part about my job that I most appreciate and enjoy is the good rapport that I have built with our customers over the few years I have worked at Steris. I am also proud to have previously worked and now work within the pharmaceutical industry.
Pros
great colleagues, great customers and happy atmosphere
Cons
lack of job security - many redundancies made already (worldwide)